test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what the eck? 5 seconds to tell me a doff mission is done PER MISSION?

2»

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Problem: Assignments' timers going negative

Cryptic Solution: Make them complete 1 by 1 by giving them a 5 second delay in between completions. Also make R&D behave the same.

Conclusion: Cryptic fails!
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, a 5 second wait? What's the problem?

Its 5 seconds per assignment. So if you have 20 missions loaded, its a 100 second wait for all to tick complete. Longer if there are R&D assignments as well. Then add in other characters and it gets tedious quickly. Not a show stopper, just annoying.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nepsthen wrote: »
    Same. The previous issue that happened on occasion was easily cleared by switching to a different zone or area. This is just annoying.

I don't know where you got that idea but I can tell you now it does not work the previous issue with over running kdf doff missions would not resolve no matter what you did, I tried switching to a different zone and area repeatedly logging the character out and in and even tried cancelling the offending mission, nothing worked and the mission I had over running had over run for over a week and still had not cleared until they applied the fix.

I know the solution they applied is not ideal but its better then the alternative.

there may be a work around but I have not tried yet, I usually clear any completed doff missions before doing anything else, it might be a good idea to skip doffs do another thing that takes a few minutes like my usual 2nd task is maybe the academy lore stuff, that might give the time the system needs to run through the completed tasks and then you can just clear them as usual.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    pro tip.
    do your hourly reps & r&d first, then do your doffs.;)

Well, the R&D stuff is waiting in the same line as the regular DOFF assignments. I may not be able to start anything there, either.

And I am not touching hourly rep missions until after the expansion hits.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been getting this too. Very odd. Freaked me out first time as I should have had about 16 DOFF missions completed and done.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I played on 3 of my chars today n each one i went on i had to wait 5 sec per doff mission for them to resolver once i loged on its never happened to me befor in my years of playing.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Its 5 seconds per assignment. So if you have 20 missions loaded, its a 100 second wait for all to tick complete. Longer if there are R&D assignments as well. Then add in other characters and it gets tedious quickly. Not a show stopper, just annoying.

On my main with 22 Doff mission slots and 4 R+D slots, it's 130 seconds waiting for what used to take far less.

I have twelve characters.

We're talking best part of half an hour.

While not a game breaking thing, this is a serious hit to game Qol.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, one bug fix leads to a new bug, apparently. I see no reason that mission completion should now be "staged" to drop in sequence, when they were all waiting as completed previously...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    pro tip.
    do your hourly reps & r&d first, then do your doffs.;)

Pro tip: your R&D are at the end of the doff timer, so they can't complete before the doff missions do.

good try though.
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    Which does not appear to have fixed it, at least not for me.

I would like to retract that statement, as the "Respond to Subordinate's Challenge" finally did clear today. I'm not sure why it took overnight to clear, but I do have a theory. Before it cleared, the mission switched over to a "Sickbay" mission, and I think that might be where it got stuck initially, in the transition from the first mission to a sickbay mission.

At any rate, it's cleared, and hopefully the devs can sort out this current glitch with the length of time all doff missions take to complete.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Used to be that any assignments that completed while I was offline would be marked as completed almost instantly when I got back in the game. This last patch buggered that up.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    5 seconds of waiting time per mission (doff or R&D).

23 doff slots and 4 R&D slots = 2.25 mins per character.

10 characters = over 22 minutes of WASTED time every day because of this.

Its unacceptable. It is not a fix it is now more broken than ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    its a known issue. it will get fixed.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Check the Bugs Forum - plenty of stuff there on this. Some characters are stuck never clearing either missions or R&D projects. New missions dp clear on completion, older ones have been stuck for days.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Basically some people were experiencing this problem.

The Cryptic "fix" was to make sure everyone now has this problem by adding a special check mission task to the program.

I have played STO windowed since Beta as there are always issues including the "sloading" screens.

Start up your Toon and then do something else for a few minutes.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    Pro tip: your R&D are at the end of the doff timer, so they can't complete before the doff missions do.

good try though.

Yeah, unfortunately, that just demonstrates that R&D missions are just glorified doff assignments. The R&D schools tracks are just new CXP grind disguised as something else and with nicer rewards (traits & unique crafting) at the end.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately, that just demonstrates that R&D missions are just glorified doff assignments. The R&D schools tracks are just new CXP grind disguised as something else and with nicer rewards (traits & unique crafting) at the end.

Sadly that was painfully obvious even before this "fix"...

It's a money grubbing grind mechanic. Under the last system I used my materials and crafted 4 purple mk VI beams for my fleet bank. I knew exactly what color I was getting, what mods would be on it, and got exactly that.

I tried crafting a beam with the new system -- I chose a level of beam that I had more than enough skill for -- and it came out as white garbage, not worth the thousands of ECs and dozens of materials that it cost to craft. On top of that I have to pay money for store-bought modifiers which are consumed upon use just to get it to be purple??!??!!?

Hell of a ripp-off. Nothing more.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New and improved DOFF UI! :rolleyes:

Hey, I'll bet it's to help 'immersion' - all you need is a Conference Table and your Boffs seated around it with their mouths moving and the Doff mission completions roll in...;)

[But yes, it's interesting how this 'improved Doff UI' had the result of increasing their database transaction load to the point where it can't really keep up as Doff missions are completed. Under the old setup, it was so fast, the missions would be put in 'completed' status as you were still loading in; and if the server were really crowded you MIGHT catch one or two such completion messages out of 23. I'm still trying to understand how they can claim the new Doff UI as an improvement myself - because the backend sure seems overloaded by what the new Doff UI is doing when completing missions.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."