test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subcommander Kaol's head as a ship trophy!

shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Yes, you read that right, in case you were wondering. :D And I'm being 100% serious.

This honorless petaQ keeps popping up on mi viewscreen every time I log into the game, on every character I own. It's getting tiresome.

Let me make this perfectly clear Kaol - No, I'm not interested in your insignificant missions! No, I don't want them clogging up my interface, so I won't accept them. No, I don't care if a space squid is attacking New Romulus or Elachi are eating people! And no, I certainly don't want to look at your face everytime I log in you miserbale to'ba!! :mad:
I'm a friggin' General of the Klingon Empire and my path goes nowhere nere your darned dinosaur sphere, nor do I want to go there. So would you kindly stop bugging me before I blow your little shed you call an office together with you to Gre'thor!

Therefore I want, nay, I demand of Cryptic to allow us to just kill this annoying character (that is becomming more annoying than Sela - something I thought was impossible) and use his head as a ship trophy on our ships. It will help so much in remedying my aggrivation of him constantly popping up.
They can put some hot Romulan chick or even another dude in his place, as long as they're not as annoying as this character.

TL;DR - Kaol's head, ship trophy, now please, qapla'!

P.S. I realize it's more of a general than Klingon issue, but having Kaol's head as a ship trophy seems so apropriate for some Klingons, while I doubt the Feds and RR would approve. :D

P.P.S. It's worse than that Jim, he's calling even my low level chars just to greet them! :eek: "I'm always glad to hear from the Sura, Liuetenant!". No you're not hearing from the Sura you numbskull, you keep calling everyone in STO. Seriously, did this guy get a call discount on New Romulus?

/end rant
HQroeLu.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Um... who is this, exactly? :D

The only guy I can remember constantly hailing until you slap him in the face is the Nukara camp commander...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    J'empok is also guilty of this if you haven't done the new missions added with LOR because your character is already max level (and has been for a long time) and there is no point doing them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Um... who is this, exactly? :D

The only guy I can remember constantly hailing until you slap him in the face is the Nukara camp commander...

He's that annoying Romulan petaQ resposible for their operations in the dinosaur sphere.

P.S. Curse you for your deceptive new sig., I thought it was clickable to pet the targ! :D
    zipagat wrote: »
    J'empok is also guilty of this if you haven't done the new missions added with LOR because your character is already max level (and has been for a long time) and there is no point doing them.

Well, I never had that happen to me with J'mpok and Co. True, he did hail me on my older characters once the new missions that came with LoR were released - but that was it. I told him "no" and unlike this Romulan to'ba, he understood what that means. He never hailed again. And he's the Chancellor of my faction, Kaol is just some random Romulan petaQ to me.

The only ones that constantly bother are that Nukara dude that angrytarg mentioned, but he only bothers if you happen to pass through Eta Eridani and this Kaol dude that just keeps hailing everyone all the time.

So yeah, I want an option to kill him in a duel and have his head as a ship trophy. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree fully. I would also like the head trophy feature for feds but they can get kaol's and kurland's
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OOC: You know you can turn those notifications off if you want, right?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The damage has all ready been done
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    conkav22 wrote: »
    I agree fully. I would also like the head trophy feature for feds but they can get kaol's and kurland's

I wholeheartedly agree! :D
    bluegeek wrote: »
    OOC: You know you can turn those notifications off if you want, right?

Yes, but if I do that - I do that for everything, in general, right? Or am I missing sth.? :confused: Cause I don't want to turn those off for everything.
    However Kaol shouldn't hail me whenever I log a character in game, this can't be working as intended.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agree! :D

Yes, but if I do that - I do that for everything, in general, right? Or am I missing sth.? :confused: Cause I don't want to turn those off for everything.
    However Kaol shouldn't hail me whenever I log a character in game, this can't be working as intended.

i think it is.

my characters keep getting hailed by admirals and commanders every time i pop in and i myself have no idea how to turn them off.

Quinn hails my lvl 50 alien so much i kind of wanted to leave him to die in the new episode :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    STFU = Options -> Basic -> Disable Mission Auto Hail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am 100% for this. I wont take orders from a space refugee or a feddy bear.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Koal's head wont be a trophy in my ready room, hes gonna be a hood ornament. there is another klingon who i tihnk presents the klingon side of the gamma orionis borg missions, he appears everytime i log into my gorn in a suit. hes not far off from being a hood ornament.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    He's that annoying Romulan petaQ resposible for their operations in the dinosaur sphere.

P.S. Curse you for your deceptive new sig., I thought it was clickable to pet the targ! :D

Hehe :D Ueeez in your head, making you click things. Ueee! :D

But it is an intriguing idea, I think I have to come up with something. But actually I was told that I'm too grouchy and negative all the time, so I wanted to show you forum folk that I can also be all cuddly 'n stuff... ;)

Regarding Kaol, maybe I have turned of notifications like this or I just ignore unwanted hails altogether. The game is full of those to a certain degree...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014

thank you now i no longer feel angry about saving quinn :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I absolutely do not understand how Cryptic thinking when awarding the ranks. You are the admiral or general, and you should receive tasks from Subcommander ? On the other hand, as a cadet from the academy just getting assignments from Fleet Admiral Quinn and Chancellor J'mpok ?

