test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Common Crash [Post Here]

sparkiesoftsparkiesoft Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 47
If you have been experiencing crashes lately since the Arc update last night 8/5, please post here. We're trying to figure out a commonality, so please post your specs (video card, windows version, etc), tracing route, and anything you may have changed since/prior to the update.

Edit: Also, please post what region you are playing from if you experience these crashes. IE, US, EU, etc.

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It updated, then i had to restart arc, after that it installed again and was running fine.

I run win 8.1 with dual core, 8 gig ram and on board hd graphics card laptop samsung.

I have experienced lots of lag the last few weeks, but i think that is due to the network on my side and not arc.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi! I have been server crashes alot since A new Accord started. Sometimes i'm on for 5 to 10min then i get "server not responding". Then i get taking out of the game. I sign back in and sometimes it gets me back on. then another 5 or ten min same thing. And alot of rubberband. I have Compaq CQ60 laptop with a 2.00 gh but no 3d card. Thats about all i know Im from U.S.A..
  • Options
    uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since the latest Arc update after a few min of playing every few min I will get "server not responding" that will happen several times then I get a disconnect. Upon reconnect it happens sonner and sooner until I can't connect for a while then after a couple of hours I get on and start the process all over again. Only happens with arc all my other online games are fine so it isn't on my end.
  • Options
    chrisroarkchrisroark Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Crashing lots today, 5xs, 1 hour, no changes to to 'puter, in Canada.
  • Options
    grob5grob5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have been having some really annoying issues with the game. The issue is in Safe Mode and Normal Mode. Other settings are turned off that are not needed.

Firstly: When I start the game, whether with or without ARC, the process after username/password is accepted takes about 4 minutes to load to the next screen (Legacy of Romulus - LOR). Use to take like 15sec.

Secondly: LOR takes an additional 3-4 minutes to load, and then eventually loads into the STO game Character screen.

Thirdly: This is where it gets fun, this takes about 2 minutes to load and only loads the Character names. After the 2 or so minutes have passed, the Crew arrives followed by the ship a few moments later.

Once you click the character you want to play it takes another minute or so to load, but then it TimeOut_2 and boots me back to the STO login screen.

Fourthly: I login again and just keep repeating the steps over and over from Thirdly.

I have the latest patch.

My computer is not slow and I have dual fan Cooler Master stand.

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/p50/pspmha-01d00l

Please can you resolve what the problem is. I am a lifetime member and this problem is causing me considerable issues.
  • Options
    grob5grob5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a problem, again with the game.

I have
    Uninstalled twice, followed by reboots. Still the LAUNCHER stays stuck with the status saying "Attempting to connect to controller tracker.."

I have attached a screen shot for you to see.

I have not been able to Play the game and last week I had issues actually playing.
  • Options
    pax2paxpax2pax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have 2 problems to report. These problems started after the patch on 8-14. These problems are still occurring, even after the patch today on 8-21.

1) Server not responding, resulting in disconnect.
    -Disconnect is seemingly random, occurring in both STFs, PVP, moving through sector, and sector map change. Disconnects even occurring while standing still in ESD.

2) Server lag resulting in character (both ground and space) jumping backwards.

System
    Alienware Intel® Core(TM)i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    64-bit
    Windows 7 Home
    GeForce GT 630
    Region US

Additional Info
    - Additional people in fleet have reported experiencing the same problems, EU and US.
    - Setting graphics to the lowest level has had no effect, and no improvement.
    - Performance prior to 8-14 was smooth and problem free.
    - Playing other games like Guild Wars 2, at highest graphic settings, is without lag or problems of any kind.

Side note
    The lag problem, which causes the character to jump or be pulled backwards, is a problem that has rendered the game almost unplayable. I still login to start crafting and doff projects. This portion of the game is unaffected since it doesn’t require movement. STFs are doable, but extremely aggravating. PVP makes up about half the time that I spend in game, and is currently unplayable.

