test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising Wishlist

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
With the upcoming expansion, what are things you want to see added to the game, or changed?

My Delta Rising Wishlist

1. Dilithium Store: For the love of all that is holy, please bring this back, and like yesterday. It was hard enough to gear up an alt using the Exchange before Season 9.5, but the beauty of it was, if you couldn't find what you wanted, you could go and get it from the Dilithium Store for a bit of pink rock. Simple, easy, and most of all, convenient for those who only want to jump in an play. Removing the store is a move to force people into a crafting system that is horrendous, and with nobody crafting, it is harder than ever to get gear, with no fallback. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Dilithium Store, prior to X2 if possible.

2. Breakdown mechanism for Crafting: Bad enough that each thing you make requires multiple green or better components, but when you burn through those green materials, only to get a white item? talk about insulting and much more, painful. Give us a mechanism to break down items into crafting materials, so it won't be quite so painful.

3. Commodore / Fleet Captain Vanity Title: Just like reaching Lieutenant gives you the option of using either "Lieutenant JG" or "Chief" as your title, Starfleet officers should have access to the canonical options of Commodore and Fleet Captain once they hit Rear Admiral, Lower Half.

4. Fleet Captain pips: See Note #3. Once above is addressed, add the 5 pip Captain Rank to the tailor for Fleet Captains.

5. Fly-by Missions: Make the little fly-by missions at the random planets repeatable once every 24 hours. These are the missions at planets like Tazi, Pellme, Beytan, etc. For the player that wants to simply putt around the galaxy, and maybe just go shoot some things. The Exploration Clusters used to provide this opportunity, now there isn't even that option. Consider this a "psuedo-replacement" for Exploration.

6. Expand the Sol System: Add all the planets into the Sol System, and make the map large enough that we can fly by these planets. Be sure to include Utopia Planitia!

7. Expand and Repair the Accolade System & Trophies: Expand the accolade system, and repair the triggers for the old special trophies (which don't seem to get awarded anymore) to go on the walls in our ships. Additionally, add in some of the ships that have been added to the game since launch, but for which no wall mount exists...like the Excelsior, Odyssey, Avenger, etc.

8. Cosmetic On/Off for weapon glowy stuff: Give us the ability to turn off the weird Tron-esque stuff that is on our personal weapons. It looks nothing like Starfleet, and in the end just looks terribad.

9. Captains Pips for Bridge Officers: Would like the ability to put Captain pips on Bridge Officers that are maxed out for Characters that are Admirals. This is canon, as generally speaking Flag Officer adjutants are Captain rank.

Really hoping some of these things make it into (or back into) the game. Would certainly make it more enjoyable.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    #10 The ability to fully customize our FE-rewarded Reman and Embassy-purchased Romulans. :D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    #10 The ability to fully customize our FE-rewarded Reman and Embassy-purchased Romulans. :D

Oh good one!

10a. Ability to put our holo-officer into custom uniform: Since Starfleet has after 4 years standardized on a uniform, it's time to "software-patch" the holo-officer!

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Add space traffic controllers to DS9, Drozana, Qo-nos and every other orbital space zone that doesn't have one so you won't have to waste time flying toward the station/planet just to zone in.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Add space traffic controllers to DS9, Drozana, Qo-nos and every other orbital space zone that doesn't have one so you won't have to waste time flying toward the station/planet just to zone in.

Perhaps a designated in/out setup like ESD has, where the approach lane is where ships warp into the system, but there is a "parking zone" off station and at a distance for people beaming back to their ships from Spacedock?

A really good idea!

More traffic control, less traffic jam!!! :D

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Frankly, I've NEVER understood why the devs don't make the Utopia Planitia Shipyards a permanent map in the game instead of only making it a place we can visit once a yearv for First Contact Day.

Give the Utopia Planitia map a few useful consoles (bank, exchange, mail, etc.) and just let it exist as another place for players to use year round.

Heck, if Delta Rising has all these new/updated ships then Utopia Planitia is going to be working overtime. :)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Frankly, I've NEVER understood why the devs don't make the Utopia Planitia Shipyards a permanent map in the game instead of only making it a place we can visit once a yearv for First Contact Day.

Give the Utopia Planitia map a few useful consoles (bank, exchange, mail, etc.) and just let it exist as another place for players to use year round.

