test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvPers and EC farmers

tengufangirl1tengufangirl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvP Gameplay
My 2nd day in N'Vak, what is supposed to be the PvP warzone of the more PvP oriented faction, right?

[Tell] G'dnarw@klausherbert: what? we are kdf and we do coop here, we scan 8x and than we switch, so everyone can earn 10-20mil ec per hour, you are only a stupid child

And this was actually more polite than the guy yesterday. In the other space MMO I play farmers in a warzone get hunted down mercilessly. How come STO PvPers allow this outrage to continue? :confused:
Post edited by tengufangirl1 on

Comments

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Places like N'Vak and Ker'rat are PvPvE zones, so if a farmer is stupid enough to turn up it is completely acceptable to shoot them on sight.

Oh, and come to Ker'rat in Eta Eridani, it has far more Feds.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Having said that if there is a rat infestation in Nvak with Dbag traders... perhaps its time for an invasion. Never apologize for spawning a farmer.

Here are some fun tips for dealing with the rats in Nvak. (kerrat you get jumped more by multiple feds. still fun tips anyway)

Don't kill them... they just slip you and go about PvE. Instead of killing them do one of the following things;
    1) Run an Enhanced battle cloak ship... and follow them with a gravity well and Harpang torp. Don't kill just make sure they always have a dot on and can't scan nothing. (bouns points for loading an Aceton and dropping them at scanning nodes)
    2) Take the most tank heavy ship you can and equip a tractor beam... then follow them with out shooting... just keep tractoring them over and over and over.
    3) follow them with a fireworks device while your cloaked in any ship... only declock when they start to scan... plink until you can recloak or... make sure you have that tractor beam handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If they want to farm, let them!

However, no one say we can't shoot at them.

Or blow them up.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Long past time N'Vak was cleared out. Farming is one of the reasons the Exchange prices are so ridiculous and the EC economy is out of whack.

Besides, whoever heard of a Klingon who wanted to be a farmer? :rolleyes:
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    So PvE gets 50 to 100 times the content and attention over PvP and people are using the zone to farm???????

Oh I've neglected N'Vak for far too long. Time to pay a visit and take no prisoners!

Anytime someone say something simply respond, "This is a PvP zone! If you're incapable of shooting back perhaps you shouldn't farm in the middle of a War Zone!"

The image just came to mind of a bunch of farmers working in the middle of a crossfire between armies, complete with artillery explosions, bomb blasts and tracer bullets.

And one yelling, "STOP THAT! CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BUSY FARMING HERE??!!"
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    The image just came to mind of a bunch of farmers working in the middle of a crossfire between armies, complete with artillery explosions, bomb blasts and tracer bullets.

This reminds me of this conversation in OPVP.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »

ahhhhh, that made my morning
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont enjoy killing farmers, ruins their fun and its boring for me. But if they are dumb enough to farm into a warzone then they are clearly in need of a life lesson.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When I farm N'Vak, I tend to go prepared because there is also some idiot PvPer who wants attention--especially KDF Rommies. If you mess with me while I farm, I might come after you, or I might just leave. It all depends how quickly the hull drops. If it takes longer than 2 minutes, I am out. So if you PvPers are looking for action, go to Ker'rat.

By the way, some people do use N'Valk to test out their ship builds against the Borg in addition to farming.

If you want to PvP at N'Vak, ask and fight away from the farm. It's the honorable thing to do. ;)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    before the roms came, the kdf were just a different breed of players. we didn't fight one another much. we preferred to punish the feds, which is why n'vak was\is always empty.

the few that went there at that time, had an unspoken policy not to shoot a fellow kdf, and that the zone was for farming. not many people even knew of the zone then. further adding to it's emptiness. lol [adding\empty... oh well]

anyway, it's a new era. a new breed has arisen. the ques are mixed. feds have no quams playing a kdf aligned toon now, as long as it's rom. lol plus i think the new content may have brought in a few as well. more people have learned of n'vak.

i guess what i'm trying to say is 'get over it farmers. i'ts a pvp\pve zone just like kerrat and people gotta get their kill kdf dailies. [that is still a daily isn't it?]

you're KDF!!! die with honour!!

post script; i've never had a problem killing farmers in n'vak, as most are fed alts just trying to farm without the gank in kerrat :D
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There's nothing wrong with farming in PvPvE zones, I seldom do it in Ker'rat. You need to be ready to a possible fight :)
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

for as hard as you can try, you'll never roleplay as good as Kax does. Period :D
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The House of Martok would like to have a word with you.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No mercy to the evul farmers!:D

You may be a fan of one of the most insane Starfleet officers ever but you are right.

Hail Empress
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Crybaby feds who cant be Kirk or Pictard. Put points into sensors if cloak is such a problem...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If your a Fed, hang out just outside of Ker'rat, sometimes a KDF player going in there will pay you 5 to 10 mil to come into Ker'rat with no shields, and stay for 1/2 to an hour as fodder for them to shoot at.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Long past time N'Vak was cleared out. Farming is one of the reasons the Exchange prices are so ridiculous and the EC economy is out of whack.

Umm why would anyone want any of the gear rewards here for more than a day or two when better gear is available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2014
    Having said that if there is a rat infestation in Nvak with Dbag traders... perhaps its time for an invasion. Never apologize for spawning a farmer.

Here are some fun tips for dealing with the rats in Nvak. (kerrat you get jumped more by multiple feds. still fun tips anyway)

Don't kill them... they just slip you and go about PvE. Instead of killing them do one of the following things;
    1) Run an Enhanced battle cloak ship... and follow them with a gravity well and Harpang torp. Don't kill just make sure they always have a dot on and can't scan nothing. (bouns points for loading an Aceton and dropping them at scanning nodes)
    2) Take the most tank heavy ship you can and equip a tractor beam... then follow them with out shooting... just keep tractoring them over and over and over.
    3) follow them with a fireworks device while your cloaked in any ship... only declock when they start to scan... plink until you can recloak or... make sure you have that tractor beam handy.

lol

My KDF sci toon really needs a role. I have found it

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nvaktrollboat1_2259
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    tengufangirl1tengufangirl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think its only fair to mention that on day 3 there were only nice people in N'Vak. :cool: Let's see how it goes today...
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rudiefix1 wrote: »
    lol

My KDF sci toon really needs a role. I have found it

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nvaktrollboat1_2259

Good luck with Boarding Party on a B'rel. Whopping 1 shuttle :P.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Who cares about the effect on the economy? Kill farmers because it's a PvP zone, and because it's fun.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.