test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top 20 map requests.

Comments

• mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like more large maps like the artic one.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Player Ship Interior (Fed)
    2. Player Ship Interior (KDF)
    3. Player Ship Interior (Rom)

I'll stick to 3 as requested originally :)
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. starship interiors for all factions or the View Ship Interior maps
    I'm only familiar with federation ships but when I choose to view the interior of my ships they are all the same with an engineering deck, crew deck and science deck complete with sick bay, engineering, transporters and mess hall. I would LOVE access to these maps and it would save a lot in trying to recreate them.
  • jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • New Earth Space Dock (INT)
    • New Origin Bridge (INT)
    • Starfleet Academy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    New ESD, Starfleet Academy
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    @Mark, there had been a request for the Mind Games interior, so never fear, I got that one. Also, after seeing what Taco posted, I think asking them to find specific maps from the exploration clusters is going to be near impossible. Hate to say it, cause I'm with you, I think they could be very useful, but I don't think it's in the cards.

@Sirboulevard. If memory serves, ops is actually part of the DS9 map we have, but it is obscured or something. I think Mark found the coordinates one time. We could use a proper one, so I'll add it to the list.

@mcduffie: can you find me a specific map in the game like what you're asking for?

The list is up to 66 maps at the moment.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so, sidetracking inbound:
    since its a map request thread, can I request the minimap on nopada(Colosseum exterior desert map) actually be fixed so that it, you know, works?

</sidetrack>
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    @Sirboulevard. If memory serves, ops is actually part of the DS9 map we have, but it is obscured or something. I think Mark found the coordinates one time. We could use a proper one, so I'll add it to the list.
    Um.. no. I tried, but I think that part of the map got cropped off when it was imported to foundry.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    so, sidetracking inbound:
    since its a map request thread, can I request the minimap on nopada(Colosseum exterior desert map) actually be fixed so that it, you know, works?

</sidetrack>

Not really what this thread is for. Should probably post that down in the bug report forum.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No, Mark is right. There is no OPS on the Deep Space Nine Map. And it really sucks.

I've narrowed it down to three as Drogyn originally requested though.

1) DS9 Ops
    2) DS9 Conference Room (I would honestly love the assets too to make a screen accurate DS9 interior)
    3) Virinat (Why this one eluded me is beyond me. Virinat could be redressed into any number of colony worlds and the buildings would be great assets to have)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Well. . . there are a bunch of maps all labeled "UGC_DS9" in my list.

Most are system maps, a couple of mirror DS9 maps, etc. But the one that should be a direct copy of the social hub DS9, does contain the Promenade, Quarks, and Ops. Quarks and Ops are below the Promenade, and Ops is off to the side a little bit (but on roughly the same level as Quarks).

What name do you guys see for the DS9 map you're talking about?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited July 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

Most are system maps, a couple of mirror DS9 maps, etc. But the one that should be a direct copy of the social hub DS9, does contain the Promenade, Quarks, and Ops. Quarks and Ops are below the Promenade, and Ops is off to the side a little bit (but on roughly the same level as Quarks).

Its just Deep Space nine. And its only contains the Promenade. No Quarks or Ops. And we only have the old skyfile (but I consider that lower priority and something we can work around)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (...)

Anyways, I noticed some of the random exploration cluster stuff actually uses themes we don't have in foundry.

Examples:
    Rho Horologii 044-Xi; it's a coral island, and it has these looming land masses in the distance (but you can't go there)
    Caeli PD; this one is interesting because of the terrain/theme combination. It's a raised plateau, it has a general forest theme, and a bunch of swamp plants tossed in. It's a weird, but cool combination. It also has generally gentle terrain that'd be easy to build in.

(...)
    What markhawkman said above. Count these as my requests, too. I'd like to see more exteriors added to the Foundry (which players aren't used to seeing).
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice to have Quarks. It's not on our ds9 map, unless it's there somewhere at some mystery -Y coordinate. I think I checked for it once using /freecam and didn't see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014

It's hard to know with Foundry down on live and tribble. Maybe I can get into it on redshirt.

But the names that we see probably correspond to the names of the backdrops, maybe. See 19, 21, 22, and 71. http://starbaseugc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Tribble Foundry is up. Has been for a couple days.
    edited July 2014
    Tribble Foundry is up. Has been for a couple days.

Ah ok, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    It's hard to know with Foundry down on live and tribble. Maybe I can get into it on redshirt.

