test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

36000 XP for a new level

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The same advice I gave before they made the KDF faction level up from level 1 instead of 20 applies here. Get your toons leveled up to 50 now, because the 1 level per mission thing is going away.
    Well, nothing's happened to it on Tribble yet, 0-50 is unchanged. It's only the 50-60 content that changes. I wonder if the persona non grata level will change, too. Right now, you are basically unwelcome in the game unless you are level 50. Will level 60 become the new required level for everything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll add a "Finish Now" button to each level beyond 50, so you can do it in 1 hour, but for 2 mil Dilithium.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, nothing's happened to it on Tribble yet, 0-50 is unchanged. It's only the 50-60 content that changes. I wonder if the persona non grata level will change, too. Right now, you are basically unwelcome in the game unless you are level 50. Will level 60 become the new required level for everything?

Id guess all missions requiring lvl 50 wiill stay there and a new tier of missions willl be added. Hopefully they just rename the elites to advanced, and make new elite missions for lvl 60

lvl 45=normal
    50=advanced
    60=elite
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    To clarify my previous quote - it pertains only to lvl 50+ content. We are not currently planning to make any alterations to the leveling cadence of 1-50 with the release of Delta Rising.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To clarify my previous quote - it pertains only to lvl 50+ content. We are not currently planning to make any alterations to the leveling cadence of 1-50 with the release of Delta Rising.

Most of the more rational folks around here, pretty much figured that out.
    But thanks for the clarification Bort.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014

Fine by me. :D

With the bonus XP weekend coming at the end of September, that should help level up my Rommy and new Klink toons with extreme dispatch. :D By my math, both of those toons will still have old content to plow through before even hitting DR stuff.

Shoot, my primary FED toon still has "A Step Between Stars" and "Surface Tension" to play through... and I won't do that until DR goes live.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For what it's worth, I've always felt that leveling 1-50 is TOO FAST in STO. I look forward to a slow-down Ls 50-60 as long as there's new story content to go with it.

One mission per level is too easy. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it took 10 missions per level, so long as they were 10 new missions. (I'd prefer it! LOL)

Now I don't really expect they've made 100 new missions (I'll be shocked if they have!), and I also know/expect that they've factored in some replay of existing material (DOffing, STFs, RepGrind, Queued Events, Mission Replay, Foundry, etc. Heck, they've probably even factored in XP we can earn from the Winter Holiday stuff).

I do just really hope that ~75%+ of the expected leveling 50-60 is through new content.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I am hearing different things, so clarification is good - if I have completed missions I haven't taken the rewards/points from yet, will they be applicable to 50-60, albeit at the greatly reduced rate?

Also - simply increasing Boss hitpoints exponentially is weaksauce. Work on AI, not just points ffs.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • realrebelusrealrebelus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post is for the STO Captains that are confusing the rank structure lvl 60 will not give you they rank of a Fleet Admirl. As we all know the ranks in the STO universe increase every ten levels form Ensign to current Vice Admirals at level 50 what level 60 brings us is the rank of Admiral that four stars there is only one five star admiral and that is the head of Star Fleet Command.:cool::cool::cool:
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post is for the STO Captains that are confusing the rank structure lvl 60 will not give you they rank of a Fleet Admirl. As we all know the ranks in the STO universe increase every ten levels form Ensign to current Vice Admirals at level 50 what level 60 brings us is the rank of Admiral that four stars there is only one five star admiral and that is the head of Star Fleet Command.:cool::cool::cool:

No, actually.

Your literal rank at 60 is Fleet Admiral. You reach Admiral at 55.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014

Um... boy... eeesh... you actually get Fleet Admiral at 60... like the guy above me said...
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what...there's no button to FINISH NOW ???? for 20000 dilithium of course@!!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bds007 wrote: »
    Isnt' this the same/similar to the reputation system?

Not quite ... There are similarities, but in Neverwinter, you essentially have to "Level Up" in a new or perhaps sideways fashion. In this sense it's similar to the Rep system we have now, but unlike STO, in Neverwinter the leveling is mission based, and not simply Mark based.

The two go hand in hand really, you must start and play a certain mission, in a certain "zone" (associated with the "Rep" for want of a better term) to gain experience in that zone, to unlock more area's and more stories in that zone, to gain more experience in that zone, to unlock ... You get the idea ...

They also have unique resources (like the 'Black Ice') which you need to equip and/or have, and a minimum "gear score" related to that area to even participate in the area.

It's still a "grind" but it feels less so than in STO, because you can actually see progress, and actually see different content as you go ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OP is correct in the exp required is 36,000.

However in about 4 hours of play on normal difficulty I made level 53.1 and some change.

In Kerrat:

39 points for a probe.
    195 points for a sphere.
    260 points for Cube.

Any mission with lots of targets will get you a level in an hour. (took me a while to find a good mission, Kerrat slows down as more people are in zone)

Actual mission rewards do seem low on regular content. But who knows what the new content will bring.