Heck, if Delta Rising has all these new/updated ships then Utopia Planitia is going to be working overtime. :)

Agreed. They spent alot of time building a really awesome area, that we see once a year for like a week? What's that about? You'd think they would want to show off those really nice and great to visit locations as part of their "quality" initiative.

• Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So this is a wish list thread? OK, here is mine.

1. NO GRINDING!
    2. NO NEW REPUTATION CATEGORIES!
    3. FUN CONTENT! (Did I mention NO GRINDING?)
    4. EXPLORATION RESTORED!

I mean why call it Star Trek if battle is the only focus? I and other players joined this game because it was Star Trek, not Battlefield Earth & Beyond. Could we please have some fun and challenges that aren't focused on death and destruction? A substantial part of the game should focus on non-combat activities, just like the shows on Star Trek. Mystery, humor, challenging puzzles, medical emergencies, etc., should be reflected in the game. Sadly, I haven't been thrilled by the blood and gore/to hell with the Prime Directive-type combat from season 7 to season 9.5 and I suspect I am not alone.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Lord, YES!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Delta Rising started mechanical production in December - and was in the planning/approval stage a year before that. Making lists of what you "hope" will be in the update are meaningless - as it is far too late to change what has been in production nearly 2 years at this point to add wishlist items. So you are really just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014

1. NO GRINDING!
    4. EXPLORATION RESTORED!

I mean why call it Star Trek if battle is the only focus? I and other players joined this game because it was Star Trek, not Battlefield Earth & Beyond. Could we please have some fun and challenges that aren't focused on death and destruction? A substantial part of the game should focus on non-combat activities, just like the shows on Star Trek. Mystery, humor, challenging puzzles, medical emergencies, etc., should be reflected in the game. Sadly, I haven't been thrilled by the blood and gore/to hell with the Prime Directive-type combat from season 7 to season 9.5 and I suspect I am not alone.

Amen!! And, believe it or else, I'd wish the same thing for the Klingon side as well. Being a Warrior is MUCH more than simply killing and destroying... fighting. How about a series of content and challenges that focus on everything it means to be a Warrior... especially the positives? Why the hell IS this game called "Star Trek Online", anyway? It wears Star Trek clothes... but you can dress a pig in a sailor suit... doesn't mean he can sail a ship.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everything in my signature. :P
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really besides the general wants there is only two maybe three things I want personally.

I would like a Romulan carrier
    Some new Romulan pets, preferably shuttles
    and well I had another idea or two but my mind is sorta blank

No more insane power creep that leads to endgame missions being done in minutes
    Better end game with more challenge
    Some actual attention shown to PvP
    If there are going to be cruisers and sci ships make actual uses for them a.k.a. actually use the trinity that is non existent right now.

Just make the game more of a challenge in general or at least make elite more challenging, only mmo I've played where instances center around rushing and finished in minutes and PvP all about 1 shotting someone.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

1. NO GRINDING!
    4. EXPLORATION RESTORED!

No grinding? Dear god, casual players strike again
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the ability to repaint our ground weaps like the ship costumizing ships tech. no i dont mean the beam or bolt or wave color i mean the actual weapon like the fleet elite phaser full auto rifle
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I've been asking this for months; nada, so far. At the very least, by the goddess, fix the bug where they lose body-parts!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Some general improvements to Romulan uniforms.

More options for Klingon uniforms.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh and I forgot, I want them to fix Fed aligned Romulans transporter animations...they just stand there and transport instead of using their wrist communicator.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about a storyline that actually manages to be sensible and lore-consistent without plot holes you can spot a parsec away.

Failing that, fix the damn Galaxy already.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Failing that, fix the damn Galaxy already.
    That's sadly what I think is the most likely to happen in this thread.

My biggest(plausible) hope for X2 is for BOFF skills to be independent from their rank. Yes, I know I can have functionally all commanders but have them wear different rank pips, but my OCD wouldn't like that.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2014

2. Breakdown mechanism for Crafting: Bad enough that each thing you make requires multiple green or better components, but when you burn through those green materials, only to get a white item? talk about insulting and much more, painful. Give us a mechanism to break down items into crafting materials, so it won't be quite so painful.

