test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Event

Comments

• solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Its only a regift is you got the T5 all that time ago, since then its been unavailable.

And, if it is going into the cstore as an actual thing, then it may well be upgradable to fleet for a single module and thus upgradable to T5U.

I'll admit that I might be a little sour for missing the Nebula last year. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe the reason for not giving away the Kamarag is because the KDF isn't getting any uniforms. Just a Bridge Pack. So they want to give away a ship that has an Upgrade Path for the Delta Rising Expansion as well as a Console (something the Support Retrofit Cruiser lacks)? Of course this depends on if the Ambassdor T5 given away is the Temporal Ambassador Event one OR it's the Fleet varient. Can Cryptic answer the question on which version it is please?

On the plus note...I've always regretted having to give up my Ambassador to make room for other ships on my roster. :( This is a good opportunity to regain an old favorite (I fly an ACR these days when I do get in BUT I miss what the Ambassasor can bring to a fight).

Also, Fed Roms are not being shafted. You can claim the uniforms and bridges too. KDF Roms get the Bridges.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty good haul, especially the ships. I've already got the Ambassador and Alternate Future combadge (the only good part of that uniform in my opinion) on my Fed captain from the anniversary event and lifetime membership, but it'll be nice to have it all unlocked and to have the Ambassador for all my future characters.

Thanks, Cryptic! You're generosity is much appreciated!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have both uniforms and the Galaxy bridges, but neither of the KDF ones. Nice for my KDF's.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Somehow I missed the Season 1 uniforms last year. Got 'em now. Thanks a million!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for free stuff. Sadly, I've already paid you for near all of it (the Ambassador account-wide unlock: that I'll get for free, but probably never actually use, will be the only exception; I've got all the rest), but it's the thought that counts, right?

heh

I know you're just trying to show generosity/appreciation, but maybe you could reward those of us who've supported you (ie already bought it "all") with alternate giveaways. Maybe a (albeit VERY SMALL) box of zen or dilithium. Something like that, anyway. Just a suggestion.

Happy Labor Day!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • llkill0rllllkill0rll Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Also, Fed Roms are not being shafted. You can claim the uniforms and bridges too. KDF Roms get the Bridges.

whats the reason for playing sto? right! to fly a ship! and not staying on esd, looking on the free uniform while the others flying/getting the ships. romulans cant use these ships they are on giveaway. they should also get a ship to choose too.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The T5 Ambassador and Raptor Bridge Pack are the only things I don't already own, but hey, i'll take them. Very happy to see the T5 Ambassador make a comeback.

So I assume that since it's going to be a C-Store item, i'll always be able to reclaim it in the future on any new characters I may create?

And does this mean it will now qualify for a T5-U upgrade when DR drops?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *incoherent rage about not getting enough free stuff*

On a serious note, thank you!
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't have the Varanus nor the Uniforms. Thanks Cryptic.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    before complaining that the kdf didnt get a free uniform, open the cstore and count how many uniforms the kdf even have available...
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    The T5 Ambassador and Raptor Bridge Pack are the only things I don't already own, but hey, i'll take them. Very happy to see the T5 Ambassador make a comeback.

So I assume that since it's going to be a C-Store item, i'll always be able to reclaim it in the future on any new characters I may create?

And does this mean it will now qualify for a T5-U upgrade when DR drops?

As stated here it will be upgradable.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you Cryptic for the ship and uniforms. I do have to ask why no Love for us Romulans though? No negativity meant, just sometimes feels like we are the ignored step child of the game. Anyways will love flying the Ambassador.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't have the Varanus, and not all of my characters have access to the T5 version of the Support Cruiser, so this will be good. I probably don't have the AGT uni either. I think I have all of the rest, but my boys might not. Seeing as how they have no income, they like free :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • quaestusquaestus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    llkill0rll wrote: »
    Thanks for ignoring us from the romulan fraction. i know theres not much to give away for free but at least one u could offer.

thx again cryptic! :mad:

Everyone in the romulan faction has to align either Fed or KDF thus giving Romulans access to Fed and KDF ships thus meaning regardless which side you chose a romulan still has access to one ship or the other... They didn't "ignore us".
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Excellent. The only thing I have is the Galaxy Bridge Pack (which is rather excellent, so I'm happy for everyone else who gets to claim it).

I've already claimed and dismissed the Ambassador on my main, so it'll be nice to have that as a permanent option, as well as an option for my alts.

Any Klingon ships are nice for me, as I have so few of them, so happy there.

And I do love a free uniform - and this time I get two. Bonus.

K
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Thank you Cryptic for the ship and uniforms. I do have to ask why no Love for us Romulans though? No negativity meant, just sometimes feels like we are the ignored step child of the game. Anyways will love flying the Ambassador.

