What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about ground pvp

2»

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    It's not your fault at all. It's quite easy for Lunge to one-hit-kill anyone in the current state of the game.

Does my pvp still give you a "hard on" ? ;)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Please don't! I'm trying to genuinely learn ground play. I appreciate you not bringing that kind of talk in this thread. If you feel you must, please create your own thread but don't jeopardize mine.

Unfortunately, one truth is that ground PvP tends to still have a lot of politics and fleet rivalry type stuff.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please don't! I'm trying to genuinely learn ground play. I appreciate you not bringing that kind of talk in this thread. If you feel you must, please create your own thread but don't jeopardize mine.

This thread is about Ground PVP, one of the neglected areas of STO. It's already in jeopardy.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    80 percent of feds who come in kerrat are pve farmers,10 percent are just pve heroes with their a2b faw ships who thinks they are good and start talking TRIBBLE when someone kill them and only small number of feds are actual pvpers who wander there sometimes when queues are dead.So yeah thats what klinks do there most of the time,shooting sitting ducks.And i used to play with my klink bop toon there a lot but got bored,i guess not my idea of fun shootin faw tards and camping when certain fleet come there with numbers.

feds today are not like the feds of yesterday... cryptic has given them artificial pvp skills with all the BS that exists in the game. it isn't so easy to vape with cannons anymore... which is the only thing I use... unless, of course, I put on DEM3 because that is what cryptic made all cannon users do to still be viable.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread is about Ground PVP, one of the neglected areas of STO. It's already in jeopardy.

All pvp in general has always been in jeopardy since day 1 due to cryptic negligence and not being able to code PvP right.... ground pvp is and always has been even less popular than space pvp, so not sure where you get your statistics.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Current ground PVP state is pretty much great if to compare to Season 8. You have some time until dev's fubar it again.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    Current ground PVP state is pretty much great if to compare to Season 8. You have some time until dev's fubar it again.

IMO it's been constantly fubared, and now we have new Season 9.5 to come.

A new trait from Crafting allows energy weapons to bypass 10 Damage Resistance Magnitude. Damage Resistance already suffer from Diminishing Returns, and still they further increase the disparity between offense and defense. The current and new defensive traits pale in comparison, again because of Diminishing Returns, or just questionable decisions overall.

A new gun will deal base 20% Shield Penetration and "high" Kinetic Damage. I am curious to see how the ground PvP folks will break and exploit it once it's available, but I'm positive something broken will come out of it. I might be overreacting though. Guess I will wait and see.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I have read about new TRIBBLE. At the moment there is a time to enjoy more or less smooth gameplay. I remember buffed engineers and their mines. It was a torture to play. After it, current situation is great. New things promise to add more TRIBBLE, current sniper rifles are powerful already, elachi one for example. Well, preoder bonus is available to all now. There were a reason why original developer team made this rifle weak. New devs are buffing it. As always, time for fun, time for pain.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gun that ignores shields... Is that what finally kills GPvP completely?

No, not really, Tactical Officers and Science Officers usually have their shields down anyway. This change mainly only hurts engineers badly because they rely on shield heals to survive. Bleedtrhough is usually what kills an engineer in Ground PvP. The change has mostly caused engineers to hide behind their sea of fabrications more often when fighting TR-116B players.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What about science and their medical vanguard... Doesn't this gun make vanguard useless?
    Medical Vanguard is completely useless against the TR116, but it is of little consequence. It is extremely difficult to kill a science officer built for tanking with just a non-[CritD]x3 sniper rifle in a 1v1 situation...especially a sniper rifle that deals kinetic damage. A sniper rifle just doesn't have the DPS to wear down a science officer's nanite health monitor and science officers sit at around 65% kinetic damage resistance.

You'd need a compression pistol, full auto rifle, or pulsewave assault weapon to wear the science officer down. Medical Vanguard is most useful for blocking extreme damage decloak pulsewave strikes dealt by tactical officers. The trait greatly reduced the chances of a tactical officer oneshotting a science officer every time the tactical officer decloaked. Just ask any of the Season 5-7 veterans about the old perfect stealth tactical officer build. I earned my reputation as a cloaker back then because my first character was the first post-covert bug fix tactical officer. It was fun playing the tactical officer, but very difficult to be on the receiving end.
    Also If an engineer has to barricade him/herself behind fabrications, that doesn't seem conducive to a good pvp experience. I personally think if engineers go along with your suggestion it seems like engineers will be forced to remain stationary with their fabrications. But at the same time, people keep moving to avoid all that exothermic, plasma, sniper shots etc... So on one hand it pigeonhole engineers into a specific build, one that doesn't seem helpful to team play.
    Engineers still make extremely powerful shield tanks. They have a feedback pulse kit ability that reflects all energy damage, four shield heals, and a duty officer that makes their shield near immune to damage for several seconds (99% resists). Engineers running those abilities require bleedthrough to kill due to their extremely thick shielding. The TR-116B is the most logical weapon because it completely takes their shield healing out of the equation...but that is too far. We needed something capable of bleedthrough for killing an engineer, but not with such ease.
    I have to ask.. Season 8 saw the last hiccup from the engineers, as crafting has successfully taken out an entire class out of the pvp meta? PANIC! Or am I just overreacting.
    A single weapon capable of bypassing an engineer's most powerful form of tanking is a bit overpowered, but it isn't the death of the class. All it does is force engineers to focus more on balanced health/shield tanking rather than just pure shield tanking. That said, one hit kills from the secondary attack are very difficult to counter as an engineer and tactical officers run the risk of getting double tapped (super buffed secondary + immediate primary after first shot). The weapon needs a nerf badly, but we can manage until it gets fixed.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • falklander1989falklander1989 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Medical Vanguard is completely useless against the TR116, but it is of little consequence. It is extremely difficult to kill a science officer built for tanking with just a non-[CritD]x3 sniper rifle in a 1v1 situation...especially a sniper rifle that deals kinetic damage. A sniper rifle just doesn't have the DPS to wear down a science officer's nanite health monitor and science officers sit at around 65% kinetic damage resistance.

