test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top 20 map requests.

Comments

• thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nimbus III, Solanae Sun base interior, SFA.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    Ok guys, here is the list so far for you to take a look at. I tried to name everything as best I could, but if anyone knows a better or more accurate name for a map, let me know.

This isn't the poll yet, that's in a separate file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11F_msmP94mhV5nocsuq2jh8GW5WNHSVe7XermYF8mi4/edit?usp=sharing
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather have the Target Alpha interior ("Turnabout") than the base. It's more generalized, so authors should be able to do more with it.

Also, the Khnial interior should be called "Borg-enhanced Romulan interior"; a better example of an assimilated Romulan interior would be the Areinnye from "Where Angels Fear to Tread". Which should also be an option. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice work, Drogyn.

To fill in some gaps:
    • The new Vega colony is from the mission "Assimilation of the Innocent"
    • The most recent version of the shuttle bay can be found in "Training Cruise"
    • The Player-ship Conference Lounge is featured in the mission "Stand Off" which should be easier to find.

You also might want to note that the current ESD lacks Club 47. I also have to ask how does the I.K.S Targ differ from the standard KDF interior. Is one or the other inherently better?
    edited July 2014
    The Player-ship Conference Lounge is featured in the mission "Stand Off" which should be easier to find.

It's also in "Cold Call".
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say RE: the USS DeWitt interior. I'd rather wait and get a version of it with the Origin assets used for the inevitable revamp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say RE: the USS DeWitt interior. I'd rather wait and get a version of it with the Origin assets used for the inevitable revamp.

Problem is it may never happen. Any thoughts of interior revamps seem to have gone the way of battlezone dinosaur mounts.

Realistically, the only maps we have a chance of getting are ones that exist right now.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah, that sort of thing is why we should make cluster map lists now while we still can.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I'd love that star map from "A Step Between Stars". Or at least the Bepi 113 map from "Night of the Comet". Those maps could be used for a lot of different scenarios.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like any and all of the maps listed so far. I would love, if the foundry generator could accommodate and handle it, being able to create interior ground maps that are modular like the Neverwinter Foundry is able to do. Selecting corridors and rooms to make and create custom interiors to the authors preference.
    edited July 2014
    Just a heads up for everyone, on Monday I'm going to post the results of the costume poll and give them to Taco to pass on. A week seems like a good voting window, don't need to drag things out.

When that's done I'm going to open up the poll for this map request list. I won't be accepting any more requests after that, to keep things neat. So if you see maps that are not on this list that you would like added to the poll, post before Monday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11F_msmP94mhV5nocsuq2jh8GW5WNHSVe7XermYF8mi4/edit?usp=sharing
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for everyone, on Monday I'm going to post the results of the costume poll and give them to Taco to pass on. A week seems like a good voting window, don't need to drag things out.

When that's done I'm going to open up the poll for this map request list. I won't be accepting any more requests after that, to keep things neat. So if you see maps that are not on this list that you would like added to the poll, post before Monday.

Having scrolled through all those options, I think I'm going to have a hard time choosing just twenty of them. :(

Also, I don't see the star map from "A Step Between Stars" listed there. By which I mean the space map close to the Solanae star. Preferably without the space station.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited July 2014
    It's number 3 on the list.
    edited July 2014
    May I recommend that you change the Conference Room's mission to "Cold Call" as it'll be easer for a dev to know what we're talking about. "Diplomacy Missions" is a little vague.
    edited July 2014
    It's number 3 on the list.

Ah, thanks. Didn't see it hiding there.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about the runabout interior?

There's so many maps I'd like to see that everyone else has mentioned them. :D
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was reading over the list you have and here are the ones that I like the most.

1) Current Season 9 ESD
    2) Current Season 9 ESD
    3) ESD space from "Surface Tension" (Didn't see that one in your list)
    4) ESD ground from "Surface Tension" (Didn't see that one in your list)
    5) Dyson Conference Hall
    6)"Assimilation" Borg Cube ground
    7) Fleet Starbase
    8) New Romulus "The Search for New Romulus"
    9) U.S.S. DeWitt Interior
    10) Drozana Station from "Everything Old is New"
    11) DS9 Conference Room

There are a few others like Fed and KDF Large, Medium and Small Interiors that would be great.

Thanks for providing this list for us and submitting the top 20 for us.

JAG
    edited July 2014
    djxprime wrote: »
    How about the runabout interior?

