test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increased dilithium demand

dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 323 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
With the continuously increasing demand for dilithium, I hope the dev team will see good reason to increase the rewards (fleet credit) for donating dilithium, current rate of 1 = 1 was hard enough to get people to donate their dilithium. I can understand not setting it to say 5=1 but 2 or 3 per (3 is pushing it) should help.
kahless_10438.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    With the continuously increasing demand for dilithium, I hope the dev team will see good reason to increase the rewards (fleet credit) for donating dilithium, current rate of 1 = 1 was hard enough to get people to donate their dilithium. I can understand not setting it to say 5=1 but 2 or 3 per (3 is pushing it) should help.

5:1 should be sufficient, everything else makes dilithium, a TRIBBLE value concerning fleet projects.

As it stands right now at 1:1, is just a poor excuse, in making people have to lose out on FC's.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Starbase system has been around for almost two years. If they haven't changed it by now, they ain't gonna.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only good thing with the increased dil need is that the D:Z would (have to) go down sooner or later (depending how many will use the grind... craft system).
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Seems to be relatively stable around 150-160 dil per zen, even after the crafting came out tbh
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    idkode wrote: »
    Seems to be relatively stable around 150-160 dil per zen, even after the crafting came out tbh

It goes up after every event where you get dil as a reward (crystalline entity shard event for an example), before the first one it was around 100. They just need to increase the demand of it with the supply.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The DL Exchange prices spiked after the last event, which I THINK was Mirror... and didn't drop as expected to pre event levels. It stayed high, and is now staying in the 155:1 range.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cost more no matter what you do.. I am just stock piling Dilithium, until I see a need to use it. Of course in 8742, Dyson, etc projects which requires a huge amount of Dilithium though..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is designed that way. They want you to buy zen and convert it to dilithium to finish these projects. They want you to continuously and repeatedly buy zen to do so. They don't want you to get a higher reward for this dilithium contribution because then you might stop, pause, or enjoy your current fleet progress.

That would halt the (in their minds) flow of money from zen sales.

Can't have that, no-siree-Bob. They want you pushing more and more dil into projects. They want you paying nonstop to bypass artificial barriers they put in place for the express purpose of milking players. Thus, you cannot be rewarded for dil conritbutions.
  • gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is designed that way. They want you to buy zen and convert it to dilithium to finish these projects. They want you to continuously and repeatedly buy zen to do so. They don't want you to get a higher reward for this dilithium contribution because then you might stop, pause, or enjoy your current fleet progress.

Can't have that, no-siree-Bob. They want you pushing more and more dil into projects. They want you paying nonstop to bypass artificial barriers they put in place for the express purpose of milking players. Thus, you cannot be rewarded for dil conritbutions.

Very well said.
  • ryvakenryvaken Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014

...your logic is poor. Of course Cryptic wants to make money off this, Rule of Acquisition 13, nothing wrong with that. But the psychological and behavioral impact of reward mechanisms don't work that way.

Dilithium donations are discouraged by the low payout of those donations. (Point of fact, dilithium returns a higher rate than expertise or energy credits, but dilithium is far more valuable than either currency and the exchange rate is poor). In turn, the low reward for turning in dilithium leads to fleet projects being eliminated as a perceived drain on dilithium by most players.

Increasing the reward of dilithium donations makes such donations viable. It makes them rewarding enough that more dilithium will be donated and, thus, more dilithium will be purchased from the Exchange. And that means more money for Cryptic.

Simple marketing. It's not enough to create the demand, you need your customer to want to pay.
    Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
    As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree this should be changed, but like someone said earlier.. "If they haven't done it by now, they're not going to"

but perhaps if enough threads talk about the 1:1 exchange... and if we hope hard enough... just maybe we might get our wish :D
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    They want you paying nonstop to bypass artificial barriers they put in place for the express purpose of milking players.
    You are playing a free game that requires no spending what so ever and allows you access to a comodity that can be turned in to cash value items. That can only happen IF there is a demand for dil. No use for dil? You cannot sell to other players for zen. Milking you say?

Thus, you cannot be rewarded for dil conritbutions.
    Wrong again. There is a reward.
    edited July 2014
    ryvaken wrote: »
    ...your logic is poor.

I'm sorry, but your logic is WRONG. There have been many discussions about this. Game designers need to make money, but you're presenting a false light on the matter and putting Cryptic in a very angelic light with your comments. As compared to every other game which has tried to make money off of a subscription base or a P2W model, Cryptic has been using deplorable tactics and is on the bottom of a very long list in terms of honorable methods of legitimately making money.

Before you parrot back the ill-fitting defense of "but they have to make money" do a little research and find out how wrong you are to defend them.

