test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please pay your bills on time, Sad Pandas!

ethercircuitethercircuit Member Posts: 69 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ethercircuit on

Comments

• Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2014
    ****ing rofl.

have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014

So should I write a check for 5 mill each to the 7 hobos that were spawncamping me? Oh, and I'm not gonna pay the OPVP Channel bill... pretty sure I didn't lose that one.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    And Ethercircuit continues under the delusion that he's actually important in any way, and that this thread will accomplish something under than attracting more ridicule.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    So should I write a check for 5 mill each to the 7 hobos that were spawncamping me? Oh, and I'm not gonna pay the OPVP Channel bill... pretty sure I didn't lose that one.

Individual checks are fine, but the Ker'rat tax must be paid separately to a licensed HoBO Taxation Representative. HEHE is available at your convenience M - Th during normal business hours (US-EST).
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    Individual checks are fine, but the Ker'rat tax must be paid separately to a licensed HoBO Taxation Representative. HEHE is available at your convenience M - Th during normal business hours (US-EST).

ha, not a chance, but nice try. taxes are for suckers
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have way too much time on your hands, OP.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tax must be paid before entering ker'rat, if not paid it will be considered trespassing and you will be PUNISHED (which will be added to the new invoice). we can accept box ships with a 10% reduction value of market price.
    Punish the feds!!!
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You should make sure your only open Monday - Friday 8am - 6 pm And only give them the ability to pay after 6pm.. Which is typical of some Customer Service offices. :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The whole tax game is all fun and games until you realize they actually sit outside kerrat in sector space and scam noobs into paying to access kerrat.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh diddums, did the nasty Fed get caught in your spawn camp? Poor little HoBOs.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Erm.....I can't see what's in the image. All I get is some vague bill-like 1xx by 1xx image. Help?
  • Options
    ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    can you take a million off, for every time you console swapped?
    now you owe us billions
    :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    truthseeker10368truthseeker10368 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    The whole tax game is all fun and games until you realize they actually sit outside kerrat in sector space and scam noobs into paying to access kerrat.

If this is the case it needs to be reported to a GM. I bet they would respond harsly and swift to ingame extortion....

HOBOS, Regarding me paying Kerrat tax : Will never happen! lol

Truthseeker69.:-D

Sad Pandas/Show Me Your Critz
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Really? Possible I have sandwich so you cant be hungry moment, but I thought the "tax" was just a joke.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Really? Possible I have sandwich so you cant be hungry moment, but I thought the "tax" was just a joke.

It is. To my knowledge nobody has ever actually attempted to extract tax EC from anybody for the 'Ker'rat tax'. Whatever legitimate concerns have been brought up in these threads have been drowned out in the hyperbole, character assassination, and general clownshoes rhetoric.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It is. To my knowledge nobody has ever actually attempted to extract tax EC from anybody for the 'Ker'rat tax'. Whatever legitimate concerns have been brought up in these threads have been drowned out in the hyperbole, character assassination, and general clownshoes rhetoric.

Even so, you may want to check and make sure - if it is going on, at best STO being an international game, it may well be likely that someone hasn't understood it is just a joke, and at worst people know it is a joke and are exacting a tax anyway - and if a GM investigates, which they will for something like this, well, the result will not be pretty if it is anything resembling the latter.

If nothing else, at least investigating it yourselves will put you guys at the managerial end in a better light should a GM look into it and find out people are actually extracting a tax.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you think you have to pay a tax to access Ker'rat because someone told you that... well you deserve to pay it :D
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I believe its all just a bit of fooling around joking. I hope most people realize the same. We all know people like to talk and things always get bigger then they really are. If it ever happened its both a bit funny and bad all at once I guess. Hey though I remember back in the day after following a Farmer around for an hour or so with a tractor beam not killing them, they did open a trade window and try to buy me off. Which to be honest only made me stay for another 20min or so with my tractor beam.

