test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Long term players

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
I know that cryptic needs the money and they can't just give away stuff, but those of us devoted to Star Trek Online who were there from day 1 and still playing the game devoted to our chars our ships etc etc...

Are we getting anything extra from PWE or Cryptic a little token of appreciation that we are still here after 4 years, not only the LTS players but also the free players or those putting in the monthly stipment.
They can easily check out who is there from day one who is still playing or at least log in from time to time.
So not only a little thank you but something we can use ingame would be nice I know there not many of us left and I know Cryptic is devoted to get new Players and thanks to some off us inviting people over in trying STO they get new players right, so little thanks in giving something ingame would be nice to those who are still playing the game.

Are you a long term player and you feel the same let it know down here.... and please NO ranting !!!

Greets
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not another 'I have been here longer than anyone else, therefore I should get...' thread.

Iv'e been shopping at the same super market for almost a decade. Do I get free stuff? No of course not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have not been playing since day one but I have been playing since year one. I think it would nice of Cryptic to do something but, I wouldn't really care either way. I play for the game and the friends I have made, not for perks.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just thank your lucky stars that none of the content is put behind some kind of 'pay wall' like most MMO's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First I asked no ranting please, Second this is not a supermarket but a business and third I'm with a company for 12 years do they appreciate it yes they do did I get a new cable receiver yes I did did I get a fix on the price I did thank you. Instead of paying 275 for the receiver/ recorder I only paid a 125. Why because I was a loyal customer. So cut off the BS with supermarkets....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    First I asked no ranting please, Second this is not a supermarket but a business and third I'm with a company for 12 years do they appreciate it yes they do did I get a new cable receiver yes I did did I get a fix on the price I did thank you. Instead of paying 275 for the receiver/ recorder I only paid a 125. Why because I was a loyal customer. So cut off the BS with supermarkets....

First off all I'm not ranting (I wrote one sentence, that's not ranting). Second a supermarket is a bussiness, since they sell goods and services in exchange for money (Cryptic just sell goods and services of a different kind). And? Cryptic do give you free stuff, during events anniversaries and give aways. Is that not enough? Is 1000 day vet rewards not enough? Or the fact you can play this game without spending aa penny if you don't want to? I'm not BS i'm trying to understand why you feel that you should have more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014

you said no ranting but your the one ranting no one is joining your hate train.... you should see to that.

your a number I'm a number, that pretty redhead women everyone thinks is a G.I.R.L. is a number. cope like the rest of the grown ups do.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Uh... if you are subscribed for a long time you get Veteran Rewards. Those are the "appreciation gifts" you are looking for. Aside from that the lifteime subscriber since day one is not in any way shape or form different than the F2P guy who registred yesterday. Which is a good thing. If you are subscribing you might get some things earlier (due to your stipend) but in the end we are all the same.

It's the same with people who claim on the forums they spend thousands of dollars (!) for this game and think this would entitle them to anything. It just means they can buy the stuff a little bit earlier than others, it doesn't entitle them to anything. The only thing that lets them stand out is that they could be blamed supporting a dead-end and counterproductive business model, but let's not get there :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Uh... if you are subscribed for a long time you get Veteran Rewards. Those are the "appreciation gifts" you are looking for. Aside from that the lifteime subscriber since day one is not in any way shape or form different than the F2P guy who registred yesterday. Which is a good thing. If you are subscribing you might get some things earlier (due to your stipend) but in the end we are all the same.

Not forgetting the anniversay event give aways etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know that cryptic needs the money and they can't just give away stuff, but those of us devoted to Star Trek Online who were there from day 1 and still playing the game devoted to our chars our ships etc etc...

Are we getting anything extra from PWE or Cryptic a little token of appreciation that we are still here after 4 years, not only the LTS players but also the free players or those putting in the monthly stipment.
    They can easily check out who is there from day one who is still playing or at least log in from time to time.
    So not only a little thank you but something we can use ingame would be nice I know there not many of us left and I know Cryptic is devoted to get new Players and thanks to some off us inviting people over in trying STO they get new players right, so little thanks in giving something ingame would be nice to those who are still playing the game.

Are you a long term player and you feel the same let it know down here.... and please NO ranting !!!

Greets

in a way you have already been given something, you have been given the pleasure of playing all this time and experiencing the changes that the game has gone through to get where it is today, you just cant put a price tag on that and as a player of only 3 years I envy you.
    still I suppose it would not hurt to give you a little something extra for your dedication, *HAY CRYPTIC* are you listening ?, give this player the complimentary title of 'hopelessly devoted'.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in a way you have already been given something, you have been given the pleasure of playing all this time and experiencing the changes that the game has gone through to get where it is today, you just cant put a price tag on that and as a player of only 3 years I envy you.
    still I suppose it would not hurt to give you a little something extra for your dedication, *HAY CRYPTIC* are you listening ?, give this player the complimentary title of 'hopelessly devoted'.
    My suggestion (to be added with Bobby's title proposal), is to add this song as a complementary gift to the OP's Icloud/android music store.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Iv'e been shopping at the same super market for almost a decade. Do I get free stuff? No of course not

Really? I get reward points so I can get free stuff from my local supermarket.........

