test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who cares about the Oddesy uniform? This is what I want!

swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They are already there..
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    These are already in the game and FREE. Not a C-Store unlock, not hidden behind a doff or fleet grind, free. So what's the purpose of this thread? You already have it.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like them to create a real alliance fleet uniform so Federation and Romulan aligned characters can wear the same uniform..... same for the KDF-Roms
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like them to create a real alliance fleet uniform so Federation and Romulan aligned characters can wear the same uniform..... same for the KDF-Roms

Yeah like in TNG, when the Klignon, and Federation were wearing the same uniforms, or in DS9, when the Romulans, Klingons, and Star Fleet all had the same outfits.... that happened right??:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited July 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah like in TNG, when the Klignon, and Federation were wearing the same uniforms, or in DS9, when the Romulans, Klingons, and Star Fleet all had the same outfits.... that happened right??:confused:

Yea it happened as much as federation officers being permanently stationed aboard Romulan vessels.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want a Star Trek: Nemesis Romulan Uniform!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Of all the pictures on the entirety of the internet you could have used as an example, you choose a poorly made Chinese knockoff...
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL at the thread subject. The uniforms are already ingame. Look under TNG movies uniform. Even the comm badge is there :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Meet me on DS9, upper deck of quarks bar, bring five billion in ec and, I can hand over a limited edition Voyager Captain Sisko uniform! Trust me :D
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The op seriously has to be taking the pee-pee.

Even if he couldn't find it in the tailor, surely he's seen multitude of people wearing that uniform in-game.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

I think the Dyson uniform would probably fit the bill for that.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fyi the only thing wrong with the oddy uniform would be captain shons, the white collar and shoulder color is way too overpowering for the rest of the uniform. apart from that, thats the only thing i care about it. since the other bit was answered.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The op seriously has to be taking the pee-pee.

Even if he couldn't find it in the tailor, surely he's seen multitude of people wearing that uniform in-game.

Come on, Nemesis Voyager Captain Sisko?

Next up, the Mirror Voth Dianna Troi outfit.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why do i have a feeling this thread ws more to promote the silly cosplay outfit site?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Either he wants the already in game TNG Movie uniforms, or he wants the specific Captain Sisko variant.

Me... I wouldn't mind the vest. Or this early 2370s undershirt for females and this or this undershirt for males added as well. And no... this would be different from the TOS Mirror, as its not cropped like the Mirror.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I think I once gone over this and will go again.

In the Destiny Novels were the Vesta comes from the late DS)/TNG Movie uniform was slighted altered to have white shoulders, this is not even exactly new as Voyager Pilot Uniform did had white shoulders.

wasnt making any reference to what you were going on about, you can however have your point. it was more a fashion statement, i just dont like the white shoulder color, sure you can have whilte shoulders but toned down for sure so it doesnt clash with the other colors so hard.
    edited July 2014
    sure you can have whilte shoulders but toned down for sure so it doesnt clash with the other colors so hard.

Small amount of white on a large amount of black? Oh yeah that totally clashes; it's not at all like it's been the semblance of formality in half the world for centuries.

EDIT: Unless you mean it's rather overstated rather than it clashes, that makes more sense and is more understandable.

DOUBLE EDIT: I see in the next post you do in fact mean that; I retract my sarcasm :P
    edited July 2014
    Small amount of white on a large amount of black? Oh yeah that totally clashes; it's not at all like it's been the semblance of formality in half the world for centuries.

problem from my point of view is how hard the clash is, your eye kinda fixes upon the white because it the brightest thing there, it swamps out the other colors.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    problem from my point of view is how hard the clash is, your eye kinda fixes upon the white because it the brightest thing there, it swamps out the other colors.

Yeah i know what you mean. The contrast between the dark (brown) uniform and the bright white overshadows the color completely.

I don't quite understand why captains uniform got the white shoulder part, it looks too different to the other uniforms.
    If i where the responsible dev, i had colored the main part of those unifoms in the department color instead of coloring only a small stripe.

But thankfully we are still allowed to wear our own uniform variant. :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    If i where the responsible dev, i had colored the main part of those unifoms in the department color instead of coloring only a small stripe.

It would be a lot less dark and blandish.
  • diva570diva570 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice. But, like said before you can already where it, but its not the right ERA for 2410 to be a standard uniform for all NPCs. If anything the holding uniforms are nice and would be nice if roms could where the oddy stuff.

I would rather have this added into the game...
    http://media.weirdworm.com/img/stories/7-aliens-who-probably-wont-be-seen-in-upcoming-star-trek-movies/space-TRIBBLE-must-die.jpg

This Uniform for the WIN! lol :rolleyes:
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    diva570 wrote: »
    I would rather have this added into the game...
    http://media.weirdworm.com/img/stories/7-aliens-who-probably-wont-be-seen-in-upcoming-star-trek-movies/space-TRIBBLE-must-die.jpg

This Uniform for the WIN! lol :rolleyes:

not going to happen :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    Who cares about the Odyssey Uniform???

I care!!!

Plus I already have both the Odyssey and The one you linked...
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    These already exist in game.

This pretty much. And it's also part of the default costumes available to everyone no charge. Mod; lock for sake of preserving sanity.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    How about Risan swimwear for our boffs when in bridge! That's my idea for a uniform. :P
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Regarding the OP, I'll admit that I'm indifferent towards the Odyssey uniform myself. Yet, I'm puzzled that the OP is seemingly unaware that the TNG movie uni is already in the game, as so many others have stated.

Main reason I couldn't resist logging is to tell ya Neoakiraii, that your forum signature is one of the funniest things I've seen on this forum in ages!!! Literally made me laugh out loud for a good minute or so and I can't help seeing your forum sig and hearing Brad Pitt, from 'Seven', yelling "What's in the boooxxxxxx??? What's in the boxxxxxxxx?"! Makes it even funnier when I think of STO lockbox fiends yelling the same thing! Thanks for the laugh man!:D
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Of all the pictures on the entirety of the internet you could have used as an example, you choose a poorly made Chinese knockoff...

Chinese Knockoff? You got proof?
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Chinese Knockoff? You got proof?

The site openly states they are based in China, and the provided picture shows a poor quality uniform.
    edited July 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I think the Dyson uniform would probably fit the bill for that.

Ahh cool thanks, didn't know because I don't have that one yet, I just thought it would be like the fleet uniform... Fed/KDF only.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The site openly states they are based in China, and the provided picture shows a poor quality uniform.

You're describing Perfect World and the Sierra uniform?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]