What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A time fluctuation? Did the server hamsters suddenly run backwards?
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I blame the Kazon! :mad:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    No attitude here, go back and take some more pills and calm down.

Sorry :), didn't mean you, i meant the other fellow ranting on.
  • Options
    loganofterranloganofterran Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How much longer?? Any update YET?
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    would not be a new season without constant server outages and broken mechanics... here's a thought instead of trying to rush broken content to us, fix the current and past non working content... if your just trying to rush the new dilithium vaccum..... i have a fix for that too.... instead of an upgrade system, lets call it what it is.... a slot machine... we put our currency in and pull the handle and then holo leeta yells dabo as we get nadda in return.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

Like they would be competent enough to cause a time fluctuation lol
  • Options
    timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    csbastian wrote: »
    would not be a new season without constant server outages and broken mechanics... here's a thought instead of trying to rush broken content to us, fix the current and past non working content... if your just trying to rush the new dilithium vaccum..... i have a fix for that too.... instead of an upgrade system, lets call it what it is.... a slot machine... we put our currency in and pull the handle and then holo leeta yells dabo as we get nadda in return.

:) I hate to say it but agreed...let's fix the old stuff first
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

Nah, it's just some bad code from the other expansion they'd been considering instead of Delta Rising: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ
  • Options
    dvbordendvborden Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember last year playing LOTRO, game servers crashed on Friday night of Labor Day weekend and were down until the following Tuesday. That's when I first downloaded STO...
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited September 2014

They tried hooking up a food blender to their bridge and ended up causing a rupture in subspace.

The Kazon don't have to be competent to cause problems. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    somhainsomhain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

So in other words, someone was vacuuming and unplugged the server because the live stream was on?
    plug the blasted thing back in and lets go!!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ussdanube wrote: »
    ok Jesus no need need for the attitude. and as for the Game, it is just that, a Game so chill out and relax. they said they're working on it. they're not going to leave us high and dry for long
    Players with an attitude
    Moderators that were in the mood
    Don't just stand there, let's get to it
    Strike a bug, there's nothing to it
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How much longer?? Any update YET?

It'll be ready when its ready.

Now save this reply to your desktop and bring it out whenever there's an indefinite waiting period. It'll save you a little worry. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Breaking News

Due to a database error Holodeck will be rolled back to pre-upgrade item patch. There will be no refund on spent Dilithium.

Only Joking :cool:
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dvborden wrote: »
    I remember last year playing LOTRO, game servers crashed on Friday night of Labor Day weekend and were down until the following Tuesday. That's when I first downloaded STO...

LOL i would go crazy. i already had my gaming cut short by yesterdays emergency maintenance

http://stostatus.com/ STO ALL SERVERS STATS
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Whew, for a moment there, I thought we where having a real time (no pun intended) of Loschmidt's paradox.

Goes back to reading physics journals from the late 90's.

...almost makes one feel like a cat in a box...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They are of course quite incompetent enough to however.

Never underestimate the possibilities, of stupidity/
    Players with an attitude
    Moderators that were in the mood
    Don't just stand there, let's get to it
    Strike a bug, there's nothing to it
    VOGUE
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    I am kind of impressed. They released a segment of the new features to the public service ahead of the main release... for real-world testing. Given the complexity of the new release it makes sense to release it in stages for testing. OTHERWISE the team will be overwhelmed with bug reports when the whole enchilada hits on the 14th...

Best to iron out the kinks this way than rely on the handful of Tribble-ers to give them useful feedback.

So lets cut them SOME slack. Not a whole lot, mind you... and I am still going to rag and rage. I mean seriously THIS IS CUTTING INTO MY PEW PEW TIME CRYPTIC. HOW HARD IS IT TO SWAP A HAMSTER?! :D

I had to pay $60 to Beta test the original release of STO. I still seem to be paying to Beta test STO. When does the live version come out? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Nah, it's just some bad code from the other expansion they'd been considering instead of Delta Rising: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ

Delta Rising is just a code name... it's actually going to be called "Dilithium Required"

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tell me, does the post counter work by letters or by actual posts? :D

Actual posts, for better of for worse.

My stories and the Ba'al joke have kind of artificially inflated my post count.
  • Options
    jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ussdanube wrote: »
    Sorry :), didn't mean you, i meant the other fellow ranting on.

it isn't a rant as it's true, and i am quite calm ty. maybe take your butt hurt somewhere else though? :)
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I knew gooey afterburners were a bad idea! They've gummed up the Bustard collectors, the Primary Impulse reactors and all the bio-neural gel packs! Where's Scotty when you need him? :D
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Somebody must have hit WARP 10 and created baby lizards.

Um..I've hit Warp 22 in the game.. You have no idea what you're talking about right?

//// LF a link to the livestream
  • Options
    asurtaiasurtai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sanatoba wrote: »
    I knew gooey afterburners were a bad idea! They've gummed up the Bustard collectors, the Primary Impulse reactors and all the bio-neural gel packs! Where's Scotty when you need him? :D

last time i saw him he had his head stuck around the primary warp injector shouting some thing about not enough power and giving her all shez got..
  • Options
    jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    keravnios wrote: »
    Um..I've hit Warp 22 in the game.. You have no idea what you're talking about right?

//// LF a link to the livestream

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

that is the twitch link :)
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sanatoba wrote: »

...on the Timeships that is! Oh, and they overloaded the temporal matrix transport unit as well! Thus the time fluctuations! Better call in Data too!
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Any News yet really board of waiting

The Board of Waiting requires a large input of water.