test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (9/11 - 9/15)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains! Starting tomorrow, Thursday September 11th at 10AM PDT, we're pleased to announce the return of the Shuttle Weekend Event! Swarm your enemies with shuttles till Monday September 15th, at 10AM PDT. Earn more rewards, and play new shuttle versions of some fan favorite queues, including No Win Scenario and Fleet Alert.

Check it out here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Heck yeah.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice to see some crafting additions to these mission rewards...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is there any new accolades for the new versions ?
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

hmmmmmmm maybe 2 R&D boxes instead of 1?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice. Had a blast in the last one. Will be playing in this one for sure.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "The Breach" would be amazing with just shuttles. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remember being sceptical about this event last time round. However, I freely admit I was wrong - it turned out to be a blast running this content in tiny vulnerable shuttles without all the bells and whistles of T5 ships and their spammy abilities.

This should be fun
    yjkZSeM.gif
    edited September 2014
    "The Breach" would be amazing with just shuttles. :D

the breach? PPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTT 20 man shuttle hive onslaught FTW
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Woohoo! LOVE the Shuttle Event!
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well got lot of marks in all areas, but for the fun of it. Ill play few missions : P
    edited September 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    Well got lot of marks in all areas, but for the fun of it. Ill play few missions : P

i love this event because im too lazy to farm marks for my alts, this should get most of them enough marks for T5 reps...if not all
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Omg ISE Ftw !
    :p
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • lab27lab27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I loved the Shuttle Weekend Event! :)
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Iiiiiit's back!
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are there any good guides on a solid shuttle gear loadout? Otherwise, I can see me being a total mess in this lol
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    Are there any good guides on a solid shuttle gear loadout? Otherwise, I can see me being a total mess in this lol

Check this reddit out. ==> Reddit
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

Speaking of which, I would love to see some Shuttle beams/cannons added as craftable items. The only non-white-quality Shuttle weapons we currently have are the blue Phaser/Disruptor/Plasma ones from The Vault, and those are Mark Eleven. We have a relative lack of high-quality Shuttle-specific gear.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's no secret I'm not a fan of shuttle content, but in this case the Shuttle Weekend Event is actually really fun.

I'll have to blow the dust off of mine.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, it's nice to have a chance to shoot at large ships with our shuttles now and then.
    carlosbfly wrote: »

First of all, don't run the freebie shuttle (Type 8 / Kivra / Tiercel). The Runabout (Danube / Toron / Kestral) is much better and can be purchased from the shipyard for only thirty-odd thousand energy credits. You will have an Ensign rank Bridge Officer station and an inherent ship ability, as well as 20% more shield and hull strength as compared to the freebie shuttle. If you already own a Lobi or C-store shuttle, then using that will be even better, as these will have even higher shields/hull, a special piece of gear, and/or a second Bridge Officer station.

Now, for just about all gear except for weapons, you can load the shuttle up as you would a Tier 1 starship--it gets the set bonuses and powers from equipping starship gear sets, and there are currently no multi-piece shuttle gear sets. You may want to make an exception if you are using a Shuttle that has a special piece of gear that comes with it--e.g. the Yellowstone's Tetryon Engine (free Warp Plasma-like ability), or the Aeon's Subatomic Deflector (free Disruptor Lance ability).

This brings us to the weapons. Shuttle beam arrays have the special attribute that they are omni-directional, but are not limited to one-per-ship (i.e. you can mount two of them). Depending on your situation, you might benefit the most as follows:

If you are flying a Peregrine or To'Duj fighter, then your craft has an inherent Cannon Rapid Fire I ability. Your optimum weapon will be any high-quality, high-mark Dual Heavy Cannon, especially either the blue Shuttle Dual Cannon from the FE mission "The Vault", or else the craftable Wide Angle Dual Heavy Cannon.

If you are flying anything else, then you want Shuttle Beam Arrays as your energy weapon. These are omni-directional, and you can get blue quality ones from the FE mission "The Vault". Alternatively, an omni-directional Mk XII Beam Array (the craftable ones or the Anti-proton one from "Sphere of Influence) will be ideal.

For your second weapon, you can either mount a torpedo--preferably a "special" one (e.g. Harg'peng, Gravimetric, Romulan Hyper-Plasma, Omega, etc.), or else a second Dual Heavy Cannon or Shuttle Beam Array. You will gain very little DPS by mounting a Turret as your second weapon unless it is the Undine Reputation Heavy Turret.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    It's no secret I'm not a fan of shuttle content, but in this case the Shuttle Weekend Event is actually really fun.

Yes, the special weekend is the only time i use a shuttle.

Last time we did KDF NWS (completed it) but we kept dieing on wave 10 FED, this time we got accetons & i guess spock and kirk_protege's will beat it this time around.

2 dual beam banks, faw1
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yeah, and the lack of a timer lockout made it so much fun to jet about in my small craft. There's something to be said for the ability to just dive on in... and rewards that actually make the small craft queues pop. This is one of my favorite "Weekend" specials. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Awesome, I finally have an excuse to bite the bullet and see if my Widow build is awesome or TRIBBLE.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Had a blast at the last shuttle event, took a Danube out the last time as that's all I had. Now that I have a LTS I'm anxious to see how the veteran shuttles handle in the event.

Great way to get some marks for my non T5 rep toons!

I'll see you all in our exploding shuttles the next few days... :D
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just one question, been awhile sense I "Shuttled". Does 'Atmosphere Assault' still have that REALLY low "roof" that your Shuttle gets "stuck" on. Sucker is like glue.

-V
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Last time cross-faction Shuttle-NWS didn't work, I wonder if that has been fixed...

Just like Bone, I was in that KDF-group that has beaten Shuttle-NWS. If we don't get through because of the new toys, maybe some help from the dark side might help :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, and the lack of a timer lockout made it so much fun to jet about in my small craft. There's something to be said for the ability to just dive on in... and rewards that actually make the small craft queues pop. This is one of my favorite "Weekend" specials. :D

Yeah, it was too much fun so they fixed that. The shuttle queues are on a 30 minutes cooldown now.
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok I was happy bout the shuttle event...til they put in the timers....well this might be another weekend i skip

way to ruin the fun Cryptic
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I almost decided to log in again because the last shuttle event was pretty fun. Then I read this thread and learned of the timers being added. I'm just going to skip it. This game has too much waiting as it is.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Yeah, it was too much fun so they fixed that. The shuttle queues are on a 30 minutes cooldown now.

Oh... TRIBBLE. :(
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So they added a 30 minute cooldown on the event, big deal! If you have more than one character that needs marks, after you do one run, hop on to another character and do it again until the 30 minute cooldown on first character is over!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png