test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Lies Beneath Away Team Pathing Broken

captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Every time I play this mission on the final part of the mission; Spectre of the Past my away team either gets lost, or just completely drops off the map completely making the mission very difficult to complete. I think it may be to all the clutter on the ground that makes normal pathing a nightmare, there are even things on the ground that makes it difficult for your captain to even traverse.

in game ticket number: 2,752,550
lHut1H2.jpg
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
Post edited by captw on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    addition: NPC spawning on map after just killing the group. They also appear to just go up into the ceiling where you can't kill them.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not in game right now...but is that the mission in Drozana where you fight the Bonnie-kin hologram, then you work your way down the Drozana depths in a spiral like pattern? occasionally having to visit some side rooms that spawn the devidians or spiders? And your boffs end up teleporting above or below you? sometimes the bad guys will teleport too?

Try setting your boffs to passive and when you are going down the ramps in the spiral keep them on the ramps. If you have to go inside a room to activate a console make your boffs wait outside by clicking to go-to icon and clicking on the ground outside. Go inside and if you spawn anything and you need help killing it, just run back out, set your boffs to fire at will. Once you are done set them back to passive. If any of them gets stuck make them wait again in a spot, then go back and manually try and move the boff that is stuck.

I found that if the boffs are on follow and fire at will and you enter a room they will start to bug out. I reported it in the bug forums about a year ago but as you can see it is still happening. I've also posted in several other threads referencing my older thread where people also reported the same issue.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=921461

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=924721
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hehe i just read that old thread and that monkeybones guy gave me a bit of a chuckle.

11-16-2013 posted my bug thread
    11-19-2013 posted in another thread referencing my own bug thread
    02-08-2014 monkeybones quoted my post i made on 11-19-2014 said that they he "had me beat" and they posted about on 12-22-2013
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    they should call these bugs the Haunting of Drozanna.
    lHut1H2.jpg
  • Options
    jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I get to that point I just lock them in place in front of those rooms and go in by myself until we get to the final part of the mission then let them go.
  • Options
    tanglepixietanglepixie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's been like this for several months now. Sometimes your team (or some of them at least) will make it back to you before the final fight. There is a way of regrouping, but it involves dying and respawning which is less than ideal.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,185 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    This and Cage of Fire are kinda notorious for having bad pathing...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This mission is just plain useless now and I would just avoid it for all future toons. If STO isn't going to fix this mission and all the other like this one then just get rid of them and install new stuff.
  • Options
    spacecmdrtravisspacecmdrtravis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did play through this mission recently, and I can support the OP. The pathing on this mission has become very problematic. The worst section I experienced was on the final decent to the computer room/Devidian hive. My BOFFs refused to go down the spiral decent, and enemies fell through the ceilings/floors.

The first map of the following mission, "Everything Old is New", has placement/pathing issues as well. The security patrol(s) just after the technician that accosts you seem to have been broken, and they refuse to move around at all now (making a pacifist playthrough for the accolade nearly impossible except for, ironically, a TAC player with a ground cloak).

Furthermore the female computer tech just beyond those patrols was observed standing outside the door to the room where you normally would meet her, instead of at the terminal that you normally have to distract her from.
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup , this is the main reason i always skip this mission all of the times. Reported several times but still not fixed, the rewards are not worthy anyways, so just skip it.