test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• rcscullyrcscully Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is the bonus R&D event going to be extended by a day? Baysickly ... or sickbayly ... the whole evening of a prime time day in the weekend has been gone for all Europeans. Now it's even starting to affect the East Coasters in the USA and if it stays down another few hours, the whole USA will be affected in their prime time as well. So please, at least let us have another evening of R&D bonus.

To right, its now 23.19 in the UK, which means its 00.19 in most of europe, so my night has been runined :(
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Soooo it's been about 4hrs, and still down I see!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014

you sound surprised..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foolishowlfoolishowl Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    frozenfew wrote: »
    No updates? No communication??????
    They've updated several times in the last half hour in this thread.

I work in an operations center for a big IT company, where the policy is to avoid admitting anything publicly until well after the problem is resolved. So I'm actually glad to see they've got people checking in.
  • krycrowkrycrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is now 11.20 pm over here in Great Britannia and I did plan to spend the night levelling up my new Romulan character, but it is almost bed time for us lowly workers. Thank you Cryptic, really thank you :mad: :confused:
  • captainman2captainman2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    somebody fed the tribbles loose in the holodeck. then fed them so they multiplied in numbers and over ran the server
    to the defiant and lets kick some borg tail:)
  • masondixon1masondixon1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a fellow software developer, I offer my sympathy to the engineering team.

That said... Jeez, this is taking a long time.

I will now commence crying like a baby.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Server has been down most of the day... long before the show started
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just bought Zen for a new ship. :(
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is the bonus R&D event going to be extended by a day? Baysickly ... or sickbayly ... the whole evening of a prime time day in the weekend has been gone for all Europeans. Now it's even starting to affect the East Coasters in the USA and if it stays down another few hours, the whole USA will be affected in their prime time as well. So please, at least let us have another evening of R&D bonus.

They should but they won't. If I could have gotten on when I got off work, the 20hr cooldown time-walkback would have let me have turned in one more set of R&D missions before the cutoff on Monday. Now I'm going to be losing 72,000 XP instead. (Assuming they get the damn game working today and I don't lose today's extra 72k)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Important Message

to all players we are currently in the process of implementing a fix to our servers. Please have your bank and credit cards details to hand as the new servers will be time metered, So pay to play

Please get things fixed soon
  • kanderuskanderus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

strange, i didn't get booted off until 2 1/2 hrs ago, until then all was fine
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really so the servers go off line and obviously criptic is doing something evil? So do things never break in your delusions?
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking it will stay down till the livestream is over to increase viewers.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really so the servers go off line and obviously criptic is doing something evil? So do things never break in your delusions?

Well, to be honest, things never break in my delusions. They do, however, break often in my realities.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • cdiakcdiak Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Important Message

to all players we are currently in the process of implementing a fix to our servers. Please have your bank and credit cards details to hand as the new servers will be time metered, So pay to play

Please get things fixed soon

That would be preferable to the excuse that this game is "free," so we have no right to expect good service. I paid for this game when I bought it. I paid for this game when it was pay to play. And I paid to buy a bunch of dilithium, and ship modules, and lockbox keys. This game is for pay. Not free. Better service is required.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Actually, the livestream was sadly delayed due to the downtime. We have an engineering team down at Cryptic working on the Holodeck fix currently.
  • jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually, the livestream was sadly delayed due to the downtime. We have an engineering team down at Cryptic working on the Holodeck fix currently.

Delayed.. yet its still working fine with no bugs or hiccups... yet servers are still down..
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can borrow my chief engineer to help with repairs.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was on early this morning it was still dark out all the way up to over 1 pm here. I leave come back to get on Twitch to get a good spot at 2 PM here. 3 hrs later Trendy said they're ready. Now Video is Loading. All this time servers are down!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »

I gave up on the livestream, the chat spam and twitch lag was too much. What I did see was interesting, though.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jengofire wrote: »
    Delayed.. yet its still working fine with no bugs or hiccups... yet servers are still down..
    livestream has been on tribble and a dev test server, which are not holodeck
  • actualh3roactualh3ro Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Come on!!! Fix it, I want to shoot things! :mad:
  • tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe after they fix all these bugs they can figure out how to not have the UI burn through 50 fps
  • ragnarblackmane6ragnarblackmane6 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there an ETA at to when the server might be back online for gameplay?
  • ragnarblackmane6ragnarblackmane6 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there an ETA when the server will be back online for gameplay?
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there an ETA when the server will be back online for gameplay?

No, No ETA.
  • moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To all the whiners complaining about not being able to shoot stuff. If your a paying member get on tribble server. If your not a paying member...get on redshirt server! Simple solution. stop whining. Holodeck will be back as soon as they can find and fix the issue.
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sorry folks, but it's ALL my fault: I was in ESD Requisitions after exchanging some stuff on The Exchange, then decided to Beam-Up (tm) to my ship in orbit of ESD, THEN for reasons that I cannot remember, I Beamed down to Starfleet Academy. The server crashed mid-transit, caused by my character's quantum particles jamming up the I/O Transporter Pattern Buffers ... Again I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused:D

Message from the Excelsior's computer: HAVE A NICE DAY:)
  • ponderscpondersc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A broken server and a busted livestream. So, saturday is down the drain for STO.