test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising Wishlist

Comments

• hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A new ship in the Miranda style/layout built from either Sovereign or Odyssey pieces.
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2014
    I would like to see a DOFF that extends the time an Attack Pattern is activated.

Do like what they would do with a Marion and online limit 1 per ship.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    A new ship in the Miranda style/layout built from either Sovereign or Odyssey pieces.

I could definitely agree with that!

First time I ever saw this kitbash:

Sovereign / Nebula / Miranda hybrid

I wanted one, really bad! :o

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All I care about right now is them making ground combat not suck.

Failing that, the hair in this game is terribad and needs to be improved badly.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All I care about right now is them making ground combat not suck.

Define "not sucking", please.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Define "not sucking", please.

Not being a boring point and click stand out in the open get shot multiple times and have no tactical concerns whatsoever. The ground combat is the most basic possible in an MMO. It's extraordinarily bad. It's also nothing like we saw on Trek. We never, ever saw them just stand in the open and shoot each other (okay rarely and it involved people dying instantly when we did see it).

They need to completely rip out and revamp all ground maps and rework them to use cover-based mechanics with a better damage model and less stupid magical powers. I'm not saying to make it an outright shooter, but it's just boring how it is now. There is no excitement or sense of urgency or danger, it's just a boring, tired, repetitive, tedious clickfest.

Frankly I don't care what they do as long as they make it more like the Trek we saw on the screen and make it generally more exciting. It's just bad as it stands now. The "revamp" back in Season 4 took a terrible ground combat system and just made it faster so you can skip through it more quickly to get to the fun parts of the game. I'm not sure why that is a thing.

Sadly it sounds so far like this expansion is very ship focused.. but ships in this game are already good and fun. Why not focus on making the other 40% of the game fun too?
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Biggest thing I really want.

Please for the love of god make the pve's more interesting.

At the moment the only ones really enjoyable are

Borg elites
    Crystaline entity elite
    The Undine ones are not bad at all

Smooth fast game play and pay out that's actually worth doing them..

then we go to Azura Nebula and a lot more like it that's way too time consuming and not worth the seconds you put in them when you see the pay out even when finishing them with full bonus/optional/max modifiers what ever you want to call them.

I don't say they are not badly designed some of them look really good but Azura nebula is locked in the way it's designed now with the "spawn" time nothign to be gained.
    The Voth ones I'm not even gonna touch those take way tooo long for an insult as a reward. The big ship go in kill and get out is at the best like ok I guess but the assault the spire thing? I mean come on. I can finish all borg stf's in the same amount of time get over 10 times more omega marks and dil in the same time.

I noticed the Elachi ones are gone. Why would be the question. the insulting rewards would be the answer.

Either boost the rewards or make them have some kind of verry rare reward perhaps for R&D as now is being done with what I've noticed so far.

Oh and please create some kind of Master Elite difficulty PVE's for the best players. not saying ignore the "casual"players but make it more challenging. a good amount of people who do high dps ease through all borg stf's (full cycle for space) within 15-20 minutes.

"we" def. need more challenging pve's

And with season X comming in with the mk XIII and XIV gear the time for completing these pve's will go down even further. so I really really would like to see either new pve's or a completly new more diffucult version of the current elite stf's .

thank you for reading lol I guess had to get it out.

OH !!! AND DON'T TOUCH NWS!!! in fact We could use a more difficult version of this one aswell. I love this one.
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I could definitely agree with that!

First time I ever saw this kitbash:

Sovereign / Nebula / Miranda hybrid

I wanted one, really bad! :o

oh ya that is cool!
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well,,, BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2014
    deleted, wrong thread
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. More long/medium Hair Styles

2. Outfits

3. kdf locked tailor bug fixed.

4. Romulan Alien bug fixed.

:rolleyes:
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Foresight.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to see an Odyssey Refit similar to what they did with the Sovereign class, you know the Regent I believe it is. Would like to see the same bridge but with perhaps a conference room added and new redesigned interiors.

I would also like the Aquarius turned into a unique hangar pet and not a Universal Console, would also like to see it come with its own 180 degree torp. These are my wishes now make it so, so I can give you my money...
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • maxgiovannimaxgiovanni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like a Federation carrier (not just a flight-deck cruiser) that looks like it was designed by STAR FLEET!

Don't get me wrong, the Atrox carrier is a fine ship, but it really doesn't follow the same design asthetics as most other Star Fleet Vessels. Heck, even the back-story has them be a donation from a Federation member world's self defence fleet.

Personally, I would love a Carrier Pod Advanced Research Vessel two hangar carrier for the Federation. Perhaps with Valkyrie Class fighters or scout ships as the hangar pets it comes with. The pod on the Nebula and Magellen Class ships is supposed to be a swappable for mission specific purposes, so why not take advantage of that for something that would only require a relatively minor skin change?