You'd need a compression pistol, full auto rifle, or pulsewave assault weapon to wear the science officer down. Medical Vanguard is most useful for blocking extreme damage decloak pulsewave strikes dealt by tactical officers. The trait greatly reduced the chances of a tactical officer oneshotting a science officer every time the tactical officer decloaked. Just ask any of the Season 5-7 veterans about the old perfect stealth tactical officer build. I earned my reputation as a cloaker back then because my first character was the first post-covert bug fix tactical officer. It was fun playing the tactical officer, but very difficult to be on the receiving end.

Engineers still make extremely powerful shield tanks. They have a feedback pulse kit ability that reflects all energy damage, four shield heals, and a duty officer that makes their shield near immune to damage for several seconds (99% resists). Engineers running those abilities require bleedthrough to kill due to their extremely thick shielding. The TR-116B is the most logical weapon because it completely takes their shield healing out of the equation...but that is too far. We needed something capable of bleedthrough for killing an engineer, but not with such ease.

A single weapon capable of bypassing an engineer's most powerful form of tanking is a bit overpowered, but it isn't the death of the class. All it does is force engineers to focus more on balanced health/shield tanking rather than just pure shield tanking. That said, one hit kills from the secondary attack are very difficult to counter as an engineer and tactical officers run the risk of getting double tapped (super buffed secondary + immediate primary after first shot). The weapon needs a nerf badly, but we can manage until it gets fixed.

Its not just engies that are vulnerable to TR,everoyne is ,even scis.I been in a lot of matches where some people spamed TR and know really good how op it is but just gonna give you newest example.Was yesterday in match with some guy,known TR user and biggs was on other side on his sci,and we all know how good player he is but that didnt help him because he still managed to get killed 7-8 times in the row just by this guy and TR rifle.Just fully buffed TR shots from single tac,almost all 1 shots.Just imagine premade all spaming that weapon.
  • klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its not just engies that are vulnerable to TR,everoyne is ,even scis.I been in a lot of matches where some people spamed TR and know really good how op it is but just gonna give you newest example.Was yesterday in match with some guy,known TR user and biggs was on other side on his sci,and we all know how good player he is but that didnt help him because he still managed to get killed 7-8 times in the row just by this guy and TR rifle.Just fully buffed TR shots from single tac,almost all 1 shots.Just imagine premade all spaming that weapon.

I have to agree with Falk. I was in another match with a team of tacs with one spaming a tr. I believe the person Falk is talking about is the same person in that match. In the match biggles kept dying to the tr. I've also used a tr to shoot certain players who abused certain things, and using the tr I have easily one shotted some fairly skilled scis. Scis that should have taken much more effort to kill.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's beyond ridiculous at this point. The old TR rifle was nerfed, as should this one. This one has the stats (damagewise) of a good rifle, with the 100% shield bypass, snipe mode cannot be seen until too late... And no sci's are nowhere near invulnerable. Tested it against 3 of my friends, a sci, eng and tac. Tac friend died instantly, as did eng, sci died instantly first time, survived for second shot. And even so, the biggest problem is tac's using what's it called... deadly intent, so they can use multiple sniper rounds with regular shots inbetween. Not to mention tacs have another near bypass ability that was, for some reason fixed a while: Lunge. Nobody is safe. Hell, not even the engi's ground feedback pulse stops it, as the rifle deals kinetic, not energy damage, and any shield hardeners are ignored. I took the gun into a pug.... just 1 pug. Got 47 kills. in Shanty of course. I felt bad but.... *evil grin* it was for science. But still this gun needs a nerf of some sort. I wouldn't say damage nerf as that kinda kills it for anything but tac. What about only penetrates maybe 20%? 30%? i'd say thats plenty, including nukara ground trait.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gun that ignores shields... Is that what finally kills GPvP completely?

Nah. Sure, some will get aggravated from people using them, maybe even leave, but there is a majority of us who know when stuff is too OP.... like many caitians replace lunge with plasma grenade and lunge with pounce, so they still have a I WEEL CHOMP YAAAUUUU ability but it doesnt 1-hit with the right buffs. Some work so that you can actually have fun. Some don't. GPvP will live, it will endure, survive for another day.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    when some people use the tr gun on science officer they can't even kill them so they have to cloak and get behind them when the busy killing other player in ground pvp.