This is the point, just like it is with the loot in this game while you play in team. Great, you have taken down a cube, but as reward you get a slap in the face with the nice greeting : "Thanks for your efforts, kiss your reward goodbye as it goes to another, you dumbass":mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Total and permanent removal of pvp. :)
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another costume slot for our BOffs would be nice. That way I can have a "Bridge" uniform, and a "Away Mission" uniform, coinciding with the standardized uniform policy.

Disagree with the Commodore and Fleet Captain title. Commodore was discontinued, and Fleet Captain is just that, a vanity title.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    a Federation raider style ship (minus the enhanced battle cloak) (high turn rate of 22 or 23 and acceleration/decoration) make it a 4 seat universal Boff layout. And make fleet version with 10 consoles. (Also perhaps it could come in a set from C-store. something like this for console slots ... 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci/3tac 4 eng 3 sci/3 tac 3 eng 4 sci). Flanking bonus also. to compensate for no EBH, make it a 4 fore 3 aft weapon setup.

I would love to zip around in a little agile hit-and-run raider... on the FED side

designs could be based off the following...
    http://www.jetclover.com/tri/ship.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13/12995/Maquis-Carrier_BCH.jpg (although not carrier size - more of a Defiant size, slightly smaller)

perhaps a larger version of the Delta Flyer (to accommodate 50-75 crew and systems

or a larger version of the Federation Scout ship from Insurrection to accommodate 50-75 crew and systems
    http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/insurrection-3.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    a Federation raider style ship (minus the enhanced battle cloak) (high turn rate of 22 or 23 and acceleration/decoration) make it a 4 seat universal Boff layout. And make fleet version with 10 consoles. (Also perhaps it could come in a set from C-store. something like this for console slots ... 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci/3tac 4 eng 3 sci/3 tac 3 eng 4 sci). Flanking bonus also. to compensate for no EBH, make it a 4 fore 3 aft weapon setup.

I would love to zip around in a little agile hit-and-run raider... on the FED side

... And another person who has no concept of the Federation's moral, ethical, or tactical doctrines. Wondered when that crowd would turn up.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    ... And another person who has no concept of the Federation's moral, ethical, or tactical doctrines. Wondered when that crowd would turn up.

pray tell, what moral/ethical/tactical concerns would you be talking about?

I don't see the dilemma. With the threat of the Borg/Undine/Voth/Iconians(possibly), and with the intro of the Kazon/Krenim and other Delta quadrant species, I think the Federation would be completely justified in having a better tactical advantage against any/all aggressors. I see no moral or ethical problems
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    Another costume slot for our BOffs would be nice. That way I can have a "Bridge" uniform, and a "Away Mission" uniform, coinciding with the standardized uniform policy.

Disagree with the Commodore and Fleet Captain title. Commodore was discontinued, and Fleet Captain is just that, a vanity title.

Is it really that big a deal to give players a role-play mechanism (Commodore Vanity title) even if it was discontinued?

By all accounts, about 35% of the ships in game were discontinued long ago, yet, we still see them. Why? Because not everyone subscribes to the same definition of Star Trek. For some, TOS is the best, and for those who are portraying a TOS era character, a Commodore title is fitting and welcome. Just as those who prefer the TNG era would welcome the Fleet Captain title.

Is it really necessary to oppose something that is so minimal in it's impact to you, but would bring happiness to countless others, and affects gameplay in no way, shape or form?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    for the record, Commodore rank is higher than Captain, but lower than Rear Admiral

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    for the record, Commodore rank is higher than Captain, but lower than Rear Admiral

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks

Yes, which fits with my example in the OP.

When you hit Lieutenant, you also unlock "Lieutenant JG" and "Chief", both of which are lower rank titles than the rank you just hit. So unlocking "Commodore" and "Fleet Captain" upon hitting Rear Admiral Lower, would be no different, and gives players alternate canonical flavors, based on their favored era.

And they would certainly be better than the current "Rear Admiral Lower Half" title which is given to us, and which no Admiral was EVER referred to in any of the series or movies. :cool:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I wasn't attacking your idea. I actually like it. just clarifying (maybe I misread it a little)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I wasn't attacking your idea. I actually like it. just clarifying (maybe I misread it a little)

Oh I know, I was merely conversing based on what you posted.

It's all good in the hood! :P