You clearly need a primer, so this may be easy to understand:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0

Cryptic is the worst example of the second type. The game that extorts you to pay. Game design by accontants, not players. Nobody at Cryptic plays their own game. They make a big to-do about when they even log in to do pre-scheduled social events with canned interactions and pre-scripted questions.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What nonsense, go play nearly any free-to-play game and you'll be screaming for the pricing model used by this one. It's one of the best in the industry.

In case you've forgotten, you don't even need to build your own fleet's holding up, you can just go buy from another that already has. Such a greedy way of separating you from your money...
    edited July 2014
    Watch the link.
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What nonsense, go play nearly any free-to-play game and you'll be screaming for the pricing model used by this one. It's one of the best in the industry.

In case you've forgotten, you don't even need to build your own fleet's holding up, you can just go buy from another that already has. Such a greedy way of separating you from your money...

Agreed. When it comes to F2P, STO is easily one of the best models.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »

Do not tell to the others, but I guess that Cryptic just want your money! (the real one)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Watch the link.

i watched your vid and it contradicts its self.

1st example of a bad game was making content that you were forced to pay for to play. the money wall. then at the end when they are saying you need to want to spend money they give an example of rare content. if any content is behind the money wall as they promote in the end its the same as what they condemned in the beginning.

so far the way things are now im not forced to pay for anything. and that ok. because of that i did buy many things from the c-store untill i ran out of things to buy. now i have nothing to buy so i have not in a long time. and im a little timid to spend more with them right now because they keep changing the game. and not fixing things that i already spent money on. like the costume slots for my KDF toons.

I only play kdf so a bug that is limited to my faction and never fixed over 2 years now i believe is a problem for me.

so really though if you can get it without spending cash but cash allows you to get it faster thats fine. but when they start letting you pay to lvl up faster or pay is the only way to get content thats not fine in my book.

fleet ship modules and the pay x amount of dil now to complete crafting system are steps in that direction.

my ideal method would be, take the crafting for example.
    do it the normal way with doff and items . or do it with dill only but still have it time gated. so it takes just as long to complete but if you have the money to convert zen to dil you are not forced to spend all the time needed to gather the assorted items. but you gain no time advantage in completing the projects.

i only played 2 other mmos besides this . Ultima Online and i left it when they started allowing people to buy lvls.

and earth and beyond that for some reason died.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree that a 1:1 exchange of dil for fleet credits severely undervalues dil, and something like 1:2 or 1:3 might be more appropriate.

Not going to happen though. Do what I do and use a fleet credit bonus pool before contributing dil, that's the best you can hope for.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I think of it, I realize a bit of a challenge with the Dil earning rate...

Consider, originally (aka before fleet mines), it takes 200,000 Dil to pop those decoration missions and/or the quickie provision runs. It can take in the millions to complete higher level upgrades.

Myself, who spent a few $$$ on dil for the deco projects, already has over 2 million fleet creds. I wonder how "rich" I would be if I was making a bit more than 200,000 FC per completed project.

On the one hand, keeping the 1/1 payout means that it takes massive amounts of Dil to get massive amounts of FC, but keeps the "demand" for dil in projects low because outside of massive contributions, the player doesn't get much for their donation (8,000 FC/day if they toss their standard daily refine into it).

However, if the payrates are high, then it suddenly becomes a race to get the dil (buying it and buying it) to "quick-fill" the projects for the massive stockpiles - and then the complaints begin to roll in like they are now (projects are slotted and they fill as quickly as possible so that nobody else gets the FC...) Nevermind the "economic imbalance" that would start unless they stripped FC from somewhere else - and would, say, fleet marks be desirable if they only paid out 1/2 or 1/4 of what they pay today?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i managed despite the 1:1 ratio, and you can too.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    8472 they have Increased Di-lithium at the end of planet killer run, which you have to stick around for. Voth space battles you get 480 Di-lithium for each battle completed, which stacks up if you stick around all day going back and forth to each of the towers in that space battle zone.

Nimbus 3 Planet you can make over 1K plus 240 bonus extra in Di-lithium if you stick around all day on that planet for the bonus only not the 1K also. Foundry missions and repeatable more dilithium there. Mining on rock in space. I am not not doing. I did go and check it out hopping around in space. I see a few mining the ore.

Rep System Tier 4 and 5 looks like a lot of Di-lithium is required to acquire the new gear. 32K for Rom Hyper Plasma Torpedo, 1.2K for Call in Support of Bird-of Prey you get 10 of those. Best to have over 1K in marks too. Need a lot of resources also EC, Marks, XP and Di-lithium!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!