I think the TNG theme has a bit to do with it. The only TNG uniforms they could give away are the Romulan TNG ones, and maybe they're more in demand than I think they are. Although free is probably the only way I'd ever buy one of those. ;)

I don't think there's much chance they'll give away a D'D retrofit any time soon, so there we are.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    quaestus wrote: »
    Everyone in the romulan faction has to align either Fed or KDF thus giving Romulans access to Fed and KDF ships thus meaning regardless which side you chose a romulan still has access to one ship or the other... They didn't "ignore us".

Not the tier 5 ships.

Overall, I'm happy with the stuff. I flew the heck out of my T3 ambassador while leveling, and my fleet Nebula (only $5!) after hitting 50, before getting a Vesta.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you! For once, it was an item i didn't already have. :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you have the tier 3 or the tier 5 version?

And, from the old event, it was not an account unlock but character bound and unreclaimable.

If, as it appears, its going into the cstore and this grants the module discount, you're looking at an extremely flexible fleet level cruiser.

No I got mine from Temporal Ambassador but looking at it now it reads"

Character Bind on Pickup..

This is 3/3 weapons hull is 27,000

I see what your asking now it's reads as Commander Tier 3 ship. So what's the Tier 5 going to have different?

Okay I found out the difference.

Tier 5

4/4 weapons hull is 39,500
    2x tac
    2x eng
    1x sci

4 device slots
    consoles
    tac 3
    eng 4
    sci 2
    impulse mod: 0.15
    inertia rating: 40
    bonus power +5 all power levels
    shield mod: 1
    crew: 700

So you do the mission you get Tier 5 as Admiral gets Temporal Ambassador Retrofit and Tier 3 version as Commander. I Temporal Ambassador should try the mission and see what I get..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »

So you do the mission you get Tier 5 as Admiral and Tier 3 version as Commander. I should try the mission and see what I get..

No, it was a special thing when the mission was first offered.

On completion you got two boxes, a Tier 3 and a Tier 5 ambassador.

However, that was limited time only.

Run it today and you'll just get the tier 3 version.

Todays tier 5 giveaway version has simply not been available, by any means, after the initial promotion.
    edited August 2014
    No, it was a special thing when the mission was first offered.

On completion you got two boxes, a Tier 3 and a Tier 5 ambassador.

However, that was limited time only.

Run it today and you'll just get the tier 3 version.

Todays tier 5 giveaway version has simply not been available, by any means, after the initial promotion.

Okay I won't be doing the mission again then. So I have another one on the ROM/FED and KDF has the old one form Kirk Era under KDF Ship. I never opened it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    So you do the mission you get Tier 5 as Admiral gets Temporal Ambassador Retrofit and Tier 3 version as Commander. I Temporal Ambassador should try the mission and see what I get..

You will have to wait till Monday! On that day the Tier 5 Ambassador will be in the C-store. You can claim it then for free.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank You for the free stuff - I have some of it, but I'm still thrilled, and am happy for those who don't.

THANK YOU for the Ambassador class! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was not around when the T5 was released, was toying with the idea of Fleet version, but already have Fleet Gal-X, and C Store Galaxy-R and Excelsior - so couldn't justify the cost. I'm thrilled that it's available, and better yet - for free! :D
    edited August 2014
    szim wrote: »
    You will have to wait till Monday! On that day the Tier 5 Ambassador will be in the C-store. You can claim it then for free.

Got no more room for ships, so I would need to ditch the Tier 3 version for Tier 5 first. I'll add it just like to know if I do wil my KDF get his Varanus also..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    durenas wrote: »
    It's amusing the stuff that cryptic chooses to give away for free. I can't help but wonder how they select the giveaways? Based on sales(or lack thereof)? Because as I recall last time there was a t1 ship, a t3 ship, a horta pet, a costume? a bridge pack, of all things... all things that the typical player would look at in the cstore and go 'meh I can't see spending money on that'.

So are they giving this stuff away because they can't sell it?

As always. Nothing changed in all these years. You didnt know? lol.
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    YAY my KDF Alt will now actually be able to get a viable ship at level 60! Thank you
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice, I like the T5 Ambassador being a permanent T5 Account unlock. I don't have that ship on two of my mains, so thanks.
    I already own everything else.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This will be a good year - don't have any but the Galaxy Bridges (from the Bundle). Last year missed out on the Day 5 giveaway (Nebula Retrofit and Marauder) as I had no max level Feds and KDF at the time. Not so this year. Yipeee!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Free things are always nice. I don't own any of these so i'll have some more options for uniforms and bridges now which is always nice.

The two T5 ships is a nice bonus though, i was toying with getting an Ambassador a while ago but saved my Zen for something else so it's very welcome.
    And i just like the look of the Varanus so it'll do nicely for any KDF toons i start up.
    SulMatuul.png