test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvPers and EC farmers

2»

Comments

• rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can try and influence the market as much as you like with your little sessions in N'Nak, but the matter of fact is, EC is beeing generated everywhere in the game and you are doing nothing more than wasting your time, but thats the point anyway is it, you simple just don't have anything else to do, so you decide to go there and annoy the people, tell em how greedy they are and how they show off with item X, Y or Z. You get the picture?! Still not...thats a pitty though... Tell you what, I can get as much EC by joining the Undine Space Zone, difference is, the stuff there is even more worthless 99% of the time and so i gotta toss most of it into the BIN right away...sometimes I get so much loot there it is insane, not compareable to N'Vak at all....seriously, last time it dropped so many items at one spot, my screen was filled from top to buttom with "take item" buttons. You want to regulate that as well? Or what about the Tour of the Universe thing...or foundry farming...you name it. Really, if you gotta regulate something, its your freetime and how you spent it on STO....

You're right. Maybe my one lass fight is not enough to change anything but you know what? Star Trek is built out of fighting unbeatable odds. This is my no win and I don't believe it should have that name.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do as you please. Buttom line is though, it is really sad to see people like you and others in this very thread with the only drive to mess up other peoples game simple because they can, and then justify it by some strange excuses made out of thin air. I couldn't care less really, since there are so many ways to spent my time on sto, but for the people I've met in there, most of them are very friendly and laid back, trying to have fun and a good time.

Again, and for what it's worth though, don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do as you please. Buttom line is though, it is really sad to see people like you and others in this very thread with the only drive to mess up other peoples game simple because they can, and then justify it by some strange excuses made out of thin air. I couldn't care less really, since there are so many ways to spent my time on sto, but for the people I've met in there, most of them are very friendly and laid back, trying to have fun and a good time.

I have no hate toward you brother. We both believe our ideas are right. I'm willing to fight a losing fight for those ideas and you are not.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captains,

Addressed to no one in particular.

Debate the ideas, stop attacking the people. End of. The next warning you see will be in your inbox.

A few of you are going to start seeing them sooner rather than later.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I hate to agree with the RP Empress, but if you are farming in a PvP zone, no matter how friendly or laid back you are, expect an attack. It is a zone designed and preserved for PvP. Regardless of the economic impact (which I agree is a baseless rationalization) it is not the most intelligent behavior to attempt a farm in a PvP zone and not expect to get farmed for kills in return.

There are other places and missions and dailies to farm, and most of them are not PvP zones.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    I hate to agree with the RP Empress, but if you are farming in a PvP zone, no matter how friendly or laid back you are, expect an attack. It is a zone designed and preserved for PvP. Regardless of the economic impact (which I agree is a baseless rationalization) it is not the most intelligent behavior to attempt a farm in a PvP zone and not expect to get farmed for kills in return.

There are other places and missions and dailies to farm, and most of them are not PvP zones.

Cheers.

Right, I've already said earlier that I've got no problem whatsoever with PvP and I do know that it is in fact a Warzone. It's about the way you do it, and as suggested by some people in this thread, using certain strategies just to annoy people and not to kill em at all is what I'm having a problem with...not to mention the reasoning behind all that though.

I like PvP, but if there is nothing else to do, I do the mission, get my inventory filled and leave. That's all.

/beam me up Scotty... ;)
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right, I've already said earlier that I've got no problem whatsoever with PvP and I do know that it is in fact a Warzone. It's about the way you do it, and as suggested by some people in this thread, using certain strategies just to annoy people and not to kill em at all is what I'm having a problem with...not to mention the reasoning behind all that though.

I like PvP, but if there is nothing else to do, I do the mission, get my inventory filled and leave. That's all.

/beam me up Scotty... ;)

I agree on the grav well etc. grieving discussed, that's just silly. The silly justifications are unnecessary as well. Kill people because it's a PvP zone. There is no need to rationalize it in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.