Season 10 Conspiracy

2»

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ataloss wrote: »
    I'll keep this short and sweet.

I feel that Cytpic is intentionally making us (the player base) upset on purpose. So that Season 10 will be their chance to redeem themselves.

Hear me out.

A 10th anniversary is a big deal in humanity. We often celebrate the 10th year of;
    Birth, Marriage and memorial (to name a few).

What if Season 10 is going to literally wipe the slate clean. What if Cryptic has a ever growing list of suggestions/bugs that they've kept secret from us? What if they have another server where they can internally test any/everything prior to sending it to Tribble. What if they have a small team of 4 people working on bugs and suggestions.

It's obvious they've mastered how to dodge the hard questions and comments. It's obvious that only a handful of their dev's (What's up Tacofangs :)), DARE come down to this forum to mingle with us Star Trek monsters.

This is just my 10 cents. I can't think of any other explanation as to why so many things have happened in the past 4 seasons that irritated the player base; Unless they plan to redeem themselves in our eyes with season 10.

Maybe, they will give us what we've been begging for. The ability to make our own Bridge officer layout for our ships (provided we pay the Zen first and it be a one time only conversion). For example I can sacrifice an ensign in order turn a Lieutenant slot into a Universal Lieutenant Commander slot.

scotty explains how an engineer sandbags to gain the rep for a miracle worker :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The thing about conspiracy theories is, that they are always wrong, and rather silly.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    The thing about conspiracy theories is, that they are always wrong, and rather silly.

sometimes a conspiracy theory fits the facts perfectly even though there are those same reputable people who try to claim otherwise, however its trying to nail down to the connection to each point thats the issue without a hammer to do it.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Haha. Not always. For instance, the Mafia was considered a "conspiracy theory" at one point.

However, conspiracy theories like the OP or shapeshifting reptilians ruling the planet? Yes, most certainly they are wrong and silly.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sometimes a conspiracy theory fits the facts perfectly even though there are those same reputable people who try to claim otherwise, however its trying to nail down to the connection to each point thats the issue without a hammer to do it.

Thats kinda the point... It's people who are so confused and... well... nuts that they have to create some fantasy.

It's a sign of some mental illness (that I can't remember the name of right now)... They use real life events to fit into their fantasies, trying to drag others down with them...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I feel that Cytpic is intentionally making us (the player base) upset on purpose. So that Season 10 will be their chance to redeem themselves.

No, Cryptic is doing these things for money.

They don't care how broken something is (they don't bother looking at their own feedback threads for tribble apparently) or how faction diversity has been sacrificed for lockbox key sales.

They.
    Do.
    Not.
    Care.

As long as players keep throwing money at them, they have no reason to change or correct their very obvious mistakes.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    They.
    Do.
    Not.
    Care.

Well actually they do... Because of the very same reason you yourself mentioned: They want to make money.

But you are right, in the manner that they dont care the way some/most of us think they should.
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    No, Cryptic is doing these things for money.

They don't care how broken something is (they don't bother looking at their own feedback threads for tribble apparently) or how faction diversity has been sacrificed for lockbox key sales.

They.
    Do.
    Not.
    Care.

As long as players keep throwing money at them, they have no reason to change or correct their very obvious mistakes.

That's kind of a mystery to me. If they are making money, then who are the people that keep giving them money?

The lockbox is nothing but a glorified lottery ticket, the cash cow know as the JemHadar Attack ship has made them so much money, that they believe every other ship will do the same. Is that source of review the foundation they built this cash grab upon?

Have they decided that as long as they keep making lobi ships (instead of Zen ships), then do not have to focus on any other content?

I know a lot of you reading this think I've lost what little marbles I have (and by the way, I'm smoking Oxygen), and you're right because this constant foolery is stripping me of my sanity. I'm at the point where Cryptic has done so many stupid business moves (consecutively) that it just baffles me. Their has to be some logic to it. It's been happening to long and to often just to be coincidence.

But then again, that leads to another question. If what they're doing is intentional and they only care about money, then when will it reach a boiling point? If they know that they can do anything they want, remove anything they want, TRIBBLE up anything they want; as long as they keep releasing shiny new ships for people to collect, then what will cause them to stop?

If their really is a group of players (I presume a small group), that keeps paying Cryptic money, I would ask them to stop please. Because they are the ones funding this nonsense. How do you sleep at night knowing that you are funding the systematic destruction of Star Trek? how can you (whom funds this cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control), continue without a second though?
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If their really is a group of players (I presume a small group), that keeps paying Cryptic money, I would ask them to stop please.

