New oddy uniform color layouts

13»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,423 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I heard he did a Mirror Universe as well

No, I asked him about that. He said he hadn't heard anything about Mirror Universe, but hoped that they do something brand new if they ever do revisit the MU.

I made up some possible MU variants using available assests for consideration that I sent to him, but no word.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, I asked him about that. He said he hadn't heard anything about Mirror Universe, but hoped that they do something brand new if they ever do revisit the MU.

I made up some possible MU variants using available assests for consideration that I sent to him, but no word.

Ah ok would love to see a MU uniform. Has there been anything said on a rank increase to Admiral/Fleet Admiral?
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The only thing that bugs me is that the flag uniforms are Veteran uniforms. I wish they were free for silver members as well. T__T;
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,423 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    ricosakara wrote: »
    The only thing that bugs me is that the flag uniforms are Veteran uniforms. I wish they were free for silver members as well. T__T;

Not gonna happen, but you can use the non-Veteran variant:

4za9Tu1.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    can't find the lower tactical trousers,where are they ?
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pwefail wrote: »

They trousers used for the enlisted tactical uniforms are those used for TWOK uniform. You'll find them with that.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Query; has anyone played "The Doomsday Device" device since the Odyssey uniform was standardised? Commander Burgess and Lt. VanZyl's department stripe doesn't seem to match any of the 'normal' departments, not 'tactical' red or 'operations' gold and while it seems blue, it's not as bright as 'Sciences' blue... If I had to say anything, I'd almost say that it's a dark blue like the "Federation Forces" that appeared in ST: V (Final Frontier) wore... So, what does that make them, then, MACOs or something?

drogyn1701 wrote: »
    In fact I'm thinking about putting one my crews in the Odyssey Dress uniforms, but with Wrath of Khan colors.

Hey, if you haven't already done so, how about posting some sceenshots of that when you do it so we can have a look? That's always been my favorite uniform and even without access to them, I enjoy the way the O-dress-ey uniform throws back to it, so I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks in the WOK colors...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Query; has anyone played "The Doomsday Device" device since the Odyssey uniform was standardised? Commander Burgess and Lt. VanZyl's department stripe doesn't seem to match any of the 'normal' departments, not 'tactical' red or 'operations' gold and while it seems blue, it's not as bright as 'Sciences' blue... If I had to say anything, I'd almost say that it's a dark blue like the "Federation Forces" that appeared in ST: V (Final Frontier) wore... So, what does that make them, then, MACOs or something?

I think it would be a good idea if that question were addressed to Thomas Marrone on his twitter account here. Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account otherwise I'd gladly have passed your query on to him.

I actually have an Odyssey uniform question too and I'd be very grateful to anyone with a twitter account to pass it on to Thomas Marrone for me. My question is "along with all the Odyssey uniforms introduced were two new Odyssey combadges...but neither are used in the colour guides you created for them. Why is this?"

If anyone out there with a twitter account could pass both turbomagnus' and my queries along to Thomas Marrone that would be great! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pwefail wrote: »

Tight category.
  • Options
    dips62dips62 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    alan1701h wrote: »
    I think it would be a good idea if that question were addressed to Thomas Marrone on his twitter account here. Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account otherwise I'd gladly have passed your query on to him.

I actually have an Odyssey uniform question too and I'd be very grateful to anyone with a twitter account to pass it on to Thomas Marrone for me. My question is "along with all the Odyssey uniforms introduced were two new Odyssey combadges...but neither are used in the colour guides you created for them. Why is this?"

If anyone out there with a twitter account could pass both turbomagnus' and my queries along to Thomas Marrone that would be great! Thanks in advance!

I believe I've seen answers to both of these:

1) Cdr Burgess and Lt VanZyl are Starfleet Intelligence. This also applies to the guy in T'Nae's office (DeSoto?). He gave them black division stripes and no departmental symbol on the comm badge.

2) He preferred the look of the original STO badges over the ones he designed for the Oddy uniform. Something about how they (the old ones) harkened back to TOS, and the new ones didn't turn out the way he wanted. The new ones were released just in case anyone wanted to use them, but the standard is the STO-original ones.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can see that... T'Par ("In The Cover of Night") is nominally Intelligence (Actually Section 31) and she wears the same uniform, so that makes sense...

Well, that also means we now know (roughly) what colors and combadge to use if we want an Intelligence officer (or Captain) on one of our characters...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dips62 wrote: »
    I believe I've seen answers to both of these:

1) Cdr Burgess and Lt VanZyl are Starfleet Intelligence. This also applies to the guy in T'Nae's office (DeSoto?). He gave them black division stripes and no departmental symbol on the comm badge.

2) He preferred the look of the original STO badges over the ones he designed for the Oddy uniform. Something about how they (the old ones) harkened back to TOS, and the new ones didn't turn out the way he wanted. The new ones were released just in case anyone wanted to use them, but the standard is the STO-original ones.

Brilliant! Thanks for answering those! Much appreciated! :)
  • Options
    dozer2009dozer2009 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the new updates for the Ody uniforms in Season 9.5. I do have one complaint that I hope gets resolved. I can't use cadet ranks on the Ody Tac uniforms. I have a 4th year cadet serving on the bridge of one of my ships and I can't move him into the Ody Tac uniform without promoting him to ensign or leaving him without rank insignia.
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One oddity I found with the new uniforms is that they are using a 23rd century insignia as a combadge. I think in the 25th century they should have a newer standardized combadge.

I was also playing the mission "Of Bajor" and the cutscene of the recording of the signing of the Treaty of Bajor is showing the new uniform, which didn't exist in the 2375, just a small inconsistency, nothing game-breaking.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »
    One oddity I found with the new uniforms is that they are using a 23rd century insignia as a combadge. I think in the 25th century they should have a newer standardized combadge.

I was also playing the mission "Of Bajor" and the cutscene of the recording of the signing of the Treaty of Bajor is showing the new uniform, which didn't exist in the 2375, just a small inconsistency, nothing game-breaking.
    some of those other cutscenes also show ships that definitely were never involved in the dominion war, and some in fact hadn't even been invented by that point - like the mogai

just something you deal with until they decide it's worth devoting time to change
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »

I think its a bit odd for them to give us 2 versions of the "odyssey combadge" and not use them on NPCs

Also I remember encountering an Odyssey uniform in the mission "Everything Old is New" that was really out of place, I hope they have rectified that error
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I homebrewed an enlisted variant for the medical uniform by blending the Medical Service and Enlisted Service variants. In this case it belongs to a hospital corpsman with the rank of chief petty officer.

EnlistedMedical_zpseb35a620.png
    • Upper: Odyssey H12 I1 E8 I1
    • Badge: Sciences Insignia A11
    • Belt: Odyssey H12 H5 J2 J4
    • Lower: The Wrath of Khan Q12 H3
    • Feet: Boots Soft H8 H8 H8

* Optional. I headcanonned the officer insignia of chief through captain as being reused for enlisted personnel through master chief petty officer, with the enlisted color pattern being the distinguishing feature between commissioned and non-commissioned personnel. In this case, as a chief petty officer Anoeza Watkins uses the two silver, one black of a lieutenant commander (a master chief would use the captain insignia, a crewman would use chief). You can just use the "chief" collar pin if you want.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    gubbi123gubbi123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A Bortas Guide ?
    I love the Klingon Uniform