test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this ok behaviour? When will Admins deal with people like this..

dervian5ouldervian5oul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I was in Kur'rat killing borg and feds on my kdf :D and i get this fun conversation for my time..

Now im all for some flame chat.. or even a few Rage convo's..

But seriously.. cryptic.. when people cant even post rude words into your "REPORT TO GM" system.. how can they report someone like this hahahaha?

Have fun reading

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

I MUTED HIM After this.. figured i would see what cryptic will do about it.. if anything..
will be intresting to see posts on this.. :D
Post edited by dervian5oul on

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well that's...disturbing.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So..?

Whats the point? Regular chat from Ker'rat...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • xsilvermanxxsilvermanx Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You may want to edit your post, naming and shaming is not allowed in this forum.
    Edit them names out (yours is okay, but you should even get the name of the person in white out) and everything will be fine (I think). Oh, and be fast with doing it, otherwise the thread may be locked nontheless.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, this is not ok behavior but you dont have to write the swear words into the report itself. simply saying you are being sworn at will be enough.

they can check the logs and see what was written.

usually a screen grab is taken with reports (at least it is with bug reports), so if you want to have the chat panel showing in full as you report it it should take a pic of conversation.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i love how he made it a question of idiology towards the end. I would have muted him already at the second sentence.
    Go pro or go home
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As long as you're not not offended by chat, Kerrat can be fun. Though, last time I took my KDF in there it was purely out of curiosity in how many fed ships it would actually take to kill the Bortaqu-Tac I used to fly.

You know, run at a disadvantrage with a low-maneuverability lumbering sloth with no battlecloak....... on average it took about 9 to actually kill me..... and that was before I even had any rep gear (And still lack fleet gear).
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What a massive twunt.

But yeah, unfortunately name & shame is against forum rules, so I'd edit your post sharpish.

And if being a racist little **** is standard in Kerrat, then ****ing delete the place, sharpish.
    giphy.gif
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, what can you say, it's an MMO. Stuff like this is pretty much bound to happen. The best option is to not take raging maniacs like that seriously, report them and maybe put them on the ignore list if they continue to be annoying.

The only things thats really interseting about this is cryptic's reaction to this guy, if they will actually do something I mean.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is where you hit ignore on the player or leave that chat channel. And don't go on and add it to fuss when you can just blank him out. Making the fuss keep going and to step to his level. Then coming to the forums to show it off makes you bad as him if not worse.

Best thing was just report his action for the threat, hit ignore, leave the area, or leave chat channel.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You may want to edit your post, naming and shaming is not allowed in this forum.
    Edit them names out (yours is okay, but you should even get the name of the person in white out) and everything will be fine (I think). Oh, and be fast with doing it, otherwise the thread may be locked nontheless.

^^ This. And do it fast, before a mod wakes up. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    OP,

You continued the conversation after the other person decided to be an *$$hat... and thus brought it on yourself after that point. Also, you go to Ker'rat for a bar fight, not to get your feelings hurt. This is all basic common sense type stuff.

In addition, as others have stated, you need to change your post before you get warned. This thread will likely be deleted anyway so it's not worth the warning.
  • dervian5ouldervian5oul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    This is where you hit ignore on the player or leave that chat channel. And don't go on and add it to fuss when you can just blank him out. Making the fuss keep going and to step to his level. Then coming to the forums to show it off makes you bad as him if not worse.

Best thing was just report his action for the threat, hit ignore, leave the area, or leave chat channel.

Lol seriously? you think posting something on Forums about someonoe being racisit and abusive is worse than anything he said/did? ...

OP,

You continued the conversation after the other person decided to be an *$$hat... and thus brought it on yourself after that point. Also, you go to Ker'rat for a bar fight, not to get your feelings hurt. This is all basic common sense type stuff.

In addition, as others have stated, you need to change your post before you get warned. This thread will likely be deleted anyway so it's not worth the warning.

I did'nt really continue the conversation, at 1st i found him funny.. normal Kur'rat banter.. then he started to become racisit.. i've not read the T&Cs for a long time.. but im sure this is a breach? and i know friends who have there kids on this game with them, would it be ok if he did this to them too?

And Changed Post.. ty for all who warned me..
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It takes two to tango OP, I fail to see the point of this.
    edited August 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It takes two to tango OP, I fail to see the point of this.

The point is, i want to see if Cryptic will do anything about people like this...
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well Cryptic can do very little about this. They can ban the account bit that person can always make a new one. We have a player that uses inappropriate language in ground PvP. He has been banned numerous times. Sometimes multiple times on the same account. Some people might know him. They nicked named a attack pattern after him. Attack Pattern Talon Jones. It has something to do with him logging before deaths. Either way he has personally threatened me and my family in zone chat. He has at least four accounts I know of but they all eventually get unbanned. Wish Cryptic could ban IP addresses.
    320x240.jpg
  • fenix010fenix010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even though he went right for the threats and racist comments you didn't help things by starting it and then continue it with the other guy.

If and when a punishment is handed out all three of y'all should be punished.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uh, wow.

You were both disgraceful. Good job.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The point is, i want to see if Cryptic will do anything about people like this...

You got some heated responses, for sure. But it all started with you saying "learn to build a ship to defend." Ppl don't like smart alicky critique thrown at them by others in chat. Not excusing the rude comments you got back; just saying that telling ppl 'You suck!' usually does more harm than good.

In my native tongue, we have a saying that goes: "He who throws the ball needs to know how to catch." Just sayin'.

Also, if you want to report a player, do so in-game, via the appropriate button. Mods rarely (if ever) allow this sort of thing to be played out via the forum.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And if being a racist little **** is standard in Kerrat, then ****ing delete the place, sharpish.

