test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Livestream this Saturday! Threats Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In any case a lot have left the chat. I am just sticking around to see the Tier 6 ships and what gear they're using on them with is Current Rep Maco Mark 12/13 and DR Rep Gear Mark 14. I see I have a lot of grinding to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The free RMC for anyone that didn't have it is pretty cool. No issue there.

The other codes, twitch is just way to laggy and the chat way to spammy for silly things like 500 limits.

I would suggest in future to make them time limited. Even if they where only good for 1-2 min or something.

OR... just create codes for things that don't have to have a limit, again even if you expire the codes after an hour or something.

PS... I now understand why all the devs I have ever seen on the test servers have sucked so bad... man put some tac consoles on that warbird lol You don't have to fill them all with universal consoles. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    All I know, is I am getting tired of them dropping these livestreams announcements late, like the same exact day of the livestream.

I normally don't do these Live-streams. They get too much out of hand. Why don't they use a white board post. Use that to get the codes printed larger then post them on the live video instead of typing it out.

Well at lease the Captain Smirk is coming in clear! Thanks for the code for unlimited for the live-stream. That was accepted!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I know, is I am getting tired of them dropping these livestreams announcements late, like the same exact day of the livestream.

This thread has been up for 5 days. How much more advance notice do you need?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First of all thank you very much for the RMC. It's very much appreciated. But the giving away method for the Oberth and Section 31 costumes was highly unfair and just plain stupid. I'm not being resentful since I already own both the Oberth class vessel and the uniform. But with so many people watching and typing in chat and with a considerable lag going on it was next to impossible for somebody outside of the US to actually have a chance to claim any of the 500 items.

I hope next time you will think of a better method for your giveaway. Anyway thanks for the free stuff and the effort.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Should have spent my time on the Holodeck instead . . . oops it was down.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Today's LS was a big FAIL imho! They should really think up another way to conduct these events! For the chatstream, one needs the abilities of Cmdr DATA, or else everything is just a blur, given the crazy people spamming enmasse!! On top of that, the video had lots of lag, which atleast for me, wouldn't have happened, had they enabled the video quality settings option......which obviously they did not (I don't know why!)!!

Regarding the 2nd and 3rd codes, I am of the opinion that they DID NOT play fair! They should have kept that time-limited and not number-limited! I am very disappointed at the way the viewers were treated today. :mad:
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sthero wrote: »
    Today's LS was a big FAIL imho! They should really think up another way to conduct these events! For the chatstream, one needs the abilities of Cmdr DATA, or else everything is just a blur, given the crazy people spamming enmasse!! On top of that, the video had lots of lag, which atleast for me, wouldn't have happened, had they enabled the video quality settings option......which obviously they did not (I don't know why!)!!

Regarding the 2nd and 3rd codes, I am of the opinion that they DID NOT play fair! They should have kept that time-limited and not number-limited! I am very disappointed at the way the viewers were treated today. :mad:

I am with you on that! With what you just said!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    code dont come within the next 20 minutes, im not sticking around after that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, those quick codes were kinda lame to do. But oh well.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    the uni and oberth is no issue, the uni can be be gotten easy enough and the oberth is universally one of the worst ships in game as far as value goes anyways.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    the uni and oberth is no issue, the uni can be be gotten easy enough and the oberth is universally one of the worst ships in game as far as value goes anyways.

I actually like its console. I use it on every science ship.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I had to look it up and your right, but still some would like to have it. RMC at least that wasn't too hard to get. But for other people making other codes limited. 3.5K peak now it's 2.9K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wasn't able to be there but I hope everyone had fun. Send my regards to ol' Smirk, Trendy.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    last stream the servers went down and the code was bad. 1500 of us waited 5+hrs for a new code that we never got. The code was for R&D box.

later..next day Smirk said he would have a make up stream this Saturday and he did but 1hr late,
    servers down again but he did get the stream going.