I’ve played STO for over 3 years. I hope the problems will be fixed so that I can continue playing. I can work through the aggravation for awhile. However I can’t envision myself playing if the problems are still occurring after the upcoming expansion, and most importantly buying ZEN.

And the last attention grabber would be, that I wont be buy any more ZEN, as long as these problems are still occurring.
  • Options
    paladunpaladun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can`t even log into sto it goes into a time out right after the log in at the cryptic splash screen , been that way for 2 days now
    USA server I5 quad core gtx750 nvida 8 gigs ram win 8.1 x64
  • Options
    epimetheus415epimetheus415 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have been disco'd near constantly. In some missions more than 5 times. I seem to have more trouble on some maps than others. The Alpha Centauri block is the WORST. I cringe when ever I have to go to or through that area. Guaranteed to disco at least once just traveling through. A lot less trouble in Sirus, but not good on Omega Leonis. The discos affect either of my two accounts equally. Also, last night the US proxy seemed to officially break - that's what the error message said when it failed to load the characters 5 times. When it shifted to the other proxy - it said it was doing so - I didn't crash at all for the next 3 hours. Hmmm.
  • Options
    pfirbypfirby Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ARC patched the game today after the Constellation announcement and now the game won't load at all. I get the ARC library/news window and the Cryptic login/update window but then crashes while game boot-up when CRYPTIC logo on the screen. Each time it comes up with a FATAL ERROR on run time due to taking to long to contact the server.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, i3-380M 2.54 GHz, Intel HD graphics, 6 GB DDR3 ram, Canada
  • Options
    jbholmanjbholman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pfirby wrote: »
    ARC patched the game today after the Constellation announcement and now the game won't load at all. I get the ARC library/news window and the Cryptic login/update window but then crashes while game boot-up when CRYPTIC logo on the screen. Each time it comes up with a FATAL ERROR on run time due to taking to long to contact the server.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, i3-380M 2.54 GHz, Intel HD graphics, 6 GB DDR3 ram, Canada

Having the same issue this morning, Cryptic screen and then it just stops responding. Can't even submit a report because that goes away to quickly.
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you have been experiencing crashes lately since the Arc update last night 8/5, please post here. We're trying to figure out a commonality, so please post your specs (video card, windows version, etc), tracing route, and anything you may have changed since/prior to the update.

Edit: Also, please post what region you are playing from if you experience these crashes. IE, US, EU, etc.

Thank you.

Same issue here tonight 8-29-2014 Server not responding then dissconect. Is happening more and more! LOL... And they want us to spend more money.... LOL....... LOL.. oh yes I am going to spend more on a VERY broke game! Invisable weapons... and now random crashes and log offs....... NOT HAPPENING! Even with Delta Rising.. It will be broke too. You know it will! And it wiill more than llikely break stuff more.

I7
    32 Gig ram
    AMD Sapphire TriX R9 290X 4 gig onboard.
    100 Mbps cable modem Cat 7 cabling.
  • Options
    cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

I am not having issues however I am using my old Cryptic account and having to login with my email name not my user name.

You all might try using email names; also I have new PWE accounts I can login with my usernames no problems; yet I havnt tried I may later tonite.

Cmdr Hawkeyez
  • Options
    glordukeglorduke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still unable to log in. I cannot get past the logging in, please wait window. :mad: I use Windows 7 dual core processor.
  • Options
    miamunamiamuna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Been dropping out randomly since the update run a Dell Optiplex 980 with 8 gig of ram and a GT50 Video Card. ADSL2 connection I can not even log in now.
  • Options
    jamesburtchelljamesburtchell Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i can't even get on. this is my first time trying to get on for about six or so months.. had to cancel my sub because of money.. i just reactivated today.. i am now starting to regret it. more then likely.. i will cancel again and not come back.
    The Emperor isn't please with Cryptic apparent lack of progress for the Empire. Lord Vader is on his way
  • Options
    arbuz1arbuz1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here Server not responding then dissconect and Invisible weapons and shield arcs