There's so many maps I'd like to see that everyone else has mentioned them. :D

There are three shuttle interiors, one for each faction. I've added them to the list.

jaguaro70: This thread was just to get suggestions for the list. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't cluttered with maps that nobody cared about. Check back next week when I open the poll, then you can vote.
  • aleniskendraaleniskendra Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The new ESD map would make me supremely happy.

(I'd also love a Cardassian ground map, but seeing we don't have that in game even, I guess it doesn't really count.)

So yes, new ESD map for the foundry would give me great joy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My very first Foundry Mission, Healing Old Wounds, has been completely reworked and rereleased!
    (Also, a quick shout-out, please visit Starbase UGC for all your Foundry needs!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some eps have Cardassian themed external maps. They wouldn't do for a major city, but you could claim they're somewhere on Cardassia though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Just FYI - The map name (the name that shows up over the mini map when you are actually on the map) is MUCH more helpful/useful to me than the mission name.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited July 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Just FYI - The map name (the name that shows up over the mini map when you are actually on the map) is MUCH more helpful/useful to me than the mission name.

My first thought was "he'd remember the maps from these we're talking about, right?" then I remembered that in my work, when I'm finished with something I pretty much forget about it immediately cause I'm on to the next thing lol. And I suppose having those names must make the maps easier to find in your database.

I'll do some research and make sure I get the exact right names for these maps when I give you the end result list.
    edited July 2014
    I might be able to find the map of a mission I actually worked on, but there are a ton of maps in the game I have never touched. Worse than that, I might know the actual map's name, but the mission names are often decided after we're done working on the map, so while I was actively working on it, I would have not heard the name of the mission.
    edited July 2014
    I might be able to find the map of a mission I actually worked on, but there are a ton of maps in the game I have never touched. Worse than that, I might know the actual map's name, but the mission names are often decided after we're done working on the map, so while I was actively working on it, I would have not heard the name of the mission.

Ah yes. It's so easy to forget that you're not the only artist (since you're the only one who posts), and that there are maps done before you moved over to this game. That's funny about the title, cause that's often how it goes with me. Title is usually the last thing I decide.

In any case, I'll be opening up the poll today. We've got a good list going, we'll see how things shake out.

Question for you Taco. I put exploration clusters on the list with the thought that if it ranks in the top 20, I would try to find some way to pick a few out, such as the ones Mark has been looking at, and get the recommendations to you. Is there such a way, or is it pretty much impossible to find specific ones?
    edited July 2014
    Given all the (very) eager Foundry authors we have around here, I'm sure we can do a little crowdsourcing and get those map names.
    edited July 2014
    Well if someone wants to play A Step Between the Stars and the Klingon Gre'thor missions today and report back on the map names, that'd be helpful. Also the Khitomer Accord ground map, i don't think I have the right name for that either.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -The Tutorial mission Starfleet Ship interior , fairly obvious reason for that , but specifically, It has a Torpedo/Armory Room in it, this could be useful for a variety of reasons in my opinion

-Maps with shuttlebays, theres a one use map from the Of Bajor missions, where you do a holodeck simulation of Domkinion troops boarding the Rear shuttlebay of what appears to be a constitution class, including a view of the nacelles and clam shell doors.

-Gasko Station , well we need more romulan stuff right?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited July 2014
    Question for you Taco. I put exploration clusters on the list with the thought that if it ranks in the top 20, I would try to find some way to pick a few out, such as the ones Mark has been looking at, and get the recommendations to you. Is there such a way, or is it pretty much impossible to find specific ones?

If you can still load into those maps, and can get me the map name (over the minimap) I should be able to retrieve them from that.

If not, it will be nigh impossible for me to find "the one with the curvy trees and green sky."

Well if someone wants to play A Step Between the Stars and the Klingon Gre'thor missions today and report back on the map names, that'd be helpful. Also the Khitomer Accord ground map, i don't think I have the right name for that either.

Don't worry about Step Between Stars. That's recent enough that I can track it down pretty easily. (i.e. the people that made the map still work here :P)

Is the Khitomer map you mean the one from LoR, where you pick Fed/KDF alliance?
    edited July 2014
    Is the Khitomer map you mean the one from LoR, where you pick Fed/KDF alliance?

No, though I'm actually going to put that on the poll cause it's cool. The one that was suggested is from the Khitomer Accord ground STF: it's a neat multi-level borg map http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Khitomer_Accord_4.jpg
    edited July 2014
    If you can still load into those maps, and can get me the map name (over the minimap) I should be able to retrieve them from that.

If not, it will be nigh impossible for me to find "the one with the curvy trees and green sky."

I believe Mark took notes on the map titles for those.