The code this time was for Red Matter not the R&D box.
    I had the red matter already oh well. 6hr 45min down the drain:mad:

I am happy that all the people that did not have the red matter now have it.

The other 2 codes he give out were already over before it even came up on my screen...twitch lag

Over and out...lol
  • Options
    matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Red Matter Capacitor is only claimable on one character, but during the livestream, Smirk said it is an account unlock. This needs to be fix ASAP.

Submitted bug report ID #2,759,147.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    matthewh01 wrote: »
    The Red Matter Capacitor is only claimable on one character, but during the livestream, Smirk said it is an account unlock. This needs to be fix ASAP.

Submitted bug report ID #2,759,147.

Indeed. I have the same problem and was just coming here to see if anyone else had this problem.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was on Livestream this Saturday saw the codes. My question is where do you type the codes. I was on when we were at 1500. Got cheated because I didn't know where to put the codes. Some one please explain how to do it Thank you!!!!!
  • Options
    starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Indeed. I have the same problem and was just coming here to see if anyone else had this problem.

I also have the same issue with the red matter cap cell
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for running this livestream. Was really fun to watch y'all run the Bug Hunt mission, and to see the Qib and Faeht. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    well im done waiting around for smirk to finish milking whatever hes got going on on his live stream. frankly the while livestream needs to be moved forward a few hours, im waited 20 minutes longer then expected and i need some sleep. dr pack be damned :P.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I was on Livestream this Saturday saw the codes. My question is where do you type the codes. I was on when we were at 1500. Got cheated because I didn't know where to put the codes. Some one please explain how to do it Thank you!!!!!

You need to have ARC installed. Start up ARC. Click on the little drop down arrow on the upper left corner of the window (right next to the ARC symbol. Then click on the first entry "Redeem a code". Enter the key and click on next... done.
  • Options
    warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Top left on Arc there is a drop down list...the code is #1 on list
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    szim wrote: »
    You need to have ARC installed. Start up ARC. Click on the little drop down arrow on the upper left corner of the window (right next to the ARC symbol. Then click on the first entry "Redeem a code". Enter the key and click on next... done.

Thank You!
  • Options
    starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You put codes in the Arc Client.

At the top left corner, next to the ARC symbol is a down arrow. Click on that and a drop down menu appears. You then click on Redeem a Code.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    CS just said. It sucks but RMC is not getting fixed. But we can all login next time and try again!!!
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    enough said ;(
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Plenty of people ranted at me during livestream for repeating myself (wording it differently each time to try to elicit a response) but I never did get an answer to the question about what happened to rewarding those of us watching last weeks' snaffu of a livestream and the R&D pack code we were promised. Don't get me wrong... I love gooey afterburn as much as the next Welshman but...

I understand the hard work Smirk put in, Hell I admire it (and Kate was a huge bonus (recognised her voice from somewhere so asked if she had done some VO and was answered with an affirmative!)), but to not give us the promised R&D code this week (and to say only that "we are sorry the code didn't work and we still can't get it to work") is poor in terms of fulfilling promises and making loyal customers feel valued.
    I tuned in, and enjoyed the broadcast, but the codes they did give out were first-come-first-served for ?many out of the 3500 of us (out of HOW many hundreds of thousands that actually play?) and the lag meant those of us outside mainland USA were SOL.

I am forced to wonder, despite Smirk's affirmations that they were still looking into the R&D pack codes and a future livestream giving them away, that the addition of upgrade items to the R&D pack was a factor in this weeks' failure to give them away.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    throkithroki Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the Livestream, Smirk, was fun to watch. Especially the Bug Hunt in the beginning, can't wait to play that myself. :)

Sucks about that RMC though, especially for all those people who claimed it on a wrong character. Any chances you can change that back to what you said it was, i.e. account wide and not one character only? :confused:
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just wish I had known the RMC wasn't account wide but only one char only and char bound i wouldn't have opened it on an alt I was doffing with first not my main char at all.
This discussion has been closed.