I would also like to see the Sector borders open up. Granted, some mechanism would have to be in place to restrict lower level ships from getting too far away from their starting zones, but Captains should not have to stop at sector borders within their own faction's territory. It's interesting to note that the developers have already done one of the required steps towards making this possible: the removal of the exploration sectors and inorporating them into the most appropriate nearby sector.

And I too would like the BOff's to have their own switchable Shipboard/Away Team uniform options. Perhaps with a toggle or dropdown menue.

For that matter, I would like to see certain story missions automatically put the player and BOffs in appropriate costumes regardless of whether or not the player already has the required pieces. Think of it as a sort of preview: The player might get to see themselves wearing the Diplomatic Uniform during "Diplomatic Orders" or in the Dyson Sphere set during "A Step Between Stars." And then decide if they want to try to get them as full access costume sets for themselves.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like a Federation carrier (not just a flight-deck cruiser) that looks like it was designed by STAR FLEET!

Don't get me wrong, the Atrox carrier is a fine ship, but it really doesn't follow the same design asthetics as most other Star Fleet Vessels. Heck, even the back-story has them be a donation from a Federation member world's self defence fleet.

Personally, I would love a Carrier Pod Advanced Research Vessel two hangar carrier for the Federation. Perhaps with Valkyrie Class fighters or scout ships as the hangar pets it comes with. The pod on the Nebula and Magellen Class ships is supposed to be a swappable for mission specific purposes, so why not take advantage of that for something that would only require a relatively minor skin change?

I would also like to see the Sector borders open up. Granted, some mechanism would have to be in place to restrict lower level ships from getting too far away from their starting zones, but Captains should not have to stop at sector borders within their own faction's territory. It's interesting to note that the developers have already done one of the required steps towards making this possible: the removal of the exploration sectors and inorporating them into the most appropriate nearby sector.

And I too would like the BOff's to have their own switchable Shipboard/Away Team uniform options. Perhaps with a toggle or dropdown menue.

For that matter, I would like to see certain story missions automatically put the player and BOffs in appropriate costumes regardless of whether or not the player already has the required pieces. Think of it as a sort of preview: The player might get to see themselves wearing the Diplomatic Uniform during "Diplomatic Orders" or in the Dyson Sphere set during "A Step Between Stars." And then decide if they want to try to get them as full access costume sets for themselves.

Isn't it that in the real Star Trek series, all cruisers are carriers ? Where the heck do they store their shuttles, delta flyers or whatever they use ? Or are those replicated on the spot in space ?
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it really necessary to oppose something that is so minimal in it's impact to you, but would bring happiness to countless others, and affects gameplay in no way, shape or form?

Actually, yes. I don't subscribe to the "more options is better" way of thinking. At some point a company has to stand it's ground and say no...T5 Connie comes to mind...If Cryptic, or CBS, gives in then someone will want all the MACO ranks, then every rank that was ever mentioned from every species, and so on, where do you draw the line? Then it just gets ridiculous. Besides, no matter what you set your title, NPC's still call you Admiral, and people still see Admiral on your info screen. Seems pointless to me.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    pray tell, what moral/ethical/tactical concerns would you be talking about?

I don't see the dilemma. With the threat of the Borg/Undine/Voth/Iconians(possibly), and with the intro of the Kazon/Krenim and other Delta quadrant species, I think the Federation would be completely justified in having a better tactical advantage against any/all aggressors. I see no moral or ethical problems

You probably never understand what it is to be a knight and not a bandit, be a samurai , not a ninja.
    Starfleet playing the cosmic cop , so he can not kill anyone just around or mugging from behind a corner. This is the very reason why I do not agree that the Federation had weapons of mass destruction as thalaron wave , theta radiation vents or bio-neural Warheads . Instead cloaks Federation should use better sensors such as the antiproton sweep .
    And the example of species 8472 is bad , because it was Starfleet who is 2x attacked them when they teamed up with Borg and Hirogen. Only in the third episode with them showed that they are quite accessible to the hearing.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Isn't it that in the real Star Trek series, all cruisers are carriers ? Where the heck do they store their shuttles, delta flyers or whatever they use ? Or are those replicated on the spot in space ?

