test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what the eck? 5 seconds to tell me a doff mission is done PER MISSION?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
why? that is quite possibly the stupidest thing yet.

I really don't want to wait 2-3 minutes for the completed mission to count down.
sig.jpg
Post edited by vetteguy904 on

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    wut?
    /10char

every toon I logged into today after the patch, when i went to complete the missions they scrolled across the scree in 5 second intervals.. you have not seen that?
    sig.jpg
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    EDIT:
    every toon I logged into today after the patch, when i went to complete the missions they scrolled across the scree in 5 second intervals.. you have not seen that?

Nope
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It does that for me, too.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did. Too soon yet to tell if it was a one-time occurrence as a result of the attempt to try to fix the KDF mission that was stuck in negative numbers:

(From patch notes)
    "Duty Officers:
    Resolved an issue where some Duty Officer assignments would get into a negative time state and wouldn’t complete."
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can also confirm that this is happening. Getting the "completed" Doff mission pop-ups one by one within a timespan of around 3-5 secs between eachother.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here. Rather strange.

I was then expecting to see a dilithium button somewhere on the doff UI that would finish all of those reports at once... :P
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did. Too soon yet to tell if it was a one-time occurrence as a result of the attempt to try to fix the KDF mission that was stuck in negative numbers:

(From patch notes)
    "Duty Officers:
    Resolved an issue where some Duty Officer assignments would get into a negative time state and wouldn’t complete."

I also assume it has something to do with the new patch notes and maybe the tick rate at which the "doff server" runs. The doff interface has always been updated in bigger timeframes rather than immediately. What seems to be lag might also be the result of a very low tick rate. Now it seems that assignments finish one after another at that low rate. (Which might have solved an issue but sucks gameplay wise :( )
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dgdolph wrote: »
    I also assume it has something to do with the new patch notes and maybe the tick rate at which the "doff server" runs. The doff interface has always been updated in bigger timeframes rather than immediately. What seems to be lag might also be the result of a very low tick rate. Now it seems that assignments finish one after another at that low rate. (Which might have solved an issue but sucks gameplay wise :( )

I believe the extra time is an extra check to clear out stuck missions. I logged one of my Fed toons in, observed the delay at login, cleared out his 23 queued missions, had a stuck "Sick Bay" mission. Waited several minutes to make sure it wouldn't just clear on its own.

Logged out to char select screen, logged back in...again, the 5-6 second delay, but then the Sick Bay mission cleared.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Been getting this too.

Doff missions taking an age to show as complete.

Same problem with my R+D slots.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here. People are complaining about it on the gameplay bugs and doffs and R&D boards, too.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another "great idea" by Cryptic. Start 20 assignments, leave game, return 20 hours later. See all 20 in negative completion time. 2 minutes later they get finished, one at a time, in 5 second intervals.

Yay, it supposedly fixed one of non-issues!
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014

(From patch notes)
    "Duty Officers:

Which does not appear to have fixed it, at least not for me.

On the bright side, it looks like they fixed the doff headers so they're asking for the correct doffs now.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I really don't want to wait 2-3 minutes for the completed mission to count down.

Had the same experience today, after the patch.

Cuz, in fine Cryptic tradition, why bother to exercise some professional pride and actually *test* something first, when you can go back to work on rushing out yet another half-baked expansion?! /sarcasm
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *shrugs*
    even if this is the way its going, nothing to stop me doing something not doff related for a minute or 2.

Which is not the case for people who log in (say before going to work) just to set up their DOFF's and R&D projects.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2014

I too now see wave after wave of completed doff mission 'popping' into the completed tab after I navigate to it, about every 5 seconds a new one is added? what gives PWE?

This definitely was not occurring before August 7th update.

please remove what ever code change or supposed fix you made, and fix the failing to complete doff missions correctly, but without impacting others who have finished a batch of doff missions, so they don't have to sit and wait for their completed tab to 'fill up' with events that completed before we even logged in. :D
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously Cryptic,you should make it your mission to rehire Heretic to fix the mess you've made of the whole doff ui.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *shrugs*
    even if this is the way its going, nothing to stop me doing something not doff related for a minute or 2.

What honestly always baffles me, is that no one at Cryptic ever seems to test their stuff, not even remotely. Or, rather, and bitterly so, *WE* are the testers: except we don't get paid for it, and instead do the paying ourselves, LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same issue here
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same. The previous issue that happened on occasion was easily cleared by switching to a different zone or area. This is just annoying.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is a tad annoying. Have to check if it only happens first time login after patch or every time
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    also got it, its a little annoying to wait a few seconds and see r&d and doff assignments finish seconds after each other one at a time. im sure this will be addressed because its a part of their grinding system, if it doesnt work right they dont get what they want the most. so by next week i would imagine as its not a critical issue it will be fixed.

i also think the doff assignment missions that are on going should be automatically sorted into time remaining instead of the jumbled mess it is. starting from the top with the smallest time left.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Eh, no big deal if it only does this one time. Now if I have to sit through it every day when I log in for doff missions, then that might get annoying.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New and improved DOFF UI! :rolleyes:
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Happened to me last night, on my first login to each character after maintenance.

Now it's happening to me again this morning, on the same characters.
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Had same problem last night. On 8 characters it can... eat into one's play time.
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same,.... specially with R&D and other fast doff missions its really annoying.. -.-
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This really blows. I had it happen to 4 characters in a row as I was switching out and running my rep+RD+doff setups. It was intolerable.

Cryptic screws up again!
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having a real problem with this. I love to login and first thing collect my assignment awards. Its not just a matter of a timed wait, but not knowing how many will eventually complete, and being asked to change my playstyle because of something like this.

I'm generally -very- forgiving and almost never a complainer, but this worries me not just because of this one instance, but because of my fear that they'll deal with much of the rest of DDO in the same way, and I find -that- scary.

All i can say is, I hope this is by accident. One-time to "clear" things I can understand, but this is not only annoying but offends my software-development sensibilities. If it is meant to be a permanent fix, then its not the proper fix.

I wonder if we could get DDO to compensate us 1 DIL for every second extra we wait for an assignment to finish? They ask us to pay them to end them early, why shouldn't they pay us to end them late?
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2014