test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: September - Submit Yours Now!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Starting September 5th, 2014, we begin our next Screenshot Contest for the month of September! This thread will remain open until the contest entry phase closes on September 30th.

This month there will be one theme that will reward a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner! Each user may submit ONE ENTRY. Users who post multiple entries need to define which image is for the entry and which are simply to show off to other users.

September's Theme: The Honor of the Empire!

Submit your best screenshots of your Klingon Defense Forces in all their glory. Whether that be in space or on the ground, we want to see what the glory of the Empire can show us. Are you a skilled marauder? A cunning warrior? Perhaps you represent the newest generations of Klingons who strive to find their place amongst the warriors of Qo'nos, but who crave more from life then never ending conflict? Let's see how creative you can all get this month as you show us what kind of story you can tell us with one image! Lets work to bring some love to the KDF and show off how amazing your branch of the empire shines! All races serving the empire are welcome, as are the brave members of the Romulan Republic and the Federation who join forces with honorable warriors to create epic screenshots.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Make sure your pictures are created using the method described below as I need the images to be a certain size in order to make good quality wallpapers for the winner. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SIZE 1920x1200 OR LARGER.

Prizes!

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

These screenshots can be your chance to showcase your skills as a designer with custom UI placement, special effects, photography style filters or anything you can produce to wow the team.

All entries should be placed in this thread. Any posts not containing an entry, or not staying within these rules will be removed at the end of the contest to leave only the individual entries.

Basic Rules:
  • All Entries must be 1920x1200 minimum size. This is to maintain the Pixel Aspect Ratio need for our staff to convert these into the 4 wallpaper sizes we upload to the Arc Media Gallery. We can make a special custom size for our winners if your screen resolution is a different size, but this will only be done by the request of the user who submits their image.
  • Images not meeting the minimum size will not qualify for the grand prize wallpaper as we cannot convert your entry if the Pixel Aspect Ratio is not compatible.
  • One entry per month per forum user. If your image doesn't win, you are welcome to resubmit it the following month as your one entry.
  • All entry images must be submitted in JPEG form. Layered PSDs will be excepted if you win the 1st prize place so that we can create the accompanying wallpaper properly. If you wish to create a custom border or UI interface, etc., you will have to bake it into the image when saving it as JPEG, but save the PSD for us later if needed.
  • All submitted images must be made of only material from Star Trek Online.
    • No images containing visual material from the TV/Movies, outside artwork or any licensed material from any other source will be excepted.
    • No custom 3D models or textures can be used in this contest. The image must contain in-game material.
  • Keep it classy Star Trek fans.

Instructions on How To Create A Screenshot & Insert It Here:

• All images must measure 1920x1200 for submission or larger.
  • Images should be of high resolution quality. Recommended method:
    • Type "/renderscale 2" into your chat window before taking your image
    • Type "/screenshot" to take image
    • This will create a large TGA file in the directory listed below that can be converted via Photoshop to 1920x1200.
    • If you wish to utilize another method like "Print Screen" you will want to turn off your HUD visuals by hitting Shift +F12
    • (you will find your images in C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots on most PC computers)

Good luck to everyone who enters!

NOTE:The above rules and conditions are subject to change.

~CaptainSmirk

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b48975e1-378a-4b1a-b675-985c6f301d73_zps0db9a2e3.jpg

A lone Ferasan warrior fights for her honor and life against the guardian of Gre'thor himself, Fek'lhr.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iXudOxR.jpg

Glory or death!

Link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Conversation-with-Worf-480233993?q=gallery%3AOtisnoble&qo=2

Conversation with Worf

It's not showing.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's not showing.

Oops guess I'm not as much of a Geek as I thought.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    40ac21bf5ffac457df97900e0a671dbd-d7y3kxq.jpg

If that doesn't work, here is the link for the full-sized image.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    nightsistersnightsisters Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ~ ASSIMILATE THIS! ~

AVv6S6Il.jpg

Original Size
  • Options
    nenokomnenokom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-06-10-40-57.jpg
  • Options
    nenokomnenokom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2ce261ed-ddd7-4f2a-bd3e-e054a9b5f901.jpg
  • Options
    ianjohn84ianjohn84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is not an entry, just a Klink related ss that makes me chuckle.