The new skills are not available yet.
    New rewards are not happening either. Bugged it but may not be implemented yet.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you guys didn't notice, the xp rewards on tribble are off, by a large margin.

(replay) Missions give 25% of what they normally give, often less. Doff missions all give 500xp regardless if they take 15 minutes or 20h. :P

If the 36k per level remains and xp gain remains as it is on holodeck its done in less then 6 days.
    I can easily get ~20k alone with doff mission cirts per day and replay missions give 2,3k per run and fast missions can be done in ~15 minutes. That doesn't include all the xp you gain from killing mobs, depending what you do you can gain another 2-3k per mission run. So if anything you can get at least 5k per mission run.

Do the math how long it will take. :p
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually the DOFF missions all state 500 exp for the reward - but they are NOT rewarding that amout. It still seems to be based off time ... but a 500 exp 30 minute only rewarded like 20 actual points....In fact all the rewards are off - or just a filler number. Skill numbers are off too...

I should have kept a log.

I'll bug it tomorrow either during the maintenance if tribble stays up or after.

Where do I find the time? Only do crytsal these days, research and full set of DOFF science or exploration missions. I'm at tier 4 in all but medical, trade and recruiting.
  • lukemblukemb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »
    Actually the DOFF missions all state 500 exp for the reward - but they are NOT rewarding that amout. It still seems to be based off time ... but a 500 exp 30 minute only rewarded like 20 actual points....In fact all the rewards are off - or just a filler number. Skill numbers are off too...

I'll bug it tomorrow either during the maintenance if tribble stays up or after.

Where do I find the time? Only do crytsal these days, research and full set of DOFF science or exploration missions. I'm at tier 4 in all but medical, trade and recruiting.

That's correct, I found the same, 500xp is only in the text description, the DOFF missions award little xp.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »

yeah i noticed, the xp the missions reward is also a lot less then they usually do on holo.

Anyway I don't really see a concern here right now, if the rates are back to holo level 36k is nothing per level, if the rates on tribble come to live it will prolong the leveling quite a bit, but it also will TRIBBLE over the whole progression we had till now. :P
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    "The levelling system is not in its final state" means that right now, when you gain a level, you just get more skillpoints for the usual skills.

Incidentally, this also will likely mean that anybody leveling characters on Tribble in this build will end up with corrupted, bugged and potentially unplayable characters, once the final code/data for the correct level up process arrives.

Not too big a deal - just delete them and make a new copy from Holodeck.

Still, thought you should know.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [...]
    [...]

Well, if 'someone' would fix the charcopy page that it would actually 'allow' every character on my account to be copied over and not only the 8 oldest characters it really would not be a big deal. The only reason I began leveling those characters is that I cannot copy any romulans and I would like to have max level characters on tribble once the next lockbox hits.

So are you suggesting I start deleting holodeck characters until my first romulan shows up?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    Well, if 'someone' would fix the charcopy page that it would actually 'allow' every character on my account to be copied over and not only the 8 oldest characters it really would not be a big deal. The only reason I began leveling those characters is that I cannot copy any romulans and I would like to have max level characters on tribble once the next lockbox hits.

So are you suggesting I start deleting holodeck characters until my first romulan shows up?
    Press tab at the end of the list. You'll find all of your characters there. No need to be confrontational here.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Incidentally, this also will likely mean that anybody leveling characters on Tribble in this build will end up with corrupted, bugged and potentially unplayable characters, once the final code/data for the correct level up process arrives.

There are some players with dedicated tribble characters, would it be possible to -back up- those characters to avoid this issue? Or just one of the risks of testing.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm ok with with it myself. What I am NOT ok with is, if we have to run the same 4 or 5 missions over and over and over before we level up. As long as we have a story Campaign that is at least as long as LOR (TBH it should be alot longer because of No factioin) the level up process should go just fine. What would be pure Gold would be us getting 30-40 new missions mixed in with 4 or 5 Space/Ground STFs. We probably wouldn't even think of the leveling grind if that happened.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    There are some players with dedicated tribble characters, would it be possible to -back up- those characters to avoid this issue? Or just one of the risks of testing.

That is the risk of having a dedicated testing character.

They do character wipes on tribble sometimes aswell, though I think it has only happened twice since launch.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yep just like our holodeck characters been there and done that :)
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dukedom01 wrote: »

Yes this sucks, got 14 characters, can only copy the old ones...
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Didn't want to make a new topic for it - but thought I'd ask anyways - with the newest patch on Tribble, it says "Skills invalid" and it has 'Respec' button next to it. When I hit it, nothing really happens. I've tried to manually respec at respec guy, also doesn't help.

Note, that I transfered my character freshly after Borg: Disconnected hit the Tribble, and I've since gained 2 lvl's from some extensive testing.. :D

Does that mean my character is broken beyond repair and will have to transfer from Holodeck again or it'll be fixable with the future patches on Tribble?

Thank you for your time! :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider