test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Client won't start (Holodeck)

antras1antras1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
-Login went fine
-Downloading today's patch went fine (at first glance)
-Hitting "Engage" button always results in message:
"Unable to start game client: Windows error code 0 (While attempting to format received error code 15100.)"
[edit: sometimes 15105]

No problems with tribble, can get there without problems. Only holodeck...

anyone has a helpful suggestion? :S
Post edited by antras1 on

Comments

• Options
    elcorpseelcorpse Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't been able to connect for 3 days, ever since the last up date I can patch but when I hit engage it crashes with the error.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    antras1 wrote: »
    -Login went fine
    -Downloading today's patch went fine (at first glance)
    -Hitting "Engage" button always results in message:
    "Unable to start game client: Windows error code 0 (While attempting to format received error code 15100.)"
    [edit: sometimes 15105]

No problems with tribble, can get there without problems. Only holodeck...

anyone has a helpful suggestion? :S

So have you try the 'Verify Files' option in the Launcher ???
  • Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey.
    Just thought I'd post in this thread... but my patcher isn't even updating since 2 days... says it's unable to connect to the patch server. What to do about this?
    Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jiralinria wrote: »
    Hey.
    Just thought I'd post in this thread... but my patcher isn't even updating since 2 days... says it's unable to connect to the patch server. What to do about this?
    Thanks in advance :)

You take a look at this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

... then post some network diagnostic information. Without the diagnostics, its anyone's guess as to the cause of your Patch Server connection issue...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Error I am receiving after clicking the verify all files. Guess I won't be playing until this gets fixed, good luck.

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Played earlier no problems launching or playing. Tried logon and patch came up ending in 27. Timed out with same message. Verified files no help there, went to on demand patching, did the download but at launch same error. Submitted ticket.
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Checked the windows update logs and found there was an auto update right before my problems began. Computer maker website suggested rechecking network setting and I did find a dns error.
    Disconnected power to router and did a shutdown of the pc, restarted router let it reestablish connection then restarted pc. Started game launcher, worked with no problems.
    Either issue fixed by cryptic or restart helped with launcher router handshake, all I know is Im back up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I flushed DNS and shutdown - restarted router, modem & computer and was able to connect after 4 days of searching.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hmm are all the people seeing this problem on win 8?
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    charlessmith2012charlessmith2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    SAME PROBLEM HERE :

Unable to start game client: Windows error code 0 (While attempting to format, received error code 15105.)

ALREADY VERIFYED PATCH... PROBLEM STILL REMAINS
  • Options
    ceylon81ceylon81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anyone got a solution for this error?

For me the game Crashed... and afterwards i got the named error... validated a plenty...
  • Options
    dragon1608#3534 dragon1608 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm expering the same issues.

Here is what it says:
    Unable to start game client: Windows error code 0 (While attempting to format, received error code 15100.)

Anybody got a solution here?
  • Options
    n1starfightern1starfighter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so, EVERYTIME i try to start up STO, the Launcher ends up getting stuck trying to load it up. i cant get to the patch screen, or anything. the Launcher window comes up, black,, with the "Loading. Please Wait" and nothing else happens.... any help???
  • Options
    elfranzstyelfranzsty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If your launcher gets stuck on the black "Loading. Please Wait" screen flushing the DNS could help.

Open Command Prompt
    Type: ipconfig /flushdns

Then restart PC

It did solve the problem for me