^ This x1000
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in the 3 yrs ive played, on and off, ive personally gotten to know several
    people who play this game during illness and while in recovery from illness
    and operations. while some flaming and rage chat is to be expected in any
    pvp enviroment.. this guy takes it too far. i think the point the OP is making
    is relevant, the swearing is fine, goes with the territory, however, racism has
    no place in this game, or any other game for that matter, and the cancer
    remarks are sick and infantile.. imagine if you will a teenager who has lost a
    family member and plays this game as a distraction. regardless of what you
    think the OP's intent is behind this post, it is a valid post and should hopefully
    be addressed.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    So..?

Whats the point? Regular chat from Ker'rat...
    That's exactly why i hate PvP.

They can change game mechanics as long as they want, some ppl (too many IMO) will stay the same. No thanks.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • xsilvermanxxsilvermanx Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for editing but tbh I don't think you anonymised this enough. I'd put "Random Nickname @ random handle" and edit some things you were saying. People still could recognize the player by nickname and start of the handle. However that's only my 2 pence, and I'm not a mod.
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This burns me up so badly with his "Cancer Smites the worthless" line, if he was infront of me I'd panel beat his face like a bongo.

I lost my mother to cancer earlier this year and she wasn't worthless she was a legend.

I feel sickened that my beautiful country spawned such a simpering brain dead oxygen thieving waste of flesh.
    edited August 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You got some heated responses, for sure. But it all started with you saying "learn to build a ship to defend." Ppl don't like smart alicky critique thrown at them by others in chat. Not excusing the rude comments you got back; just saying that telling ppl 'You suck!' usually does more harm than good.

In my native tongue, we have a saying that goes: "He who throws the ball needs to know how to catch." Just sayin'.

Also, if you want to report a player, do so in-game, via the appropriate button. Mods rarely (if ever) allow this sort of thing to be played out via the forum.

LOL i love the mentality of STO players sometimes.. :D by saying "learn to build a ship to Defend" he is totaly in his rights to start saying everything he did :D

hahahaha love it.. so dumb yet so funny.. and i dont really think Cryptic will do anything but delete this post :D but hey.. since when have they ever?

If in doubt... DELETE, CLEAR LOGS and Hope people just forget about it.. :D
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »

They can change game mechanics as long as they want, some ppl (too many IMO) will stay the same. No thanks.

I agree... Thats why I find it so fortunate that this kind of chat goes on... The more people who don't want to waste their time looking at c*rap like that, the better the chances Cryptic will focus on PvE for a long time.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »

You just don't need to let it get to you.
    If you just can't, okay, then you may have no choice but to give up on PvP, but I think it's important to learn to deal with such idiots. There will always be people like them in games, on the web and possibly even in real life - let them not dictate what kind of activities you will engage in.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Well Cryptic can do very little about this. They can ban the account bit that person can always make a new one. We have a player that uses inappropriate language in ground PvP. He has been banned numerous times. Sometimes multiple times on the same account. Some people might know him. They nicked named a attack pattern after him. Attack Pattern Talon Jones. It has something to do with him logging before deaths. Either way he has personally threatened me and my family in zone chat. He has at least four accounts I know of but they all eventually get unbanned. Wish Cryptic could ban IP addresses.

True, Cryptic/PWE can't do very much about this, or is too lazy to do something about it. But if someone with some dignity around here would start recording those chats or log them, together with the ongoing discrimination against religions and sexual orientations, and then forward them to a centre somewhere in Brussels, Belgium, called The Centre Of Equal Opportunities, then can Crypict/PWE kiss their azzes bye bye in Europe. This centre doesn't need to sue nor they go to court, they simply ask, correction demand, the providers to block Cryptic/PWE from the nets without an excuse.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
    edited August 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    in the 3 yrs ive played, on and off, ive personally gotten to know several
    people who play this game during illness and while in recovery from illness
    and operations. while some flaming and rage chat is to be expected in any
    pvp enviroment.. this guy takes it too far. i think the point the OP is making
    is relevant, the swearing is fine, goes with the territory, however, racism has
    no place in this game, or any other game for that matter, and the cancer
    remarks are sick and infantile.. imagine if you will a teenager who has lost a
    family member and plays this game as a distraction. regardless of what you
    think the OP's intent is behind this post, it is a valid post and should hopefully
    be addressed.

Ty, shame there are not more like minded people such as yourself in sto..
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not trying to slam Cryptic here because they likely get 100's of frivolous reports daily for every 1 that might be a true violation.

it is hard to know what they do to people that violate the TOS. I've never gotten a warning and they don't inform those that complain what actions they have taken. Chances are they give a warning, then a short suspension, then another before they even start to get serious.

That said there is only one person I have reported repeatedly...was in zone chat constantly spouting TRIBBLE propaganda and hate speech which is actually illegal in some countries. Took about 3 months for this person to vanish and they may have just gotten tired of the game.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You just don't need to let it get to you.
    If you just can't, okay, then you may have no choice but to give up on PvP, but I think it's important to learn to deal with such idiots. There will always be people like them in games, on the web and possibly even in real life - let them not dictate what kind of activities you will engage in.

Now see i totally disagree with you here. i pay a sub to play this game, i should be able to
    play any aspect of it without having to put up with any kind of racist abuse or being told
    to die of cancer. I dont give a rats bottom about the standard verbal diatribe that most
    people use.. im prone to tell peeps to efof on occasion myself, but surely a line has to drawn
    between pvp rage flame, and hateful, cruel personal attacks such as this post is showing.
    now, the OP's apponent may or may not genuinly mean what is being said, either way,
    they should be held accountable for it, shown that a line does exist, and temp banned at
    the very least.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
This discussion has been closed.