Vc7hWAC.jpg

Real entry will be far more Klinky...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A Feddy at First City! You discovered how to perform that glitch! :eek:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    zhyestzhyest Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    This is not an entry, just a Klink related ss that makes me chuckle.

Vc7hWAC.jpg

Real entry will be far more Klinky...

Tbh this would be a perfect entry as it is :D
  • Options
    pluto82pluto82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hi,

a Bop fighting

e4bx7Mb.jpg

trikky to get a screen with fireing dual heavys ;)
  • Options
    tgriff85tgriff85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    how do I post a screenshot on here?
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    how do we petition for proper 16x9 resolution support on these wallpapers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tgriff85 wrote: »
    how do I post a screenshot on here?

Look for the icon with a little mountain on it near the top right of the wordpad when you are posting.

Insert your picture URL.
  • Options
    astar32astar32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    A Feddy at First City! You discovered how to perform that glitch! :eek:

lol, not a glitch, scene from a mission can't remember which though, something with Feds/Klinks and Rommies all ended up in a party.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    george021898george021898 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    lol, not a glitch, scene from a mission can't remember which though, something with Feds/Klinks and Rommies all ended up in a party.

Yeah, it it part of the ending scene to the Surface Tension Mission. The Feds, Klinks, and Roms all throw a party after they saved Qo'nos.
  • Options
    metriometrio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    8RHyrsa.jpg
  • Options
    galacticimperiumgalacticimperium Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    EJC2up.png

Here's a nice one of the U.S.S.Vanguard i took last week.

Sovereign Class (Refitted)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    EJC2up.png

Here's a nice one of the U.S.S.Vanguard i took last week.

Sovereign Class (Refitted)

They are wanting screenshots with the KDF.
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-07-00-58-00_zps9f08ee67.jpg
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the Court of the Crimson Klingon
    cipnYj.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img673/5899/cipnYj.jpg
  • Options
    davenger81davenger81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    3SYZwmx.jpg
    Why was I not invited too this party?

Ok, here's my serious entry
    RATDL22.jpg
    You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have experienced it in it's original Klingon

http://i.imgur.com/RATDL22.jpg
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Instructions on How To Create A Screenshot & Insert It Here:

• All images must measure 1920x1200 for submission or larger.
    • Images should be of high resolution quality. Recommended method:
      • Type "/renderscale 2" into your chat window before taking your image
      • Type "/screenshot" to take image
      • This will create a large TGA file in the directory listed below that can be converted via Photoshop to 1920x1200.
      • If you wish to utilize another method like "Print Screen" you will want to turn off your HUD visuals by hitting Shift +F12
      • (you will find your images in C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots on most PC computers)

I wish I could participate in these contests, but no matter what I try, if I alter the rendering scale at all, the screenshots come out completely black. I've tried both methods outlined above. I've tried pasting the saved shot directly onto an open photoshop doc. I've tried changing the render scale to 1.2 instead of 2, on the off-chance it's a weird memory thing. Nothing works, and my screen is "only" 1920x1080.

Suggestions that don't involve trying one of the above again would be great.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    I wish I could participate in these contests, but no matter what I try, if I alter the rendering scale at all, the screenshots come out completely black. I've tried both methods outlined above. I've tried pasting the saved shot directly onto an open photoshop doc. I've tried changing the render scale to 1.2 instead of 2, on the off-chance it's a weird memory thing. Nothing works, and my screen is "only" 1920x1080.

Suggestions that don't involve trying one of the above again would be great.

I have the same problem. So what I would do is stage the shot, go into your graphics settings through the options menu, turn all of the graphics to high and set your resolution to 1680x1050 (your framerate may drop, but this won't affect your shots), take a few screenshots simply using the print screen button, and then reset your graphics to how you had them before.

Then you can use photoshop (or another good image editing software) to enlarge the picture slightly to 1920x1200.
This discussion has been closed.