test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our Summer Giveway starts off with a bang! Check out all the C-store Items we're giving out this weekend, starting off with today's "The Next Generation Season One" costume pack! We have full details on all the items that you'll be getting and how to get them in our blog.

Check out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yay, I already have all this stuff. :(:D
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is cool, I have been wanting those bridges :D
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good stuff, thanks. :)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a dumb question.

If the T5 Ambassador is being added to the store, even just for a giveaway, will it grant a module discount on the Fleet Ambassador?
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Yay, I already have all this stuff. :(:D
    You don't have the Ambassador class account wide :P
  • Options
    quaestusquaestus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All new items for me, will be fun to check out a couple new ships, thanks. :)
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's amusing the stuff that cryptic chooses to give away for free. I can't help but wonder how they select the giveaways? Based on sales(or lack thereof)? Because as I recall last time there was a t1 ship, a t3 ship, a horta pet, a costume? a bridge pack, of all things... all things that the typical player would look at in the cstore and go 'meh I can't see spending money on that'.

So are they giving this stuff away because they can't sell it?
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a dumb question.

If the T5 Ambassador is being added to the store, even just for a giveaway, will it grant a module discount on the Fleet Ambassador?

The nebula did, but that was a regular cstore ship.

The ambassador isnt even usually in the cstore, so I'm not sure.

I had one from the original event and did not get a discount on my fleet one.

Nevertheless, excellent cruiser.

I am a little puzzled though, why not the Kamarag for the KDF?
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    durenas wrote: »
    It's amusing the stuff that cryptic chooses to give away for free. I can't help but wonder how they select the giveaways? Based on sales(or lack thereof)? Because as I recall last time there was a t1 ship, a t3 ship, a horta pet, a costume? a bridge pack, of all things... all things that the typical player would look at in the cstore and go 'meh I can't see spending money on that'.

No? This is a themed weekend. Look - T5 Ambassador. They haven't sold that before. :P
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There appears to be a cloud in your silver lining.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Our Summer Giveway starts off with a bang! Check out all the C-store Items we're giving out this weekend, starting off with today's "The Next Generation Season One" costume pack! We have full details on all the items that you'll be getting and how to get them in our blog.

Check out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

So no Romulan ships at Septembe1st??
  • Options
    roscoe3400roscoe3400 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Been wanting the uniforms for a while and it'll be awesome to have the T5 Ambassador as an account-wide unlock. Thanks!
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Check out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

Monday September 1 – The “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship and “Varanus Support Vessel” Gorn Tier 5 starship

Isn't this T5 Ambassador NOT available in the C-Store normally? Wasn't it the limited time reward for the Featured Episode: Temporal Ambassador? I it going to stay in the C-Store after this summer event, so we can reclaim it?

So many questions!

And yeah I already have most of this stuff. But this is a nice thing you guys are doing. Thanks!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's great, thanks. The only thing I already own is the future uniform variant.

But I do have one question concerning the Ambassador retrofit... I thought the tier 5 was fleet only? And even now I can't seem to locate it in the C store.
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another Nebula would be preferable to the Ambassador Retrofit, and I already got one last year.

Although if the Ambassador has a Cstore Variant, it may be added to the Upgradeable ships list as the Retrofit would no longer be a 'free ship' and now qualifies.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Is this some typo or some kind of sick joke?

Typo: A spelling error

What part of
    The “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship

do you see as the typo? Or just generally pissed that a ship which is rarely used, is now being given away for free?
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will this "Free" C-Store Ambassador allow for a discount on a Fleet variant?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I'm a pattern/speculation man. In this particular case, the answer seems clear but I'll go with the old idiom, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks Cryptic, the summer tradition is always a great gesture
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Will this "Free" C-Store Ambassador allow for a discount on a Fleet variant?

Here's hoping! I actually nearly bought this recently.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The one for 9/1 isn't that the same one you get for doing that Time Travel mission? Thanks for the STNG Uniform. I can't wait to the the free bridges next two days.. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like the Ambassador T5 is now in the store so I would presume only 1 Fleet Module for Upgrade.

Instructions:
    To claim “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship:

1. Log into the game on a Federation character between 10AM PDT on Monday September 1 and 10AM PDT on Tuesday September 2
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ‘Ships’ tab on the left
    4. Scroll down to and click on the ‘Support Cruiser Retrofit’ item
    6. Click the “Claim” button towards the bottom-right of the interface
    NOTE: Claiming this option unlocks this ship for all Federation characters on an account.
    Once you own the ship, if it has been discharged, it can be reclaimed via the C-Store or at Ship Requisitions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    josephr25josephr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So if they are given away the season 1 outfit for the fed what are the KDF's getting as the last give away they were forgotten about as well and by looks of things they are not getting anything either. anyone know if this is true or not.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    will the ambassador qualify for the 1 fleet module discount now?

and what about the kamarag?
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So Klingon and Romulan characters are being shafted again? Good to know!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great I haven't got anything of the items yet. Especially looking forward to get the Ambassodor class at last. One of the few ships I haven't bought yet.

Thank you very much, Cryptic
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Full schedule:
    Today: TNG First Season Uniform
    Tomorrow: Galaxy/Raptor Bridges
    Sunday: All Good Things Uniform
    Monday: Ambassador T5/Varanus

No uniforms for Klingons/Romulans
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I didnt have todays uniform, so thanks :) Much appreciated.

Intriguing choice of ships though, the Ambassador is probably my favourite Fed cruiser and my engineer flies one exclusively.

I'm extremely happy to see this ship become better known, as its original T5 variant was never available via the cstore before.

I assume you're keeping the Kamarag back for next time.....hopefully.

Because thats a really nice battle cruiser too.

Just a quick question though, I'm unavoidably on the road after today. Is there any way to access the cstore, and I assume these generous offers, via mobile device?
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What?!? :eek: C-Store Ambassador, WooHoo!

Definately gotta get that one, Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, you're telling us everything you're giving away this weekend rather than leaving us in suspense about what's going to be free every day. Holy TRIBBLE.

And you're making the T5 Ambassador class permanently available for those that claim it? Holy TRIBBLE.

The hell is going on here? This isn't like Cryptic or Perfect World at all. Are we in the mirror universe or something? :confused: