Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - September 23, 2014

Comments

• Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Wow, blast from the past! Welcome back Zero :)

Haha, thanks! I've missed writing the patch notes. :)

These days I just lurk in the background...
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    are we there yet ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jamaharon wrote: »
    If upgrading already ate your consoles, and they disappeared, will there be a way to get those back? My Fleet Dreadnaught ate its cloak and saucer separation, and my cloaks disappeared from my defiant retro and fleet defiant retro as well. So, I have no cloaks. And no saucer separation.

I need those back... They make us go... And if I don't get 'em I'm taking Geordi hostage. And I'm not falling for that Crimson Force-field trick.

You'd need to recopy the character over.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Nice was wondering how you were going to work in skills for 50-60, time to go take a look, thanks again

A little off subject but any idea when more info on c-store ships will become available, like if T-6 ships will be sold separately and if so price, I would guess 3000 zen

The answer is probably yes. According to the Q&A for the Delta Rising Operations pack the only items exclusive to the pack will be the duty officers and titles (subject to change of course). http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?a=131

The Legacy of Romulus pack was like that, all ships, outfits, reman playable species, master keys (of course), and the liberated borg reman boff could be purchased individually in the c-store. Only the duty officers and titles were exclusive to the pack. So I expect the DR pack to be the same. :)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    server sure has been down a wile
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *holds head*

OH GOD WHEN IS IT COMING BACK!!?? :eek:
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    server sure has been down a wile

It was napping, but I've awoken it. It has risen from its slumber with a ferocity only infrequently seen. Like the mighty kraken, it emerges from the depths to engulf unwary passersby. Ask not for whom the Tribble tolls--it tolls for thee.

Sorry. I got a little carried away. Always a risk later in the day. :D
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was napping, but I've awoken it. It has risen from its slumber with a ferocity only infrequently seen. Like the mighty kraken, it emerges from the depths to engulf unwary passersby. Ask not for whom the Tribble tolls--it tolls for thee.

i was just about to say i must of jinxed it lol
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Can you find out when Silver players can get on to help catch bugs? We have 3 weeks left until it goes live.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you find out when Silver players can get on to help catch bugs? We have 3 weeks left until it goes live.

did not cpt smirk say that this was not going to happen this time around ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014

lol, nice. Remind me to not poke a sleeping zer0.

Also yay, I no longer crash when loading my freighter bridge as was happening on the 18th/19th:
    We made a material update in this build that causes a couple of different maps to crash in this way. Since it didnt impact the Delta Rising content we were releasing yesterday we decided to push it with a known crash. That being said, we know that Drozana is important for testing this release so we're making another push today that will resolve this issue with that map.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

-edit- OMG, you guys, you changed the stats display on our Ship Status window. It's SO much better now. The old version had such a tiny scrollable area. This is vastly improved. I never heard anyone complain about this but it was always something that irked me. Thank you! :)

And there's a preview window for what will happen during a T5U upgrade! You guys rock!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How do we add points to the Captain Specialization section? I found it and I'm clicking on sections I want to upgrade, but nothing's happening. :confused:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't upgrade any ships. The confirmation window is just blank.

Also, the Fleet Chimera requires a token, even though vet ships were supposed to be free?
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How do we add points to the Captain Specialization section? I found it and I'm clicking on sections I want to upgrade, but nothing's happening. :confused:

Bottom right corner of the window has an "Accept" button. Once you've highlighted the ability you want, click that button. :)
  • Options
    donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Players can't upgrade their ships with tonight's update. The new UI for it is beautiful, but when players click upgrade, the purchase upgrade token, it pops up a blank window saying confirm purchase.... Please fix this ASAP!!
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    donburrito wrote: »
    Players can't upgrade their ships with tonight's update. The new UI for it is beautiful, but when players click upgrade, the purchase upgrade token, it pops up a blank window saying confirm purchase.... Please fix this ASAP!!

Yeah, I just ran into the same issue. Seems that Tribble's lack of C-Store is presenting a roadblock to upgrading, at least as far as C-Store ships (like my C-Store DSDs) go. (On the other hand, when I tried upgrading a Chel Grett, it worked fine.)
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The ships that get Free upgrades still upgrade fine. It's the ones that will require Zen on Holodeck that cannot be upgraded.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Bottom right corner of the window has an "Accept" button. Once you've highlighted the ability you want, click that button. :)

Thanks, kirimuffin! :) Though, weirdly, I clicked on the ability, but the "Accept" button's still greyed out. :confused:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Refracting Tetryon Cascade will now grey out and prevent activation if the currently selected target is out of range.
    Finally. I can't tell you how many times I wasted that power only to have it go into full 5 minute cooldown because I'm usually not paying attention to how close my selected target is before using it. Thank you.
    Completing the Mk XII Adapted MACO Personal Armor project will now grant the correct costume unlock.
    Still broken for my male Reman captain! I don't have access to the M.A.C.O. helmet even though I own the full set and have the accolade for it.

