test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon can't claim free ship :o

issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My klingon is so far only lvl 27. Why couldn't I claim the free ship for later use :(
Post edited by issueman1 on

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    issueman1 wrote: »
    My klingon is so far only lvl 27. Why couldn't I claim the free ship for later use :(

Just how the system works...you can't claim a ship in most cases unless you can actually fly it in the there and now.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Kinda stinks for the new guys who wont be able to get these ships but dont worry they will have another giveaway again real soon(tm)
  • Options
    issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I'm not new, just haven't had interest in Klingon much.
  • Options
    dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They could have done what this did for the event in 2012 for the ody give you a box that has the ship for later.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • Options
    tasheltashel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so what level is the KDF supposed to be to claim this ship
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    issueman1 wrote: »

You could always do a powerleveling binge and get your char to level 40. Play the next thirteen storyline missions and and call me in the morning.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tasheltashel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    You could always do a powerleveling binge and get your char to level 40. Play the next thirteen storyline missions and and call me in the morning.

*sobbing* :(
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tashel wrote: »
    so what level is the KDF supposed to be to claim this ship

You need to be level 40. The ship will no longer be free at 10 A.M. PDT, or 1 P.M. EST.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    pamelatorpamelator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey. I`m new hire, my Klingon is lvl 18. Is it possible to lvl to 40 in 12 hours ? I love the game but i`m very disappointed as I was waiting 4 days for this ship :(. Best mmo I have play in years.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pamelator wrote: »
    Hey. I`m new hire, my Klingon is lvl 18. Is it possible to lvl to 40 in 12 hours ? I love the game but i`m very disappointed as I was waiting 4 days for this ship :(. Best mmo I have play in years.

if you grind like hell for 12 hours... I think so. someone else can tell you the best way, for now do story missions, I got 50 about ds9 storylines.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love how there is absolutely NO mention of a level requirement to claim these ships. Once again Cryptic runs a giveaway and manages to fark it up. Thanks for nothing. Literally.

We know the capability to give out ships in boxes exists. Why wasn't it done for these so they could be claimed by ANY character as advertised?
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No. Its not possible. But this is how these events works, almost for the past 2 years.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No. Its not possible.
    The math in my head says it is possible. Especially since, as of this posting, they still have about 16 hours. Am I missing something, or is this some elitist "If you have to ask, you can't do it" BS?

Since you didn't state why not, I tend to suspect the latter, less helpful reason behind the answer.

ETA: Oh. It's you. The latter, then.

Also, shouldn't this thread's title be "Low Level Character Can't Claim Free Ship"?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You either have 12hrs or 364 days, take your pick! :D
  • Options
    lionheart0222lionheart0222 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey I'm level 50 Romulan who allied with the Klingons. I bought a Nausican Ship that was Klingon. So why can't I claim this free ship that is for Klingon Please fix this so I could play it :mad:
  • Options
    lionheart0222lionheart0222 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    :DSorry I wasn't mad I was just sad I wasn't really angry just anxious because the event is almost over....

Please allow allies to have it too
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey I'm level 50 Romulan who allied with the Klingons. I bought a Nausican Ship that was Klingon. So why can't I claim this free ship that is for Klingon Please fix this so I could play it :mad:

Because Romulans can't use T5 allied ships. Though it seems as though the Ambassador is an exception to this rule.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited September 2014

GO, RUN NOW. NOW. LESS TYPING. MORE QUESTING. The time it took you to read these you could have blown up a ship! :eek:
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I remember correctly, the restrictions are in place because people would buy a ship that was above their rank level then get mad when they couldn't use it. They would argue that they paid real money for it so the should be able to. This was back when it felt like it took forever to level up. They added the restrictions and made levelling too easy.

Some one please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's clearly posted in the C-Store under the description of the ship what rank you have to be to claim a ship when you go to claim one. Always has been. It's been that way for 4 1/2 years. YOU have been a GOLD member long enough to have learned that little tidbit of information.

While I personally think these C-Store restrictions are colossally stupid, It's not Cryptic's fault when a person chooses not to pay attention to that important detail and now get burned by his or her willful ignorance. It takes 1 day to get to level a character from 1-40, 2 days if you are casual about it. We had 4 days to get our characters ready.

Actually no. The blog makes no mention at all about a level requirement. It simply states "Log into the game on a Klingon character". It does NOT say "Log into the game on a Klingon character at least level 40" So that was an important detail that Cryptic left out of their blog for 5 days. Furthermore, it is very common for promotional ships to be given out in boxes so that they can be claimed at any level (and then opened once you reach the required level). This could have been done here, but wasn't. The Ambassador wasn't even in the C-Store until roughly 10:20 PT. How is one supposed to read the description in advance when it's not even in the store?
  • Options
    spudviciousspudvicious Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No one has any excuse for not knowing what ranks/tiers/levels mean or that they don't know that they can't claim ships that are a higher tier than their character is.

I disagree with part of that statement. While I am certain that nearly everybody understands level requirements for USING a ship, due to the various ways ships are distributed, not everyone (especially new folks) is clear on requirements for claiming a ship they can't use yet (such as ships distributed in boxes).