Laptop DELL Inspirion 17-5737
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    i5-4200U CPU 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz
    8GB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 8870M 2 GB
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    updated it to run the new stf it would run about 10 seconds loading screen then crash
    :mad:
  • Options
    fabiofcfabiofc Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ctds, lags, freezes... :(
  • Options
    eightseven87eightseven87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    since last night? lol it has been crashing for quite some time now
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dont know but tonight i had many server not responding
  • Options
    gullshadowgullshadow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Server must still be down.
    U.S.S. Avenger (Battle Cruiser)
    NCC 97500

Fleet Admiral Theron VonShadow Commanding
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dont know but tonight i had many server not responding

Has nothing to do with the topic. This is about crashes with the patch last month which arc has been patched since then multiple times as such any lag now a days most likely has nothing to do with this sticky.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    archerfanaticarcherfanatic Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dear STO,

You are once again an unplayable POS. I thought we could work through the repetitive, unoriginal, and poorly designed gameplay mechanics of the Voth and Undine; you know, the solar flares, palladin bubbles and constant space-jelly spam, and we did okay for a while there but now you are back to being a completely unresponsive jerk. You never do what I ask or even respond to my input on things. All you ever grumble when you do speak is, "server not responding" and I'm sick of it STO. I can't take it anymore. So I'm leaving you, and I'm taking the dog too because he doesn't like you either.

P.S. I've been seeing other FTPs for a while now and they are all bigger and better than you.
  • Options
    shadowyfeanshadowyfean Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fabiofc wrote: »
    ctds, lags, freezes... :(

Same things has happened to me for the past 2 days. Will be in the middle of a mission and get the "server not responding" then I will DC. Then I try to login again and it freezes at the login screen or takes forever to completely load.
  • Options
    shadowviper1974shadowviper1974 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep logging in get maybe 5 to 10 minutes of game play and then the server stops responding and I get kicked out of the game. Then I have to reload Arc and try and I might get let back in or the server just goes wonky again. I am running Win 7 Ultimate, an AMD Phenom II 3.6 GHz 6-core, a 1gb 5770 HD Vid card, 12 gb RAM.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thank you.
    Don't know how to get the techy info. But I'm not using Arc and I have the same problem everyone else seems to be having.
    Was fine earlier today just after the maintenance but I was only on for an hour or so.

Midwest, Ohio Valley region, USA.
    Again, NOT using Arc to launch the game.
  • Options
    virainixvirainix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't log in atm, tried using Arc and Steam to login. need to get in ... double xp this weekend.
  • Options
    onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz
    8 gigs RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Tucson, AZ- Cox Communications
    will not run with old launcher, ARC, or Steam

left it on launcher for awhile, and it started a 9047MB patch.
  • Options
    kanonistiskanonistis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    grob5 wrote: »
    I have been having some really annoying issues with the game. The issue is in Safe Mode and Normal Mode. Other settings are turned off that are not needed.

Firstly: When I start the game, whether with or without ARC, the process after username/password is accepted takes about 4 minutes to load to the next screen (Legacy of Romulus - LOR). Use to take like 15sec.

Secondly: LOR takes an additional 3-4 minutes to load, and then eventually loads into the STO game Character screen.

Thirdly: This is where it gets fun, this takes about 2 minutes to load and only loads the Character names. After the 2 or so minutes have passed, the Crew arrives followed by the ship a few moments later.

Once you click the character you want to play it takes another minute or so to load, but then it TimeOut_2 and boots me back to the STO login screen.

Fourthly: I login again and just keep repeating the steps over and over from Thirdly.

I have the latest patch.

the same on me.
    Please resolve the problem.
    Fleet Leader: Hellenic Space Force
    Characters FED: TAC Ponos - TAC Tromos - ENG Athena - ROM TAC Phovos - SCI Martyrium - REM Apatros
    Fleet: La Familia: SCI Stave
    KDF Fleet: Syndicate of Shadows: ENG Sha'Kal

This discussion has been closed.