On Tribble server I obtained the Adapted M.A.C.O. ground set and it gave me the accolade. My male Reman captain only has access to the M.A.C.O. Striker helmet (from the adapted set) but strangely my bridge officers have access to the standard helmet only and not the Striker version.

I've tried everything! Discarding the M.A.C.O Mk XII ground set and reclaiming it from the ship replicator, registering each piece of the set with Commander Roxy on DS9, redoing the projects to obtain all 3 pieces of the set. Nothing has worked. My male Reman captain flat out doesn't have access to the basic M.A.C.O. helmet even though my bridge officers do.

I'm not the only one with this problem with male Remans not having access to the standard M.A.C.O. helmet. :mad:
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel still eats the special console when upgraded... :( :mad:

Edit to Add:
    Re Copied the character, and tried moving the console out and upgrading... I was able to keep the console, but still getting the error message:

Class Requirements not met
  • Options
    ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Content:

[*]Kobali Adventure Zone:

[*]Resolved an issue where the final two open missions in the base would not start properly.

Nurrrrrp.

Still busted for me.
  • Options
    woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad that my fleet KDF and Romulan ships are patched to now do the upgrade, but with also the zen puchase ship upgrade now in place and the C-Store in-active to do the upgrade....

.....made my gladness turn into anger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    daemonheld wrote: »
    R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel still eats the special console when upgraded... :( :mad:

I can confirm this on my Wells and my Mobius, the consoles cannot be equipped on either of them
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    did not cpt smirk say that this was not going to happen this time around ?

to my knowledge no he did not lol.

• Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Vesta consoles work fine. I just can't figure out where to get an upgrade requisition to try my other ships now. Before this patch, all I had to do is click upgrade. Now it tells me I need an upgrade requisition to upgrade my ship. Why is the Ambassador not eligible for an upgrade when it is an account wide Z-Store unlock?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ereiid wrote: »
    Nurrrrrp.

Still busted for me.

same for me, will start first wave and progress bar but then it just resets over and over.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Can't upgrade any ships. The confirmation window is just blank.

Also, the Fleet Chimera requires a token, even though vet ships were supposed to be free?

the standard vet ships are, the fleet versions cost a module
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    heres another list of patch notes to add in:
    • Mastery Traits
      • Quick Deployment
        • Added a 50% Boost to Hangar Pet XP Gains
      • Auxiliary Power Infusers
        • Removed
        • Replaced by a new trait, Reactive Shield Technology on Carriers and Science Vessels
        • Replaced by Enhanced Weapon Systems on Dreadnought Carriers (Narcine and Jem'Hadar)
      • Reactive Shield Technology
        • Replaces Auxiliary Power Infusers on Carriers and Science Vessels
        • +Shield Regen and -5% Damage to Shields
      • Enhanced Hull Plating and Absorptive Hull Plating
        • Resist Buffs increased from +10 to +25
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    id like a moment of silence for the hegh'ta, a stock native tier 5 ship that never got a fleet version, and thus cant have a tier 5U version. it died alone and forgotten, its younger siblings stealing away it honor the last few years.

its not alone in its disgrace, for the gurumba and orian marauder FD cruiser at best can only hope for 10 console mk 5U, as no fleet version for them exists. they actually pushed back the fleet gurumba for so long, it cant even happen anymore.

there are still more ships that will never see the light of day again as well. K'Tanco, QulDun, Qorgh, Pach, all perfectly fine player ship models, all could have been used to fill holes in the kdf ship line up with fleet versions. they would not have even required new art assets, some even had c store refit costumes, they fleet ships should have printed free money, reusing old assets like that.

the Ki'tang at least got 1 last hurrah with the tier 5 mirror version, but its very far from what is soon to be the new baseline

you could have saved them cryptic, even if they didn't sell well, they required no new art, just whatever time it takes to hook up a new ship entity. apparently it doesn't take that long, it should be about the same as recreating a tier 5 ship in tier 5U form, whats the difference really?

its not to late! you have until DR launch to get fleet versions of these ship in once and for all! you got a lot of practice right now on "copy/pasting" ships, there's no better time.

I support this message.

But the Hegh'ta won't soon be forgotten by me...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!