test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xindi Tac Boff Special traits inactive

firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The two special traits with the shiny Xindi BOffs are broken, as inactive, by default. The player can't activate them manually, and they're not activating in combat either (I checked only in space combat though), this way, the space trait is useless.
screen
<3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
Post edited by firekeeperhu on

Comments

• Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm having the exact same issue.
  • Options
    laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My main keeps crashing as ESD loads but my other is on Risa and it loads fine. Need to find out why ESD and fix that.
    syW94ht.jpg
  • Options
    decker03decker03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, both special traits are not marked as active and thus not functioning at all.

gj Cryptic

decker999
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the reports. I'm investigating the issue.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same here. Not happy considering it cost 300 lobi!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't want to make faulty assumptions but I'm not sure it got fixed. The traits shown as active now, but I don't see any cooldown improvements whatsoever. The effect isn't show on the skill tooltips either.

edit: measured it with stopwatch, my cooldowns are the same with or without him.
    <3 Defiant <3

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I worried this thread will be forgotten, so I submitted a ticket yesterday about the issue. I got the response really quick:
    "Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are encountering some issues with a special trait. Based on the information you've provided your issue may be the result of a currently unknown game play bug. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control.
    ..."
    and I'm perfectly okay with it, I know it'a just some little bug, which only affects 0.0000001% of the playerbase, it isn't at the first place on your priority list, and I don't expect to throw away everything and fix this immediately.

That being said, I would like if you can adress this problem in the "known issues" section in the release notes as long as it's broken, otherwise I won't have other choice but continue to submit tickets and b*tch about it in the forums.

Keep up the good work! ;)
    <3 Defiant <3

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    We've looked into this and as far as we can see, it's working. The cooldown reduction is only 5%. On a 30 second cooldown, that's 1.5 seconds, which just doesn't display well in our UI.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Lol, equip 3 for 4.5 seconds reduction. Wow, I'll stick with my humans, they work harder.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We've looked into this and as far as we can see, it's working. The cooldown reduction is only 5%. On a 30 second cooldown, that's 1.5 seconds, which just doesn't display well in our UI.

well i'm sure it did not imporve a single second on my 1 minute cooldown, i measured it myself. but if you say it's working, maybe the problem is specific in my case.
    although this 5% reduction is hardly worth the price, i guess my 300 lobi is now officially thrown out the window. it's just not enough compared to SRO or even Pirate and leadership, so i won't use him anyway. i should've listened to that inner voice and not fall for the tooltip.

you guys should put in some effort in the boff space trait area, to give us something that at least worth considering to use instead of SRO.

but anyhow, thx for the support.
    <3 Defiant <3

• Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They should have made the boff Insectoid. Then it would have made sense that it would be bugged. :P