Should not it be the other way around ? Should not you be the captain (colonel , commander) and subcommander Kaol at least subadmiral ( or commodore sounds better than subadmiral ) ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is what happens when players are overpromoted: The NPCs needed to logically push them around become too higher-up to splash everywhere, so you get pushed around by people who shouldn't be able to. They could have at least written it more like those people were simply DELIVERING the orders from someone higher up, rather than straight up issuing them to you as if they were somehow of sufficient authority to push you around on their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is what happens when players are overpromoted: The NPCs needed to logically push them around become too higher-up to splash everywhere, so you get pushed around by people who shouldn't be able to. They could have at least written it more like those people were simply DELIVERING the orders from someone higher up, rather than straight up issuing them to you as if they were somehow of sufficient authority to push you around on their own.

Actually, there is precedent where junior ranked personnel does have authority over one of higher rank. An example would be the commanding officer of a particular ship being junior to those who are traveling on his ship. However, this is rare and rightfully so. While the superior officer could take command, usually the one in command gives the orders while the superior ranked only act via negation (i.e. he consents and agrees with all commands given unless he says otherwise).
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Crush an old Dahar Master's dreams, will ya'? I still want that petaQ's head as a trophy in my ship!

P.S. I'm aware of this as I mentioned before, but I'm reluctant do disable all auto hails just because a piece of content is broken. Take that Omega guy for ex., D'Vak was it? He hailed me once, said what he had to say and didn't bother me again.

BTW Cryptic, since you're killing content that isn't up to your "quality" standards - how about killing Kaol? He's obviously bugged for doing these hails and that can't be in line of your latest "quality" standards!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2014

why is it i got a picture of grunt from ME3's citadel DLC when thinking of this?

Captain: "Ensign, Activate STFU mode please"

Ensign *pushes a few buttons* "STFU Mode engaged sir!"

*Hologram appears at the comm console, pushes a button every time a hail comes in.* "No." *pushes the button again.* "No" *repeats.*
  • Options
    iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I second this motion.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This honorless petaQ keeps popping up on mi viewscreen every time I log into the game, on every character I own. It's getting tiresome.

1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission

Repeat until no more notifications about dino-missions.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    why is it i got a picture of grunt from ME3's citadel DLC when thinking of this?

Captain: "Ensign, Activate STFU mode please"

Ensign *pushes a few buttons* "STFU Mode engaged sir!"

*Hologram appears at the comm console, pushes a button every time a hail comes in.* "No." *pushes the button again.* "No" *repeats.*

lol I want that feature. And its not Kaol thats bugged, its a feature that automatically opens a channel to whoever has a story mission for you. Kaol just bothers you because you probably have all other story missions done already. I just created a Reman a few days ago and every time I logged in, Romulan command hailed me with my next mission. So either turn off auto hail, or just do his missions once and never again. Most of them are really easy that you can finish it 5 min anyway.
    edited July 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission

Repeat until no more notifications about dino-missions.

Problem solved.

It's suposed to work like this on paper, except it doesn't for me. For every other similar contact - like the Nukara guy, or J'mpok and his lackeys when the KDF content was extended with LoR this what you suggested work.

But it doesn't work with this annoying Romulan dude. With him it's like:

1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission
    4) Kaol hails again
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's suposed to work like this on paper, except it doesn't for me. For every other similar contact - like the Nukara guy, or J'mpok and his lackeys when the KDF content was extended with LoR this what you suggested work.

1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission
    4) Kaol hails again

Do you think it's enough to confuse new players and qualify as "non-high-quality gameplay"?
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014

1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission
    4) Kaol hails again

Can confirm, J'empok and that Romulan bIHnuch do it to me on different characters.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Do you think it's enough to confuse new players and qualify as "non-high-quality gameplay"?

Oh, I'm waaay ahead of you there: :P
    BTW Cryptic, since you're killing content that isn't up to your "quality" standards - how about killing Kaol? He's obviously bugged for doing these hails and that can't be in line of your latest "quality" standards!

But I would also like to add that Kaol does this with a delay, so I usually open my mail to see why it's blinking, start reading a message and then....boom! Kaol pops up, closing my mail interaction window! :eek:

It's so very confusing to me, sometimes I spend hours contemplating about what just happened.
    I could only imagine how confusing and infuriating it must be for new players! They must think their mail service is being haunted by some strange Romulan dude. What do I do from there? Catch Epohs for this guy? Buy him a crate of Romulan ale? Purchase more Zen from PWE? Nah, I'll just rage quit!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh man... :D This thread is making me laugh so hard I can hardly type or see! I agree with the OP and maybe I will do so better when I can breathe again!
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Accept mission
    2) Hit "Skip"
    3) Drop mission
    4) Kaol hails again

I agree that Kaol needs to to kick the bucket and his lapdog tovan too.
    we need a option when he hails us to beam over a tricobalt torpedo end transmission and warp away lauging.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    But I would also like to add that Kaol does this with a delay, so I usually open my mail to see why it's blinking, start reading a message and then....boom! Kaol pops up, closing my mail interaction window! :eek:

It's so very confusing to me, sometimes I spend hours contemplating about what just happened.
    I could only imagine how confusing and infuriating it must be for new players! They must think their mail service is being haunted by some strange Romulan dude. What do I do from there? Catch Epohs for this guy? Buy him a crate of Romulan ale? Purchase more Zen from PWE? Nah, I'll just rage quit!

Oh, I feel your pain. It's almost like one of those damn confusing star clusters, but it's so much more startling! :D Cryptic, remove that Kaol guy. NAO! Or I'll uninstall your waaaaaay too big game!
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Didn't I already cover how to turn that off on the previous page? How is this still a thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Didn't I already cover how to turn that off on the previous page? How is this still a thing?

If you actually read the thread then you would of seen that it is glitched and doesn't work for everyone.