What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - July 25, 2014

Comments

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for fixing the Fluidic Kit Modules!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2014
    The problem with this module is the 100% crit chace that gives to the user! 100% CRIT CHANCE for a hole team!! Is ridiculus! Cryptic, dont turn this easy game in to more easy! And is making GPVP unplayable! Plz, reed our feedback and consider it! 100% crit chance is ridiculus!

Maybe GPvP players might just consider not slotting the Motivation module during GPvP matches, problem solved for GPvP. :eek: :rolleyes:

Nah never happen gotta have every advantage you can. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks like my party amp's will be stored, so time to bring out the fire extinguisher ( or the bio-thermal dampner... hmmmm decisions ).
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Maybe GPvP players might just consider not slotting the Motivation module during GPvP matches, problem solved for GPvP. :eek: :rolleyes:

Nah never happen gotta have every advantage you can. :P

I have always advocated a different set of item and ability bonuses for PVP and PVE.

Maybe "This ability is only 10% efficient against players" stuff?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    [*]The Crit Chance and Crit Severity from Rally Cry can now only stack twice team-wide.
    [*]The benefit of Captain’s Gain from Squad Command has been reduced.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Motivation:
    • Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
    • Reduced healing maximum before it expires.
    • The effects of Motivation can no longer be stacked by using multiple copies on a team.
    [*]Deadly Intent:
    • Reduced base duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds, but this can now be increased with skill in Special Forces.

If they ever bothered to have these things tested properly in the first place or at least exercise some forward thinking when introducing these items into the game, then there would be no need to constantly swing the nerf bat at them.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    [*]Duty Officers:
    • Added the "Gumarre" Duty Officer, to the Dilithium Reclaim Store.
      • Captains can only reclaim him if he is not on the Roster.
      • Captains must have reached 1500 skill in the old/retired Crafting System in order to claim him.

/thumbs up
    [*]A new item has been added to GPL stores: The Subspace Party Nullifier.

/another thumbs up
    Known Issues:
    [*]Severe lag in the Foundry system.

Sooooooooo the Foundry lag problem has not been fixed? Even though it occurred at least once in the past? :(
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Please make them redeem your Voporak points by turning in 10 at a time and watching a clock count down 15 minutes before turning in the next 10.
    There...fixed that for you.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    If they ever bothered to have these things tested properly in the first place or at least exercise some forward thinking when introducing these items into the game, then there would be no need to constantly swing the nerf bat at them.

Except for its a genius bit of exploitation. You introduce a new weapon with overwhelming power/benefits. The PvP community gets their hands on it and begin tilting the balance of power in PvP matches. Other players do what they can to aquire the new weapon or the debuff (if available) to stop it. Thus starts the mad grab for the new shiny. Eventually once the max amount of revenue has been generated from the increased activity the new skill is nerfed and rendered as valuable as all of the other stuff. Shininess gone.

That's just good capitalism. Create a product which creates demand.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Except for its a genius bit of exploitation. You introduce a new weapon with overwhelming power/benefits. The PvP community gets their hands on it and begin tilting the balance of power in PvP matches. Other players do what they can to aquire the new weapon or the debuff (if available) to stop it. Thus starts the mad grab for the new shiny. Eventually once the max amount of revenue has been generated from the increased activity the new skill is nerfed and rendered as valuable as all of the other stuff. Shininess gone.

That's just good capitalism. Create a product which creates demand.

Capitalism is bad, mkay? Unless you are a Ferengi, than it makes your ears engorge!

Anyway, exploiting a playerbase is bad, while adding more internal testing is good!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Capitalism is bad, mkay? Unless you are a Ferengi, than it makes your ears engorge!

Sorry to break it to you, but capitalism is the method democratic societies have chosen to use to spur economics. Cryptic has a F2P model, it is not a Non Profit organization.

