test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: September - Submit Yours Now!

Comments

• Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I have the same problem. So what I would do is stage the shot, go into your graphics settings through the options menu, turn all of the graphics to high and set your resolution to 1680x1050 (your framerate may drop, but this won't affect your shots), take a few screenshots simply using the print screen button, and then reset your graphics to how you had them before.

Then you can use photoshop (or another good image editing software) to enlarge the picture slightly to 1920x1200.

I... should have thought of that already. My pc is far more than is necessary to run STO; I already play with the settings maxed. And I already have a large number of screenshots saved that I've used as desktop wallpapers for ages. Thank you for the suggestion, will see how some of them look with the size tweaked.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Upscaling from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 should be a very marginal loss in quality. It's only 10%. Just so long as you're not using MS Paint to do it. ;) You can check out my screenshot in this thread (or in last months) to see how it looks.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And here's my entry:

5QCi4

The full image is at:

http://x.co/5QCKm
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I guess I'll give this a shot (no pun intended). The I.K.V. Zelbinion.

September_Screenshot_2_th.jpg

In case you're wondering, the logo says "Star Trek Online".

Click on the picture for the full-sized version.
    lljAN7v.png
  • Options
    bertiatusbertiatus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    pmadi32382pmadi32382 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    I wish I could participate in these contests, but no matter what I try, if I alter the rendering scale at all, the screenshots come out completely black. I've tried both methods outlined above. I've tried pasting the saved shot directly onto an open photoshop doc. I've tried changing the render scale to 1.2 instead of 2, on the off-chance it's a weird memory thing. Nothing works, and my screen is "only" 1920x1080.

Suggestions that don't involve trying one of the above again would be great.

I have the same problem. So what I would do is stage the shot, go into your graphics settings through the options menu, turn all of the graphics to high and set your resolution to 1680x1050 (your framerate may drop, but this won't affect your shots), take a few screenshots simply using the print screen button, and then reset your graphics to how you had them before.

Then you can use photoshop (or another good image editing software) to enlarge the picture slightly to 1920x1200.
    I... should have thought of that already. My pc is far more than is necessary to run STO; I already play with the settings maxed. And I already have a large number of screenshots saved that I've used as desktop wallpapers for ages. Thank you for the suggestion, will see how some of them look with the size tweaked.
    Upscaling from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 should be a very marginal loss in quality. It's only 10%. Just so long as you're not using MS Paint to do it. ;) You can check out my screenshot in this thread (or in last months) to see how it looks.

Or rather than use the /screenshot command try /screenshot_jpg this should work for the larger res screens without problems.

I use /renderscale 2 and alter the FOV if necessary and usually turn cinematic camera off. I edit with Gimp.

Here is a very helpful reddit post on how to get better screenshots => Reddit
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mcakomx wrote: »
    tWllz0ul.jpg

Really nice one
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Or rather than use the /screenshot command try /screenshot_jpg this should work for the larger res screens without problems.

I use /renderscale 2 and alter the FOV if necessary and usually turn cinematic camera off. I edit with Gimp.

I have my print screen key set to execute /screenshot_jpg. Still never matters; if I alter the rendering scale at all, it comes out black. It's the image scaling that's somehow causing the issue, not the method of capturing the image. I've used Photoshop for years, so no need for other editing software.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have my print screen key set to execute /screenshot_jpg. Still never matters; if I alter the rendering scale at all, it comes out black. It's the image scaling that's somehow causing the issue, not the method of capturing the image. I've used Photoshop for years, so no need for other editing software.

Disable Anti-aliasing or use DX9 to take your screenshot
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mcakomx wrote: »
    tWllz0ul.jpg

Most impressive.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014

If you increase the renderscale, you have to turn off AA.
  • Options
    shaw4711shaw4711 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Klingon negotiation:

iE4r2TJ.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And here's my entry:

5QCi4

The full image is at:

http://x.co/5QCKm

What are your graphics settings!?!? I wish mine on max everything looked like that.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2014
    24v2qn9.jpg
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    placidaplacida Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    my_kingdom_for_a_ship____by_drowrulesupreme-d7ybz4n.jpg
    http://drowrulesupreme.deviantart.com/#/art/My-Kingdom-for-a-ship-480928919?hf=1

I had to use my husband's deviant art account to get it to upload as I have no idea how to do it otherwise :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-07-23-04-37_zps1df163e4.jpg

/\
  • Options
    fortmaster3fortmaster3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5Ty8DkBHoio/VAzaJwr4dPI/AAAAAAAAAC0/JFlsDctGHMQ/w1406-h879-no/STO%2Bscreenshot_1.jpg

A lot of Photoshop work went into this, I hope that that is ok.

I couldnt figure out how to get the picture to be visual, so here is the link!

Its a Klingon Raiding Party Attacking Starbase 39/Sierra
  • Options
    pisti27pisti27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kdf.jpg
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New songs will echo through its corridors as the sister ship to the Bortasqu' departs Qo'noS.

KDFGlory.jpg

Link to full-size screenshot

PS. I would normally use Imgur but they compressed the jpg I uploaded even further. A Google of free image host sites took me to PostImg.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    konamzki wrote: »
    24v2qn9.jpg

You might wanna turn the glare down on that. It really makes it hard to look at.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Eh.. changed my mind about this one. It looked a lot better before I uploaded it. :(
  • Options
    drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    September 2014 - Star Trek: Online Contest

Entry:
    7Ic77Wy.jpg
    (Click picture for link to image)
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • Options
    g0vawkg0vawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    uvrkfHb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uvrkfHb.jpg

Ehhh... Was listening to Dylan Moran while making this, strikes up a certain mood.
    sig.
    It's not what is done or said but why.
    Words and actions may be judged, but motives?

Motives are truth to a believer
  • Options
    natty2187natty2187 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    s293l7brcoio72bfg.jpg
  • Options
    gilladpealleaongilladpealleaon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-06-12-49-40_zpsecff7c5d.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.