But correct me , if we ever saw that Starfleet ships to lauch their fighters during the battle.
    Galaxy is not Galactica .
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Better outfits for the Romulans/Remans. Most of the ones they have are ugly. I would rather put on the uniforms from the other faction on them.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just wish to have access to the nudie bar on Nimbus 3. Been chasing this sweet little orion chick through the alleys on her way home and night. She eludes me. Found out, thats where she works. She wants me, I know it. I've tried many times to sneak in but I need some form of currency called zen. Anyways, I peaked through the side window and seen askray inthere pushing zen down my girls panties. That dirty little.........ahhhhh. I saw her first. What I want In the next expansiion is a Nudie bar built on ESD so I can use my Ec to get in. Oh, how i want thee, My Emerald beauty. (Thats her stripper name. Emerald). Thats what I want in expansion 2. A way to see my girl.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    Actually, yes. I don't subscribe to the "more options is better" way of thinking. At some point a company has to stand it's ground and say no...T5 Connie comes to mind...If Cryptic, or CBS, gives in then someone will want all the MACO ranks, then every rank that was ever mentioned from every species, and so on, where do you draw the line? Then it just gets ridiculous. Besides, no matter what you set your title, NPC's still call you Admiral, and people still see Admiral on your info screen. Seems pointless to me.

Considering that this is a game where Starfleet Officers are more likely to be flying ENEMY vessels (Jem'hadar, Breen, Cardassian, Tholian, Undine, etc) with a crew comprised of a Breen, Borg, Jem'hadar, Reman and an Aethar...

...let it sink in for a moment...

...yeah, I don't see the issue in adding 2 CANON titles (which should have been in the game in the first place) especially considering that the title they give us instead is NOT CANON, and was NEVER used on screen ever.

But that's just me.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A Koro'tinga that looks more modern than its K'tinga predecessor rather than a D4 throwback. The Koro'tinga was supposed to be more advanced than K'tinga or K'tinga refit. Give it a solid neck and nacelles like the Vor'cha and call it the D8.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New Romulus command opened up to Fed/KDF players so the can access the Romulan Doffs.... it makes no sense for Romulans to be able to access the KDF/FED home zones but not return the favor. (I know no one agree's with me on this one) :P

/Doom emote that makes your character shout DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM while it flails its arms around and runs in a circle like an idiot.

Expanded Alien customization options..... plus ALL Liberated Borg options added to Alien if you have an LTS.

More playable species like Cardassians for those that want them along with a character change service (basically puts you back in the character creator) with 1 change free per account within the first week of it going live.

Like others have said, make all none customizable Boff's customizable........
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    You probably never understand what it is to be a knight and not a bandit, be a samurai , not a ninja.
    Starfleet playing the cosmic cop , so he can not kill anyone just around or mugging from behind a corner. This is the very reason why I do not agree that the Federation had weapons of mass destruction as thalaron wave , theta radiation vents or bio-neural Warheads . Instead cloaks Federation should use better sensors such as the antiproton sweep .
    And the example of species 8472 is bad , because it was Starfleet who is 2x attacked them when they teamed up with Borg and Hirogen. Only in the third episode with them showed that they are quite accessible to the hearing.

WTF are you talking about? who cares?

remember this?
    Capt. Picard: I understand what you've done here, Q. But I think the lesson could have been learned without the loss of 18 members of my crew.

Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

I think it's time that Starfleet/Federation became a bit more aggressive (a la Sisko). Perhaps Section 31 needs to be in command of the Fleet
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For Pakleds to give space crit, since Stoked Radio says that they do. ;)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I said in another thread, the Commodore title was purposely left out of the game initially because it didn't fit with the "Starship Captain" theme.
    Commodores were in control of Starbases in the show, not ships.

I doubt we'll see it pop up now.

Since this thread has basically become a general "Wish List"...

I'd like to see a Transporter room added to Star Fleet Academy for beam-ins.

Seems kinda-sorta dumb to be beaming into the "heart" of Star Fleet just any old place.

Also, there would have to be a way for the Commanders of the Academy, to keep track of where and when the cadets are going.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Commodores were in control of Starbases in the show, not ships.

Same as the Admiral title, they never command starships (unless they need to for specific reasons). And we are all Admirals piloting starships.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about a Fleet Excelsior that can be fitted with dual heavy cannons x 3. That is my wish..
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I just wish to have access to the nudie bar on Nimbus 3. Been chasing this sweet little orion chick through the alleys on her way home and night. She eludes me. Found out, thats where she works. She wants me, I know it. I've tried many times to sneak in but I need some form of currency called zen. Anyways, I peaked through the side window and seen askray inthere pushing zen down my girls panties. That dirty little.........ahhhhh. I saw her first. What I want In the next expansiion is a Nudie bar built on ESD so I can use my Ec to get in. Oh, how i want thee, My Emerald beauty. (Thats her stripper name. Emerald). Thats what I want in expansion 2. A way to see my girl.

A strip bar would be nice on Drozana and Nimbus. Love the idea...
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about a Collections Page similar to Neverwinter's page. Sometimes, I accidentally que for a set piece when I already have it.