test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server downtime Sept 27th

Comments

• timboslice2007timboslice2007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Stuck too... Wonder if I started to see a little bit before it went down hard. I was adjusting skills on Fed bridge officers and two of them weren't there...submitted a ticket asking what was going on...then kicked off.
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The worst thing is I was playing a Klingon and was starting to worry I was about to receive a discommendation because my inventory was full of Tribbles and I couldn't get rid of them! :eek:
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    22 ?
    A mod is definitely combining threads, I just reread page 15-23 a second time because threads are getting combined as I read. It's upto 35 now.

Read the first post... yep I'm around :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    riclin wrote: »

Ummmm.... that's THIS Thread.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • maxwilsonmaxwilson Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hahaha that's funny!
    Veteran lifer since the beta.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Read the first post... yep I'm around :P

Rgr that, at least someones on the job
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • somhainsomhain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't wait for this to happen when the expansion comes out, should be really good for buisness. Bet they'll sell a lot from the game store then LOL
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    22 ?
    A mod is definitely combining threads, I just reread page 15-23 a second time because threads are getting combined as I read. It's upto 35 now.

Ooooooohhhh, so that's what was happening. Was all 'wtf?' for a bit wondering what the heck I put into my coffee. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
    edited September 2014
    Ooooooohhhh, so that's what was happening. Was all 'wtf?' for a bit wondering what the heck I put into my coffee. :P

Hey...send some this way ;)
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

edited September 2014
    somhain wrote: »
    Can't wait for this to happen when the expansion comes out, should be really good for buisness. Bet they'll sell a lot from the game store then LOL

I should start working on a new song now...

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    We're looking in to the issues with Holodeck at this time.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tribble is still up for those at a loose end..
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup, just found a news article titled "Massive Unexplained DDoS Attack Hits USA"

a news article from may.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Hey...send some this way ;)

Sending the tanker trucks now.
    edited September 2014

Somebody just came in outta the sun... <chuckle>

• azagtoth1azagtoth1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am stuck in the same boat as the rest of ya.
    Since about 12 mountain.
    :mad:
  • onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Coldsnapped is on the job!!
  • demencius2demencius2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't give a **** what the reason is for this latest issue. It's always the same story with every launch. They are never ready & don't seem to factor in the additional load created on the servers.
    It just seems like they never learn from the past launch experiences & take steps to increase server capacity ahead of time. Thus the current issues.

We are the victims of the modern world's marketing and company administrating tendencies
    that goes by the moto "maximize profits minimizing expences" So what happens is that the companies have less than needed bandwidth cause although on the open they claim they have milions of players/customers in fact they provide resourses for much fewer than what they have already. Its the same as banks. If everybody was to go tomorrow and take his monay out of a bank all the banks in the world would go bankrupt. Same with STO and every popular MMO. If every player decides to log in a specific time their server will sink. Imagine this game as a bus that offers tickets for rides the whole year to people . They sell the tickets to many more people than the availiable seats counting in some advanced marketing formula saying that for example in truth you can get out with (customers divided by X amount) of actual seats since its very unlikly that everyone will wanna travel at the same time! So that maximizes the profit in normal circumstances. Same happens with ISPs same happens banks , same happens with about every company type in modern world All this happens because the companies have never enough "seats" for the so called customers because based on such statistics they think they can get away with much less "seats" . But sometimes this is thrown out of the window cause sometimes people log in all together as if it was a pre-planed sceme and everything goes to hell.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This better not affect the livestream later.

didnt we have a problem the last time we had a livestream??

oh yeah, can't login either lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What does that little red light on the login screen mean?

You'd think that this game makes enough $$$ so they could provision it to take a busy weekend's player load….
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited September 2014
    Moments before the crash, I hit L15 projectile crafting.

If this is somehow undone... I will be slightly upset.
    I AM WAR.
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Do you know about the adapted maco set being bugged at xiii the stats stay the same !

http://stostatus.com/
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Just admit that you want us all too watch Smirk's livestream in an hour. :P
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    demencius2 wrote: »
    We are the victims of the modern world's marketing and company administrating tendencies
    that goes by the moto "maximize profits minimizing expences" So what happens is that the companies have less than needed bandwidth cause although on the open they claim they have milions of players/customers in fact they provide resourses for much fewer than what they have already. Its the same as banks. If everybody was to go tomorrow and take his monay out of a bank all the banks in the world would go bankrupt. Same with STO and every popular MMO. If every player decides to log in a specific time their server will sink. Imagine this game as a bus that offers tickets for rides the whole year to people . They sell the tickets to many more people than the availiable seats counting in some advanced marketing formula saying that for example in truth you can get out with customers divided by X amount of actual seats since its very unlikly that everyone will wanna travel at the same time! So that maximizes the profit in normal circumstances. Same happens with ISPs same happens banks , same happens with about every company type in modern world All this happens because the companies have never enough "seats" for the so called customers because based on such statistics they think they can get away with much less "seats" . But sometimes this is thrown out of the window cause sometimes people log in all together as if it was a pre-planed
    and everything goes to hell.

Also known as "No, we learned nothing from AOL."
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014
    Well DUUH!!! NO wounder I can't log in... *facepalm* server is down... LAWLS

Im here all lazy trying to use my laptop to remotely connect to me gaming pc to log into STO... and it wouldn't retrieve my characters... *self facepalm*

I feel... im done... lolz... wow...

Im all going crazy on why my laptop won't load the game remotely... turns out its sever down... :O

BTW... askray any info on why the server is down???
    I can come to a conclusion... Gear Upgrade System!!?!?!?!!!
    edited September 2014

You would post the second I walk outside. Lol

• madpeter7madpeter7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i wonder if this gets mentioned at the live chat today.
  • derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was standing on my bridge, when I saw the red light flashing up, I fell on my knees and shouted into the cold dark void of Space...

LOG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
This discussion has been closed.