And even for those who do understand how the system works, is that necessarily the right way to do things in the first place? Regardless of how one feels about the fairness of the system, there is no question that excluding some people from the promotion (especially without completely explicit prior warning) will foster resentment in many of those who miss out, as evidenced by some of the complaints and laments that have popped up today.

I don't think it would hurt the company much to open that up to people who aren't of level to claim it. just put a warning in to remind people that they can't use the ship until they get to the required level/rank. might even encourage new players to stick around longer in order to use the ships they claim. considering how new players are often the hardest ones to keep around in many MMOs, it could even be a long-term win for Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    finndalifinndali Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No. Its not possible. But this is how these events works, almost for the past 2 years.

Sure it is, just did 25 to 40 in about 8 hours. Who needs more than two hours of sleep anyway...

Btw, whats all that rage about the Ambassador? The ship is basically the same as the two free lvl 40 cruiser choices, while the Varanus is a 2k Zen ship without a free equal?
    And the Varanus can also be upgraded, the Ambassador, not.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
  • Options
    draigondraigon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While it does suck if you missed out, they did say in the announcement that it would be available to "eligible" captains. Those that have been around for a year or more really have no room to complain as the giveaways last year followed the same rules. I remember plowing through missions on my Gorn to get him last year's T5.

If it makes you feel any better, The Gorn ship they gave away this year looks cool, but is pretty terrible.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately; You guys are S.O.L :cool:

However; there is good news, next year around this time, they will renewed the END of Summer giveaway with different uniform prizes and ships prizes. Start leveling your KDF toons now for next year, or otherwise;

You be S.O.L again :cool:
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It happens. I missed out on last year's giveaway for the KDF (the Corsair flight deck cruiser, IIRC) for precisely this reason - no KDF toons high enough level to claim it.

Never mind. There will be other giveaways. And, of course, it is possible to get just about anything in the game if you're prepared to grind away for it. (I just recently got myself the Odyssey 3-pack, entirely with Zen I bought for dilithium off the Exchange. And in two months they will be obsolete. Never mind.)

(And no, I am not going to blame Cryptic, either, for failing to repeat their clearly stated level-for-item requirements loudly or often enough. There are things I will happily blame them for, but this is not one of them.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    pamelatorpamelator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

After 18 hours im lvl 39 - almost 40, I was 20 minutes late. But now I hate my self, this game and Cryptic :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes it does. The blog clearly states the ships are Tier 5.

Tier 5 is level 40. Everyone knows what Tiers/Ranks and Levels mean.

• Tier 1 - Level 1-9 - Cadet, Warrior, Citizen and Lieutenant
    • Tier 2 - Level 10-19 - Lieutenant Commander and Centurion
    • Tier 3 - Level 20-29 - Commander and Subcommander
    • Tier 4 - Level 30-39 - Captain and Commander
    • Tier 5 - Level 40-49 - Rear Admiral Lower Half, Brigadier General, and Subadmiral I, Rear Admiral Upper Half, Major General, and Subadmiral II
    • Tier 5 - Level 50 - Vice Admiral and Lieutenant General

Anyone who has actually created a character and played the game knows that we can't claim ships that are rated at a higher rank/tier than our characters current rank/tier. The Shipyards clearly points out when we can't buy ships due to insufficient rank/level by greying out the purchase button and providing a

Rank Required: Brigadier General

when it's a regular ship.

And when you click on the grayed out "Buy Ship" button for C-Store ships at the Shipyard it opens a pop-up window with the ships description and the first line clearly states

Your Character Cannot Use This Item.

When your character isn't high enough level to claim a ship.

Furthermore the C-Store highlights the ships you are high enough level to purchase and darkens the items you aren't eligible to purchase the ship, as well as posting in the first line of the item description "Your Character Cannot Use This Item." when your character isn't a high enough rank to make a purchase or if the ship is faction restricted.

No one has any excuse for not knowing what ranks/tiers/levels mean or that they don't know that they can't claim ships that are a higher tier than their character is.

You mean like the Risian, Dyson, Steamrunner, and a boatload of Romulan ships that my low level characters have in boxes they can't use until they get to level 40? Hmm, golly, imagine that.

And it's pretty arrogant to assume that everyone who plays the game understands level requirements and how it affects which ships you can and cannot buy in the C-Store (especially if you've never actually bought a ship from the C-Store, which I imagine would be quite a large percentage of players in a F2P game). Which is why it should have been explicitly stated in the blog that there was a level requirement. Either that, or use a method of distribution that results in a box so that any level can claim it.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. Don't tell people you're giving away something free to everyone for 5 days and then gate it with a heretofore-unmentioned level requirement. I'm sorry you don't understand this is poor form, but your lack of comprehension of the fundamental issue is not my problem.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After 18 hours im lvl 39 - almost 40, I was 20 minutes late. But now I hate my self, this game and Cryptic :)

look at the bright side... your alot closer to 50 now :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    lordvincentleelordvincentlee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I remade my character before this so called give away,and could not get the ship,it isn't,wasn't,and will never be fair not just to me,but to all of the new players who didn't reach the level(40)in time to receive this ship or ships,and should have been made available to all so when we did reach level 40 we could use it,I am very familiar with how the game works but in this case the gifts should have been made available for all.It is clear that they did not intend for everyone to get these gifts.I even thought about quitting.STO your not fair.