test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

On days like today, you have to feel something for the community mods

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
Wow. In the space of 45 minutes the forums have gone from quiet sober reflection* to all out anarchy.

I have to give props to the mods; you have your job cut out for you today.

The number of threads and comments that after reading you have to think "have these people even read the the blog post?", spring up everywhere.
Yes, almost all T5 ships will have the option of upgrading for a small amount of Zen (livable to no-way-jose). Yes, it's account wide (awesome).

Yes, in my case all of my ships including fleet variations can be upgraded.

Yes, mirror variants and 'free' ships are not included.

No, the only fleet level Romulan science ship was left out. Seriously, that's just not fair.

Admiral Thrax

* I am, of course, being sarcastic.
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wait til x2 hits the fan :D
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    I've scheduled holiday time to coincide with the launch. I have not plans to be near a computer however ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is very much a thankless job at times. Not one I envy anyone.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Couldn't pay me enough to do it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having done community modding for another game company way back in the day, I've always sympathized with the ones here. It's not an easy job and it's not fun having to wade through thread after thread and it's always thankless.

So internet cookies and thanks to the mods for their work.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When Delta Rising goes live the Sky will light up like Guy Fawkes night and I intend to have a front row seat.

And an Umbrella to protect myself from the tear showers.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is standard for STO whenever something 'big' drops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captsol wrote: »
    This is standard for any MMO whenever something 'big' drops.
    Let's not kid ourselves here.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nothing big has happened yet
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I sometimes wonder why people play this game.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I especially like the people who haven't notice that T4 - T5 actually gives you TWO extra boff slots not one, so the better ship was likely the new stats plus the Lt.Cmdr Boff slot, and not having an extra ensign slot.

So no I doubt my T5-U Regent is suddenly going to suck in the SMALL PORTION of the Delta Rising content that actually requires a T6 or T5-U ship just becuase I can't use a power I likely either already have or have a better version of.

And I doubt we'll get captain boffs, so no you're not missing out on it.

Sheesh who'd have though a minor thing was such a sticking point.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually, I'm busy today lol so I'm bouncing back and fourth. But I'll be around later tonight so... ;)

But yes for X2, I've already scheduled holiday time so you won't see me for that week :P :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Actually, I'm busy today lol so I'm bouncing back and fourth. But I'll be around later tonight so... ;)

But yes for X2, I've already scheduled holiday time so you won't see me for that week :P :P

I bow before your great wisdom and foresight
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    actually, I'm Busy Today Lol So I'm Bouncing Back And Fourth. But I'll Be Around Later Tonight So... ;)

But Yes For X2, I've Already Scheduled Holiday Time So You Won't See Me For That Week :p:p

Take Me With Yooooouuuuuu!!! :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is very much a thankless job at times. Not one I envy anyone.

Something totally unrelated... is that a Harris Hawk in your signature? :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder why people play this game.

I came to the conclusion that many on this forum are masochists. it the only thing that makes sense. some of these people have been crying about everything cryptic does for years.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yess YESSS BURN FORUMS BURN!!!!!! Bajor you're next :cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    I came to the conclusion that many on this forum are masochists. it the only thing that makes sense. some of these people have been crying about everything cryptic does for years.

I was in another thread and someone mentioned that they were a Star Trek fan and STO goes against it with all the killing and violence and focusing on war...and I asked why they played the game?

I get that people don't like everything that Cryptic is doing but you don't have to play the game.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2014

But yes for X2, I've already scheduled holiday time so you won't see me for that week :P

So, you'll be watching TV - or going pout while they fix the various unexpected server crashes, account problems, and the truly major bugs (that usually take 1 - 3 weeks to sort out)? :eek::D<--- Good plan.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was in another thread and someone mentioned that they were a Star Trek fan and STO goes against it with all the killing and violence and focusing on war...and I asked why they played the game?

I get that people don't like everything that Cryptic is doing but you don't have to play the game.

they real funny part of those complains is a lot if not most of episodes had them fighting, or about two seconds from war breaking out, and I'm not counting ds9, where war broke out... twice. and voyager, which had the most exploring of any of them, and had a suitably high number of battles. because exploring is dangerous. people do not like you nosy around their space because you saw a shiny.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    grimus99grimus99 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah a big thank you to the Mods, I feel for you guys.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    they real funny part of those complains is a lot if not most of episodes had them fighting, or about two seconds from war breaking out, and I'm not counting ds9, where war broke out... twice. and voyager, which had the most exploring of any of them, and had a suitably high number of battles. because exploring is dangerous. people do not like you nosy around their space because you saw a shiny.

More than twice!
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The big problem with that is that many people outright believe the whole opening narration from TOS and TNG. The whole "It's Five-Year/Continuing Mission: To Explore Strange New Worlds. To Seek Out New Lifeforms and New Civilizations. To Boldly Go Where No Man/One Has Gone Before." and they think that is what Star Trek should be.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The big problem with that is that many people outright believe the whole opening narration from TOS and TNG. The whole "It's Five-Year/Continuing Mission: To Explore Strange New Worlds. To Seek Out New Lifeforms and New Civilizations. To Boldly Go Where No Man/One Has Gone Before." and they think that is what Star Trek should be.

That's the Enterprise. Not the Federation.

The Federation was an alliance of weaker worlds who werent too fond of each other banding together in a time of war to fight the Romulans.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, you'll be watching TV - or going pout while they fix the various unexpected server crashes, account problems, and the truly major bugs (that usually take 1 - 3 weeks to sort out)? :eek::D<--- Good plan.

Yeah pretty much :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's the Enterprise. Not the Federation.

The Federation was an alliance of weaker worlds who werent too fond of each other banding together in a time of war to fight the Romulans.

Even so, many people associate what the Federation does with the Enterprise. So, yeah, they're gonna think that all we should be doing is hunting down other worlds and not shooting everything in sight.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Despite our infrequent differences, I have a lot of time for the volunteer mods.

It's not always easy, frequently thankless and not a lot of fun.

I think, despite aforementioned differences, they do a fine job.

[obligatory dig] even better than those who actually DO get paid [/obligatory dig]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Picture if you will, a slow-motion surreal scene as a massive panicked crowed scatters from the forums as it explodes in flames, buildings crumble, meteors fall from the sky, and this song plays over it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4tSE2w53ts

(I can't remember if askray likes country.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think this is a much more fitting tribute to today...

http://youtu.be/ffO3trY5P9g

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey