test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make the Captain's Lounge useful

wadesantutwadesantut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I have an Idea, Why not make the Captains Lounge a fully equipped T5 fleet starbase for anyone who is a Lifer?
Make it have all the amenities that a T5 Starbase would have, and give lifers a 20% discount on marks and dilithium.
I bet it would boost Lifetime sub sales also.

People would still have to contribute to fleet holding projects to grind for fleet marks, and to generate the provisions used when purchasing.

What do you guys think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wadesantut on

Comments

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • tamashiikaritetamashiikarite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think this is a great idea. It should be implemented.
  • wadesantutwadesantut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014

<Bows>

All opinions are welcome, unless you disagree with me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would make Captain's Table more useful, But then what incentive would people have to work on their own fleets?
    y1arXbh.png

• charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It sounds like a great idea.
    I have no idea if they could implement it but it sounds great.
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Cryptic gibe easy butan pls"
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think me being killed by a meteorite and lightning at the same time is more likely than this ever happening. A vendor with unique items might be far more likely.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the idea. I for one am tired of Starbase grinding and "begging" for access to Tier 5 stores.
    sle1989 wrote: »
    It would make Captain's Table more useful, But then what incentive would people have to work on their own fleets?

You know there is no incentive now, right? Some Tier 5 fleets opened their doors long ago for access to their stores.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can we at least get the ship selector contact back? please?
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    have to admit been a lifer for over a year and not once have i been there.

if it was more useful i probably would go.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    why should it be limited to lifers? the subscribers get no love?

I would simply be happy if all the amenities of ESD were available in the captain's table. then i would not have to deal with the kiddies and thier disco parties in front of the exchange
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I would simply be happy if all the amenities of ESD were available in the captain's table. then i would not have to deal with the kiddies and thier disco parties in front of the exchange

they just migrate or half it up to think none of them have a lifer sub would be illogical
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Im game for it. Personally I hate fleets anyways. There is far to much drama in them, to many perfectionists and to many power happy people. A place where I could do and get fleet things without the actual fleet would be great. :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,727 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Then what would really be the point of Fleets? I agree that it needs better amenities, but I don't think putting everything from the Fleet stores in there is the answer.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wadesantut wrote: »
    What do you guys think?

I think, to help attract new players to the game and build a stronger game, we need to get rid of the captain's lounge. It takes up too much disk space. Removing it would speed up content downloads.

Plus the map is confusing and people get lost in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just make it a freebie transwarp with all the necessary conveniences and vendors. Also, a new map wouldn't hurt. Leaving would put you right back where you last were.
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I must admit I'm on a lifetime sub too and payed a visit to the captains table a couple of times but really don't understand the need for it as it's a pointless map as it stands just now.

Now how about if 1 of your toons is in a full t5 fleet your other toons can gain access to t5 gear be they fed kdf or not even in a fleet, that would make the map actually usefull
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    leescotty wrote: »
    I must admit I'm on a lifetime sub too and payed a visit to the captains table a couple of times but really don't understand the need for it as it's a pointless map as it stands just now.
    All the social maps are pointless. The only reason to go to risa is the summer event. The rest of the time it's wasted space. There's no reason to go to bajor. Now there's little reason to go to ds9 because of the omega rep. Why go to andoria and vulcan? If they take the diplo mission out of vulcan there will be no reason to go there at all.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    All the social maps are pointless. The only reason to go to risa is the summer event. The rest of the time it's wasted space. There's no reason to go to bajor. Now there's little reason to go to ds9 because of the omega rep. Why go to andoria and vulcan? If they take the diplo mission out of vulcan there will be no reason to go there at all.

95% of the endgame can now be played out via menus from whatever social zone you stay in. There is hardly any reason to actually go anywhere any more.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think, to help attract new players to the game and build a stronger game, we need to get rid of the captain's lounge. It takes up too much disk space. Removing it would speed up content downloads.

Plus the map is confusing and people get lost in it.

I for one agree with this...I spent 4 days there once not knowing where to find the darn couches there....I haven't been back since.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    YEAH! do this or maybe 10% dicount or SOME discount at last

also make it easyer to access... for example from esd through turbolift

it is a SHAME that they actually advertise with the cpt. table in the launcher, its such a USELESS thign right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have an idea that benefits me and not the majority of the players... Maybe because of entitlement, maybe because I think I am worth more than the average player, but it dosen't really matter to me... I am special.

Make it so.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • wadesantutwadesantut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I have an idea that benefits me and not the majority of the players... Maybe because of entitlement, maybe because I think I am worth more than the average player, but it dosen't really matter to me... I am special.

Make it so.

Are you making fun of me sir?

Please you must forgive me for asking for a perk since I spent $300 on this game, after spending $15 a month for 6 months, plus all the Atari tokens, Cryptic whatevers, and Zen I have bought in the last 4 years, Paid for my kid's Lifetime account, and plenty of Zen on his account.

So yes I do believe a little gratitude shown from Cryptic to the Lifers, is not out of order. Especially considering the majority of the Lifer perks are pretty worthless, This would be a wonderful perk, and I believe it would boost their Lifetime subs sales as well. Not drastically, but a small push to those on the fence if you will.

But I am used to the whining of the F2P crowd by now.

But I will amend my idea, make it available to subs also. I believe it is currently accessible to subs as a Veteran reward already, yes? So leave it there, subs can gain access to the discounts when they gain access to the Captains Lounge.

I'ts not like I actually expect them to do this, its a good idea! And I think experience shows us that Cryptic wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them in the nose!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wadesantut wrote: »
    Are you making fun of me sir?

One would think that, but...
    Please you must forgive me for asking for a perk since I spent $300 on this game, after spending $15 a month for 6 months, plus all the Atari tokens, Cryptic whatevers, and Zen I have bought in the last 4 years, Paid for my kid's Lifetime account, and plenty of Zen on his account.

So yes I do believe a little gratitude shown from Cryptic to the Lifers, is not out of order. Especially considering the majority of the Lifer perks are pretty worthless, This would be a wonderful perk, and I believe it would boost their Lifetime subs sales as well. Not drastically, but a small push to those on the fence if you will.

...after this outburst, it's more like he was reading your motives out for the world to see, and then you came along and proved his "it's all about the entitlement" spiel was spot-on.

You got everything you paid for. Get over yourself.
    But I am used to the whining of the F2P crowd by now.

Just like many of us are used to the whining of the greedy entitled wanting more, more, more.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stf65 wrote: »

the diplo mission is out, unless you'r referring to picking up the ambassador to go to P'Jem.
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Can we at least get the ship selector contact back? please?

oh .. you want useful stuff at captain's table, do you !? ... NO SOUP FOR YOU ! :mad: ... :D
  • elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a person with both a lifetime subscription, and a T5 starbase (thanks fleeties and myself), I would not find this to be a problem.

Making the Captains Table solely a T5 Starbase, and not an Embassy, a Mine, and a Spire, would mean that the incentive is still quite present for players to work with the fleet, but there would be immediate gratification to those who spend that amount of money. Also given that the cost in fleet credits would not change, working with a fleet is still the only way to get the goodies. Given that Cryptic seems to be having trouble moving Lifetime subs, this might be just such an added incentive to sell more.

However, I can see how some would call it "entitlement" ploy. I put the call out to ALL Lifetimers, come join my fleet, anyone who is going to show that level of dedication to the game has a place amongst the Starfleet Strategic Command, just ask any of us for an invite.

As for the idea, Yes I would like it personally, it would benefit me greatly, but it would also be a general benefit to those who long for a fleet ship but cannot afford one. When you say ALL the abilities, I envision the ability to invite other players, who aren't lifetimers, to the map, just as you can the T5 starbase, to spend fleet credits.

Given the cost incentive of fleet credits, it might encourage more Life Time subscribers to join small fleets and help them work they're way up, benefiting the LS by granting Fleet cred, and the non subscriber and regular Subscriber, by making they're fleets grow faster with more people putting in.

In short, Yes, let it be a Starbase at T5 with an infinite stock of provisions. Life time subbers still need the other three station, and fleet credit to take advantage, as such it would benifit the other players as well with more help going to Subscriber, and Free2Player fleets to generate the fleet credit.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tacofangs that they are planning to have a door in Club 47 that allows access to the Captain's Table for those who qualify and maybe add similar doors to other Social Zones. The easiest way to give some use to the Captain's Table is a Transwarp ability for us to go there.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2014

It's not, 400-day veterans (subscribers) also have access to the Captain's Table.

They really should do something with the Captain's Table, it's described as a perk but really is sort of an inconvenience since ESD is right there and has more than what the Captain's Table has to offer.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i think a 10 % reduction of price of everything in game even lobi store would be a great thing to have in the captains table .. everything you get in game from marks dilithium energy credits all the way to lobi and latinum ... that would make lifers happy and poss help f2p players want to get life time membership . yet if cryptic wanted 20% off that be cool too .