I know most of the Hobos are sane human beings that wouldn't really be trying to tax kerrat. If anyone is reading this from any fleet that has done, likely a good place to call you a cheese noodle I guess. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you think you have to pay a tax to access Ker'rat because someone told you that... well you deserve to pay it :D

Yes, while it is completely ignorable in terms of common sense, if a GM found out it they would take a dim view of some players extracting a tax from other players who don't know it is a joke. If it is actually going on that is.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You guys paid the highest. Dramatic fall from the top of your own self professed mountain :)

Now that is ..... Priceless
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And Ethercircuit continues under the delusion that he's actually important in any way, and that this thread will accomplish something under than attracting more ridicule.
    Perfectly said. Sir, you win a cookie. Better, a pack of cookies.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they will accept payment in bugship packs.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well, suppression of reality seems to be strong in here.... oh wait, sto forums? :D
    kerrat tax? yeah, come over and collect it lol. i'll gladly pay both ways >)...

punish the false kdf! (and spare the nice ones lol :))
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I used to think Panda's only ate bamboo, now I see they are also partial to HOBOs LMAO!

A pack of cookies for you too... :D
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mind if I pay in live photon torpedoes? They're fresh and hot from the tube! :P
    If anyone is reading this from any fleet that has done, likely a good place to call you a cheese noodle I guess. lol

Cheese noodles.....sounds tasty.
  • Options
    entrax11entrax11 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I would have paid my bill gladly if you would have accepted Naz' 10 vs. 10 offer, when you had the chance to have a fair fight when most people were still online. But you guys rather had some RP going on in N'Vak. Then filling a whole Zone in Ker'rat so it was something like a 10 vs. 4. But at least we were confronted with nasty Zone Chat comments from some certain experts using Faw on Sci toons on their Aux2Bat Nicor, garnished with heavy spam...really has been entertaining.

PS: I heard Zan was the only person who actually wanted to play this 10 vs. 10 (because it would have been a lot of fun)....seems that at least the girl has some balls over there ;-)
  • Options
    tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    entrax11 wrote: »
    I would have paid my bill gladly if you would have accepted Naz' 10 vs. 10 offer, when you had the chance to have a fair fight when most people were still online. But you guys rather had some RP going on in N'Vak. Then filling a whole Zone in Ker'rat so it was something like a 10 vs. 4. But at least we were confronted with some nasty Zone Chat comments from some certain experts using Faw on Sci toons on their Aux2Bat Nicor, garnished with heavy spam really has been entertaining.

PS: I heard Zan was the only person who actually wanted to play this 10 vs. 10 (because it would have been a lot of fun)....seems that at least the girl has some balls over there ;-)

People need to understand, we were in N'Vak initially testing some builds, fighting each other above cracked. A little ways into this Omega Flotte (I dont know the exact translation) came in with a premade team, with the likes of Bar'rom, Spitzhor, Rrulok, Sherlock Holmes etc.

We then brought in 5 guys, a premade if you like, and dueled it out for a good 30 minutes. To be honest, it was fun. Yes, fun. So that's why we stayed and played them, because yet again i must mention. It was fun.

People calling us out as Borg farmers should maybe jump on their kdf and see what's actually going on before making hollow claims.
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    entrax11entrax11 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »
    People need to understand, we were in N'Vak initially testing some builds, fighting each other above cracked. A little ways into this Omega Flotte (I dont know the exact translation) came in with a premade team, with the likes of Bar'rom, Spitzhor, Rrulok, Sherlock Holmes etc.

We then brought in 5 guys, a premade if you like, and dueled it out for a good 30 minutes. To be honest, it was fun. Yes, fun. So that's why we stayed and played them, because yet again i must mention. It was fun.

People calling us out as Borg farmers should maybe jump on their kdf and see what's actually going on before making hollow claims.

Lol, don't take things too serious here, i knew that you fought "Omega Flotte" since they told us. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.