Install Arc
Options

Server downtime Sept 27th

Comments

• Options
    catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    demencius2 wrote: »
    We are the victims of the modern world's marketing and company administrating tendencies
    that goes by the moto "maximize profits minimizing expences" So what happens is that the companies have less than needed bandwidth cause although on the open they claim they have milions of players/customers in fact they provide resourses for much fewer than what they have already. Its the same as banks. If everybody was to go tomorrow and take his monay out of a bank all the banks in the world would go bankrupt. Same with STO and every popular MMO. If every player decides to log in a specific time their server will sink. Imagine this game as a bus that offers tickets for rides the whole year to people . They sell the tickets to many more people than the availiable seats counting in some advanced marketing formula saying that for example in truth you can get out with customers divided by X amount of actual seats since its very unlikly that everyone will wanna travel at the same time! So that maximizes the profit in normal circumstances. Same happens with ISPs same happens banks , same happens with about every company type in modern world All this happens because the companies have never enough "seats" for the so called customers because based on such statistics they think they can get away with much less "seats" . But sometimes this is thrown out of the window cause sometimes people log in all together as if it was a pre-planed
    and everything goes to hell.

Also known as "No, we learned nothing from AOL."
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014
    Well DUUH!!! NO wounder I can't log in... *facepalm* server is down... LAWLS

Im here all lazy trying to use my laptop to remotely connect to me gaming pc to log into STO... and it wouldn't retrieve my characters... *self facepalm*

I feel... im done... lolz... wow...

Im all going crazy on why my laptop won't load the game remotely... turns out its sever down... :O

BTW... askray any info on why the server is down???
    I can come to a conclusion... Gear Upgrade System!!?!?!?!!!
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We're looking in to the issues with Holodeck at this time.

You would post the second I walk outside. Lol
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    madpeter7madpeter7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i wonder if this gets mentioned at the live chat today.
  • Options
    derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was standing on my bridge, when I saw the red light flashing up, I fell on my knees and shouted into the cold dark void of Space...

LOG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Moments before the crash, I hit L15 projectile crafting.

If this is somehow undone... I will be slightly upset.

If it didn't take you'll sill have yer inputs.
    Happened to me once also.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

this was to keep you from penetrating others..... x)
  • Options
    somhainsomhain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We're looking in to the issues with Holodeck at this time.

LOL we know what the issue is. We can't log onto the game. So the issue is involunary withdrawl.
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Things get "undone" only if DB gets corrupted. I highly doubt what we're experiencing here is that severe. So don't worry.
  • Options
    rcscullyrcscully Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why isnt this working, i need to play or I have to talk to my other half and hes so boring lol
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OOH OOH! Hey guys! I managed to log into the "Outside" server. There's next to no lag and the graphics are PHENOMENAL!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just admit that you want us all too watch Smirk's livestream in an hour. :P

Here is the url for it
    http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

and here the news
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7006753-sto-livestream-delta-rising-threat-revealed
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rcscully wrote: »
    Why isnt this working, i need to play or I have to talk to my other half and hes so boring lol

Mines still asleep was up late playing games lol
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited September 2014
    OOH OOH! Hey guys! I managed to log into the "Outside" server. There's next to no lag and the graphics are PHENOMENAL!!!

But there are too many NPC's and they make me uncomfortable.
  • Options
    rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What's an outside server?
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

It's dark and cold overhere :P

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yeah, but the Cancer Rate is higher than staring at the monitor/TV.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Are there Warp-capable spaceships?
  • Options
    medimanmediman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone else not able to get by this when trying to log in now?

EDIT:
    Hey folks, if I get any ETA's etc I'll post on this thread :) ~Paul (aka askray)

yes i am not able to log in also
  • Options
    vraxxtorvraxxtor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone needs to restart the servers and if the database isnt corrupted we all can login again and nothing will be lost.
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    protoneous wrote: »
    What does that little red light on the login screen mean?

You'd think that this game makes enough $$$ so they could provision it to take a busy weekend's player load….

its not hard RED means off

Green means ON

its easy and simple LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    demencius2 wrote: »
    We are the victims of the modern world's marketing and company administrating tendencies
    that goes by the moto "maximize profits minimizing expences" So what happens is that the companies have less than needed bandwidth cause although on the open they claim they have milions of players/customers in fact they provide resourses for much fewer than what they have already. Its the same as banks. If everybody was to go tomorrow and take his monay out of a bank all the banks in the world would go bankrupt. Same with STO and every popular MMO. If every player decides to log in a specific time their server will sink. Imagine this game as a bus that offers tickets for rides the whole year to people . They sell the tickets to many more people than the availiable seats counting in some advanced marketing formula saying that for example in truth you can get out with (customers divided by X amount) of actual seats since its very unlikly that everyone will wanna travel at the same time! So that maximizes the profit in normal circumstances. Same happens with ISPs same happens banks , same happens with about every company type in modern world All this happens because the companies have never enough "seats" for the so called customers because based on such statistics they think they can get away with much less "seats" . But sometimes this is thrown out of the window cause sometimes people log in all together as if it was a pre-planed sceme and everything goes to hell.

How true, how true. It is live stream day and they wanted lots of people watching, but perhaps didn't think everyone would log into the game too while they waited for the live stream to start. Either that, or the Kazon are back......:D
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's no respawn in the outside server.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I tried that, but I couldn't remember my password...it was so long ago.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    a news article from may.

There is a BASH bug called shellshock thats hit the news the last few days too..

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/25/what-is-the-shellshock/
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    any indication AT ALL that the powers that be are even AWAKE let alone AWARE?
  • Options
    ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yeah but the gameplay sucks.
  • Options
    pycasnepycasne Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I took a look. You lied to me. It's disgusting, there's green everywhere and there's so many mobs that I can't kill them all to get a moment's rest.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sylkrode wrote: »
    any indication AT ALL that the powers that be are even AWAKE let alone AWARE?

A mod and a dev have posted. The mod is cleaning up the forums, the dev said they're working on it. :)
This discussion has been closed.