As for this game, anyone would be an idiot if they said they didn't want extra free stuff..... but do I think we should we should expect it or are entitled to it? Nope.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Really? I get reward points so I can get free stuff from my local supermarket.........

As for this game, anyone would be an idiot if they said they didn't want extra free stuff..... but do I think we should we should expect it or are entitled to it? Nope.

Yes but thay don't just give you free stuff, you have to spend money to get the points etc...

My point was the OP feels he should be entitlled to more, just because he has everything already and everyone else doesn't and going around 'demanding' more depite what he already has isen't the right way to go about things.

if someone gives me free toast I don't ask 'well where's the jam?'

If someone gives me something free I'm very grateful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Long term players have no part in PWE's business plan for the game beyond being background noise for their real target audience: "the new player who comes into the game, buys everything they want and then stops playing in 4 months."

Honestly, you are not on their radar.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Really? I always walk away with a free shopping trolly. They give you one when you enter the store you know. :P

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to leave them in the designated cart stations...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I'll bet they gave you a card to use every time you shop there. They're tracking everything you buy--so the 'stuff' isn't free. You're paying for it with compromised privacy and allowing them to use you to develop marketing strategies.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Got punctuation?

Based on your example, I think you can expect to get some sort of STO perk eight years from now.

As another reply points out, a supermarket is a business. Honestly, if you don't know a supermarket is a business then I don't think you have much of a basis for carrying on a rational conversation about this.

Finally, asking for no ranting and then posting what I quoted above is...contradictory. That, sir, is a rant.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those of us that have been here for a long time --Gold Subscribers and Lifetimers-- already got a bunch of free stuff. A cool ship. An awesome Bridge Officer. Um... a Unicorn Monkey... But plenty of decent stuff. We don't need anymore.

I've gotten gas at RaceTrac for a decade and they give me free two-liter fountain sodas whenever I go there now regardless of whether or not I am making a purchasing at the time. I'm just sayin'... ;)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    Those of us that have been here for a long time --Gold Subscribers and Lifetimers-- already got a bunch of free stuff. A cool ship. An awesome Bridge Officer. Um... a Unicorn Monkey... But plenty of decent stuff. We don't need anymore.

I've gotten gas at RaceTrac for a decade and they give me free two-liter fountain sodas whenever I go there now regardless of whether or not I am making a purchasing at the time. I'm just sayin'... ;)
    I want two Unicorn Monkeys so they can mate and then I can have a whole ship full. :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Greets

an entitlement claim is a rant, i thought you wanted no ranting?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Long term players have no part in PWE's business plan for the game beyond being background noise for their real target audience: "the new player who comes into the game, buys everything they want and then stops playing in 4 months."

Honestly, you are not on their radar.

You've hit the nail squarely on head with this post. And less we forget the veteran rewards only run up to 1000 days.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Greets

Aren't you the guy that was begging for T6 ships? Well here they are genius
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aren't you the guy that was begging for T6 ships? Well here they are genius

So it's his fault!?!

:mad:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014

so wait a super market is not a business? you are silly.

As for the freebies well guess what Here is your Freebie DELTA RISING 18 monthe of new and FREE content coming right up!
  • Options
    gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in communist STO everything will be free to all, it will all be exactly the same and unmodable, low quality, and you will have to stand in line for days to get it but hey it is FREE!
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gorrbagg wrote: »
    in communist STO everything will be free to all, it will all be exactly the same and unmodable, low quality, and you will have to stand in line for days to get it but hey it is FREE!

*best russian voice* In Soviet Union you get One ship..a miranda...you will fly it and like it or it's off to the gulag with you!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,643 Arc User
    edited September 2014

simple fact is that companies rarely if ever give discounts or goodies to long term customers.
    have you ever gotten a loyalty discount because you stayed with brand TRIBBLE internet? sure you might see a loyalty discount from a car dealer but 99% of the time they won't apply it to anything but the MSRP.

yes it would be nice for another veteran reward but they are not obligated to do so. and as said earlier, at least we don'r have to unlock stupid stuff. if this was LOTRO, we would ahve to pay to unlock transwarp or quantum slipstream.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,643 Arc User
    edited September 2014

what he posted was not a rant, it was a logical rebuttal. if you consider posting a point of view other than your own as a rant, then this thread was a fail from the start
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I want two Unicorn Monkeys so they can mate and then I can have a whole ship full. :D

No, no. You want a UnicROn ship. Those are different than UnicORn ships. *nod-nod*