test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

all char gone on 2 accounts

i hope this is the right place for this,

a friend of mine had an veteran account for 4 years, 2 weeks ago he logged off and logged back on and all his char are gone, website char viewer no longer can find them , and nothing we have been able to work out can find them , a support ticket to cryptic has been less than useful as they requed infomation he dosnt have any more from 4 years ago to prove he is who he says including original STO box code and considerd the matter closed , he recently created a new account to play again and after a week once again they have all gone, im typeing this message as my friend is having a hard time looking at anything to do with STO right now,

any thing about this happening befor or ways to solve it , thank you all for your help
Post edited by viratan on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did he use the same email account? Could be a hacker giving him a hard time. Try making an account with a brand new email and see if it happens again.

Sorry to hear about it, get ahold of the community manager laughingtrendy. Branflakes was able to expedite these sorts of issues...i assume she could as well.

Cheers and good luck
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know this has nothing to do with your problem but.. where is the "website char viewer" :eek:, i didnt know we can see our characters through the webpage..

About your problem, im sure any mod will pass by and let you know that they are investigating. Be patient. I mean, your friend.. ;)
  • viratanviratan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    he used whole new email and account and password for it so i cant work out how it would be a hacker

and this was the char viewer i used https://auth.startrekonline.com/
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    viratan wrote: »
    he used whole new email and account and password for it so i cant work out how it would be a hacker

and this was the char viewer i used https://auth.startrekonline.com/

The character viewer won't show newly created characters on new accounts think it's like level 10 or so and it takes a few days for it to update.

If the same issue happened on a new account then something else is going on. I would suggest he run a full virus/malware/keylogger scan of his computer.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    askray wrote: »
    The character viewer won't show newly created characters on new accounts think it's like level 10 or so and it takes a few days for it to update.

If the same issue happened on a new account then something else is going on. I would suggest he run a full virus/malware/keylogger scan of his computer.

Yes, key logger is a possibility
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • bsgogoddbsgogodd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I too went to log on after a short downtime to find both my characters gone. I have put in support, but doubt I will hear much from them.

Sad that all my hard time put in is now gone. Now I only get the option to start over. Yet they swear they don't delete characters which I say is BS.

Now everything says my join date was last month, which is total TRIBBLE. I had 1 level 11 and another near 40 if I recall right. No trace of them, nothing shows in character viewer. So looks like I just get to start over with nothing. If that's the case I won't be playing.
  • madchudmadchud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have the worst thought... it may be someone hacking your entire house.:eek: You'd have to move out to avoid it, and whoever's hacking would follow. So, if you get 2 new PCs and they seem to have their STO accounts deleted, call 911:eek:. Other than that I can't predict or guess anything.

Madchud, your average day player.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bsgogodd wrote: »
    I too went to log on after a short downtime to find both my characters gone. I have put in support, but doubt I will hear much from them.

Sad that all my hard time put in is now gone. Now I only get the option to start over. Yet they swear they don't delete characters which I say is BS.

Now everything says my join date was last month, which is total TRIBBLE. I had 1 level 11 and another near 40 if I recall right. No trace of them, nothing shows in character viewer. So looks like I just get to start over with nothing. If that's the case I won't be playing.

If you do a user search on the forum there is a user called Bsgogod which is probably no coincidence being so close to your bsgogodd. Maybe you actually have got 2 accounts now and your toons are all sitting in the bsgogod account.

Edit: okay the similar name may not have been yours as it is ancient and not played STO apparently but your own profile does say 18th June rather than the forum date of july so all is apparently not so bugged as it appears.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • bsgogoddbsgogodd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going through my emails from PWE, it does seem bsgogod was the correct one, but if I recall when I had to sign up for the new system I could not use that so had to add a letter to the end. Now it seems I can not figure out how to sign up the correct name.

Thank you for pointing it out.