Yes there are, free to play is mostly about a small group of players paying big money each. Developers tend to call them "whales". They basically pay for the game for you. We llittle guys basically don't matter much anymore, the people who were putting omni-directional beams on the exchange a day after S9.5 was released do. The rest of us are pretty much just here so those guys have someone to play with. You know, they need people in the queues, fleetmates for them etc.

Also, i'm pretty sure that most things cryptic did lately were pretty succesful from a $$$ point of view. The new crafting system and the xindi box almost certainly already made good money. It's hard for me to believe that the intent behind the new crafting system was to let you level it up for free in a relatively short time. The instant finish for dilithum option is there for a reason.

There are a bunch of studies on the psychology of f2p, and it's worth looking into even if it's just to be aware how people are trying to get you to spend.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thats kinda the point... It's people who are so confused and... well... nuts that they have to create some fantasy.

It's a sign of some mental illness (that I can't remember the name of right now)... They use real life events to fit into their fantasies, trying to drag others down with them...

if those same reputable people gave some room or in other words gave a small hammer to nail down the point between a conspiracy and the truth, some of these supposed conspiracy are actually true. sure some of it is pure.. well loaf like substance but some of it has some real merit. to me all these thoeries on space from the likes of stephen hawking and the moon landing, were never proven to be true, there is still no one that has gone out there as an independent source to verify this claim the americans landed on the moon, i cant imagine the surface of the moon as changed much. same with these missions to mars to use romote controlled machines, how do i know its not just some computer generated fake to get me to beleive whatever tripe exists. so yeah, lots of stuff is all in the air as you say a fantasy created by delusional people.. funny isnt it?

my point is that there are some things that were considered a conspiracy theories but had some facts to back em up to fit exactly and eventually proof and then the hammer to nail the point, look back to the earth being round instead of sailing off its edge :P, the earth circling the sun instead of the other way around :D and finally misconceptions about space in tv films instead of exploding in vacuum :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's kind of a mystery to me. If they are making money, then who are the people that keep giving them money?

The lockbox is nothing but a glorified lottery ticket, the cash cow know as the JemHadar Attack ship has made them so much money, that they believe every other ship will do the same. Is that source of review the foundation they built this cash grab upon?

Have they decided that as long as they keep making lobi ships (instead of Zen ships), then do not have to focus on any other content?

I know a lot of you reading this think I've lost what little marbles I have (and by the way, I'm smoking Oxygen), and you're right because this constant foolery is stripping me of my sanity. I'm at the point where Cryptic has done so many stupid business moves (consecutively) that it just baffles me. Their has to be some logic to it. It's been happening to long and to often just to be coincidence.

But then again, that leads to another question. If what they're doing is intentional and they only care about money, then when will it reach a boiling point? If they know that they can do anything they want, remove anything they want, TRIBBLE up anything they want; as long as they keep releasing shiny new ships for people to collect, then what will cause them to stop?

If their really is a group of players (I presume a small group), that keeps paying Cryptic money, I would ask them to stop please. Because they are the ones funding this nonsense. How do you sleep at night knowing that you are funding the systematic destruction of Star Trek? how can you (whom funds this cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control), continue without a second though?

Do you like Xindi ships? or hirogen ships? if the answer is yes, then you should be grateful for lockboxes. They are THE ONLY WAY CBS LETS US HAVE THESE SHIPS
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OP, hopes things will get better? Like I always said technology, developers, creative marketing, tribble server (aka beta testers) and us the players can make a difference to STO beyond the different seasons to come out soon! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if those same reputable people gave some room or in other words gave a small hammer to nail down the point between a conspiracy and the truth, some of these supposed conspiracy are actually true. sure some of it is pure.. well loaf like substance but some of it has some real merit. to me all these thoeries on space from the likes of stephen hawking and the moon landing, were never proven to be true, there is still no one that has gone out there as an independent source to verify this claim the americans landed on the moon, i cant imagine the surface of the moon as changed much.

STOP! Before this gets legs. It's very easily verifiable that Americans have landed on the Moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as 'conspiracy is always wrong', that is not always the case - lol. /Funny answer over

And 'do not care'? If you've seen the Behind-the-scenes videos of Cryptic studios from podcasts, and the large amount of ST memorabilia the members have, you wouldn't claim that so easily. And then there's the 'making money' bits, and taking orders from the higher-ups, and various other considerations they have to meet.

Plus their decisions always have to (try and) cater to the majority of the game, and these forums aren't that big a majority. And when it is, it's the very vocal portion, who sometimes don't help with all the venom, justified or otherwise

My little opinion (from a never-disappointed player)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.