But the names that we see probably correspond to the names of the backdrops, maybe. See 19, 21, 22, and 71. http://starbaseugc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=14

The Map is called Deep Space Nine. The map is pretty ****ty as far as ports go anyways (no offense to anyone on the Cryptic team) as the DS9 upper promenade windows obscure the shops and the upper promenade deck (which is another issue re: that map but first things first) on the editor map/minimap.

It lacks Quark's, the conference room and Operations. And it uses the pre-2800 DS9 skyfile. It also has a much larger black space than is needed for the map (thanks to the removal of said sections of map) that has to affect Cryptic's memory space.

Also - thank you to Tacofangs for looking into this. :D You're awesome man. *beams cheesecakes to Taco's desk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2014
    OK, on tribble the exact name for the interior is: "Deep Space Nine Interior." The map in the editor shows only the promenade, the areas with the exchange and shipyard, and the bajoran temple. Also, if you look out the windows on the upper level the parts of ds9 that you see are all incredibly blurry, as if textured with an 80x80 avatar from the forums. There are also some weird looking gray windows.

If there is a UGC DS9 map that Taco can load that has Quarks, etc., that never got added to the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014

In my attempts to find those locations I added platforms above and below the main map, then had my Foundry char stand on them. I didn't see anything, at least not in the usable part of the map. What coordinates do you see them at?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So many maps listed, but the map I would love to have is.......... a Blank Map.

Seriously, we all want / need that nice blank map for custom maps. All we need is just an invisible floor for the 0 plane. That's it. Maybe the skyfiles can access both ground and space maps as well so we can have the setting in space, or on the ground. Heck, maybe in the ground as well.

So I have to ask, do you guys really want the new ESD before Club 47 is added? What if we're forever stuck with that version?

If the new Club 47 is in a separate zone or require a map warp (like the original ESD with the Shipyard and Lounge) it's really not going to matter.
    edited July 2014
    So many maps listed, but the map I would love to have is.......... a Blank Map.

Seriously, we all want / need that nice blank map for custom maps. All we need is just an invisible floor for the 0 plane. That's it. Maybe the skyfiles can access both ground and space maps as well so we can have the setting in space, or on the ground. Heck, maybe in the ground as well.

If the new Club 47 is in a separate zone or require a map warp (like the original ESD with the Shipyard and Lounge) it's really not going to matter.

Taco has already confirmed its going to be in the same zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Late to the party (ISP issues)...

Anyway, some of you know the maps I want the most - all the New Romulus ones! (Ground, space and Command Center interior.)

A blank map for custom interiors would be great too, but another one I'd like to see is the Elachi base interior from "Devil's Choice".
    edited July 2014
    Oooh! good one! We don't have any Elachi or Tholian themed interiors.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Well, there isn't much made for either of them. We do have an Elachi kit, but it's pretty sparse. And the only Tholian interior made was the bridge. We don't have room/wall/floor/hall pieces for building out the rest of a ship.

Edit: Derp, this is the map thread. Still stands re: maps.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, there isn't much made for either of them. We do have an Elachi kit, but it's pretty sparse. And the only Tholian interior made was the bridge. We don't have room/wall/floor/hall pieces for building out the rest of a ship.

It always reminded me of TOS when I was in the Tholian bridge.

I say find some blank TOS walls and angle it inward. Add in the Tholian doors and consoles, and presto, Tholian interior.

Only thing left would be the red glow to pull off the hot interior of the Tholian ship.
  • sylistersylister Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    An empty black map 1000 x 1000, classified as an exterior so I can build with the buildings.

This! This is what I want!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

For smaller races like the Elachi, Breen, Hirogen, or Tholians would it be possible to just chuck all the pieces that make up their bridges as separate assets? We can them mix them with similar stuff to expend on that.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    For smaller races like the Elachi, Breen, Hirogen, or Tholians would it be possible to just chuck all the pieces that make up their bridges as separate assets? We can them mix them with similar stuff to expend on that.

Reminds me of the reason they never do any of the asborbed KDF race stuff as far as ships. They will neglect an area of the game if less than 99% of players aren't interested in said area. Although with a lot of stuff all the years of excuses and such could have been put to better use actually pulling it off.

Edit: Also begs the question if they started the game like they did with bridges and KDF side races why did they start them if they never plan to do anything with them lol.
    edited July 2014
    Let's stick to the point of this thread please. Unnecessary posts make it harder for me to sift through and get the map requests. If you want to talk about creating new maps for the Foundry or getting assets from existing maps, feel free to start another thread.