Besides, isn't there a Ferengi rule that says war is good for business?
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    [*]The benefit of Captain’s Gain from Squad Command has been reduced.[/LIST]

I know what squad command is but what is Captain's Gain?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    I know what squad command is but what is Captain's Gain?
    i think it means that any powers your character is using that benefitted from that skill in some way will no longer benefit as much...so basically, if that's actually what it is, any power affected by squad command that's used by a player just got nerfed
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    If it was worded 'the captain's gain from Squad Command' instead of "The benefit of Captain’s Gain from Squad Command has been reduced' I would think the same. Capping 'Captain's Gain' makes it seem like a power.
  • Options
    danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Should have made the nullifier a Zen store item. Then you could have at least made back the money it took to have someone code it in the game to make these morons happy.

Only if they also put the amplifier into the Zen Store as well. Imagine the profit they would have made from the large amounts of amplifiers I see going off in game. They'd be almost as much of a profit maker as the lockbox keys. That way, they could have made back the money it took to have someone code that into the game, and then some.

-END OF LINE
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A new item has been added to GPL stores: The Subspace Party Nullifier.
    • This will render its owner immune to the jovial effects of the Subspace Party Amplifier for as long as it is held in the inventory.

This almost make me dance.
    That and the repaired CellShip.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    This almost make me dance.
    That and the repaired CellShip.

Lol. Makes me want to dance too, of my own volition. Not a troll's...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Duplicate of the next
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please make sure that the Soliton Wave Generator actually makes it to the Reclaim Tab?

Thanks
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am absolutely NOT a fan of nerfing powers players have spent resources on. This time we are not talking about fixing a bug that makes something better than intended, but straight nerfing. Definitely wouldn't have bought Motivation with the new stats.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am absolutely NOT a fan of nerfing powers players have spent resources on. This time we are not talking about fixing a bug that makes something better than intended, but straight nerfing. Definitely wouldn't have bought Motivation with the new stats.

Then you know nothing about ground. Motivation is still extremly OP and game braking.

But I guess Cryptic still think that protecting a few PVE heros that need this overpower module and spend 400k (exchange prize) on a module is better than protecting a hole aspect of the game and a community.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Motivation was good for PVE. Ground EStfs needed it.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Once they go nerf, they never want to go back.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    motivation is 1.7m, not 400k
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Then you know nothing about ground. Motivation is still extremly OP and game braking.

But I guess Cryptic still think that protecting a few PVE heros that need this overpower module and spend 400k (exchange prize) on a module is better than protecting a hole aspect of the game and a community.

When I bought it, it was 2 million on the exchange.:rolleyes: And the main reason I bought it was that Cryptic is constantly forcing my tactical captain in ground missions where he can't take his medic and engineer with him. Testing and balancing should be done before you selll something.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Motivation was good for PVE. Ground EStfs needed it.

I still can't wrap my head around this statement. Ground STFs are so easy it's become a joke.

Nerf motivation more please. 100% crit chance should not exist.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nulonu wrote: »
    I still can't wrap my head around this statement. Ground STFs are so easy it's become a joke.

Nerf motivation more please. 100% crit chance should not exist.

Easy to the elitist min-maxing 1% perhaps, but not to the rest of the playerbase.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1%? Are you kidding me? ANybody in white gear can easily destroy the STFs once they have learned how to do them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Please make them redeem your Voporak points by turning in 10 at a time and watching a clock count down 15 seconds before turning in the next 10.

Congratulations, the "comment of the week" title goes to you /applause
    Easy to the elitist min-maxing 1% perhaps, but not to the rest of the playerbase.

not this [redacted] again. i swear to god, i'll arrange a ground run for you to get all the opts you want with my fleet buddies, just to make you stop this b*tchin' around with this omg-ground-stfs-are-hard cr*p and to show you how easy they are if everyone in the team knows what to do...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if they are aware of the problem I have on KDF character that I submitted a bug report where when I did a loadout change where one of my exotic particle doffs has been purged.