test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delayed mouse click issue

dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Only during STO do I encounter this. I would left click on the gui or object and the click does not register. If I click and hold for a 1/4 of a second the action will register. If I click and hold, the cursor takes 1/4 of a second to disappear.

I do not experience this issue in any other application. Other games, firefox/chrome, flash player games, or my desk top. It appears to be only associated with STO.

And I have the same issue with any mouse, be it wireless or hardwired. Microsoft or logitech brands

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue or perhaps know of a fix?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Post edited by dahminus on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I encounter click delays all the time in STO, and I suspect its a Client/Server Sync issue, where the delay is being caused by the Server response across the network due to network latency...

All of the other cases you quote are all completely local to your host, and don't involve Client/Server sync issues...
  • t9andromat9androma Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know of a fix for this, it drives me nuts. It is especially apparent when deleting IG mail or using the exchange. I have fast and reliable broadband and no such problem except IG.

Please help
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I use Logitech G Mouse and Keyboard Set point drivers and run the services for both of them in the background. Of course you can only do what you can. There is buffer I/O device that get filled up too. Any memory release program can free up the buffer I/O for you.

In all make sure your using the latest driver for your keyboard and mouse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sadly this issue has been going on for years. For me it is most apparent while in combat. I sometimes have to spam/click a hotbar skill 10-20 times before the skill will trigger. As the op suggests, this is the only game I have this issue in. I do not experience this issue in any of the other 5 mmo I play. Or in any of the other 3 on-line fps I play.
    1kltX02.jpg