What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thinking about coming back

2»

Comments

• ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    blunted74 wrote: »
    I used to play about a year ago, and had a LVL 50 KDF science officer, however, stopped playing because of multiple reasons such as broken pvp, science getting the shaft, KDF getting the shaft.

Seems like a lot has happened over the last year and crafting if getting revamped, and was wondering if the game is in a much better state? Does science still suck? Does KDF still get the shaft?.
    You say "about a year ago" so I guess that was around Legacy of Romulus.

Romulans are still stupidly OP. There hasnt been any serious effort at dialing them down or buffing the other factions, outside of KDF getting a damage buff to Nausicaan BOFFs.

Cryptic added a couple of new PVP queues for the old maps. One of them is for small craft combat, which never gets any action due to systemic problems with PVP and small craft. The other is unteamed arena, you join a random scramble team and go against the other team of randoms, so you no longer get steamrolled by premade teams (the team queue still exists separately). Cryptic didnt do any kind of weighted sorting on the teams so they are still lopsided often, where one team has 2 healers and the other has none.

Cryptic released a few more unbalanced ships. Most of the old-school faction ships with no uni stations are way behind the power curve.

Science is still weak on DPS but better if you spec for it. Sensor Analysis got changed and buffed. There is a science profession trait Preservation of Energy that lets you buff exotic damage. There are lockbox traits on the exchange that let you buff CC and such. Science is still very good in PVP if you can get your random scramble team into working together.

KDF still has a huge number of outstanding bugs, especially with ship models and the like. A couple of bugs got fixed. They got a new intro series at LOR launch but not much since then. KDF and Feds both were given a battle cruiser with basically the same stats. KDF and Feds and Roms were all given science destroyer hybrids that are also mostly identical.

Its still a single-player game at heart, where end-game content consists of grinding for more powerful gear to put on your lockbox ship, resulting in wildly unbalanced multiplayer content in the few maps that have it.
  • blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply. In the end, I think I am just going to move on. Losing all my credits is a definitely deal breaker, but logging in briefly and reading the replies here reminded me of why I left in the first place, and it would seem that is still more of the same.

I appreciate your feedback.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply. In the end, I think I am just going to move on. Losing all my credits is a definitely deal breaker, but logging in briefly and reading the replies here reminded me of why I left in the first place, and it would seem that is still more of the same.

I appreciate your feedback.

if i were in your position i wouldnt call it, like 40million credits mean much. you can get your gaming experience back. form friends, from the forum people here, they can help you out. you just need to find something from nothing, thats a good challenge a good player should have. considering what you wrote after loosing all that stuff, clearly you account was TRIBBLE, emptied by some thief, so change your pass, email, if you had a card on record, cancel it from the bank and get a new one, and so on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think it's a safe bet that none of us know the OP in real life, so none of can say with any certainty that his account was TRIBBLE. It's entirely possible he did something that he forgot or doesn't want to admit to doing.

Maybe he gave away or deleted all his stuff before quitting.

Maybe he was in a fleet and had it in a fleet bank and lost it when he was booted for inactivity.

Maybe he let a friend/relative/significant other use the account in his absence and it's easier to blame Cryptic.

I'm sure theres a couple of other possibilities that I;m not thinking of.

Oh I don't use emails, but is it possible he was storing EC in emails to get around the EC cap and the emails were lost when the email system crashed last year?

The only thing we know for certain is that as players we will never know what actually happened.

ifs, ands and buts are all apart of life, doesnt matter what was, or is, or will be his actions with his/her account or anyone else. the end result comes down to two things, does he/she want to start over and correct his/her mistakes? or does he/she want to run off?

emails as in someone@location.country.code. note email is example purpose.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think it's a safe bet that none of us know the OP in real life, so none of can say with any certainty that his account was TRIBBLE. It's entirely possible he did something that he forgot or doesn't want to admit to doing.

Maybe he gave away or deleted all his stuff before quitting.

Maybe he was in a fleet and had it in a fleet bank and lost it when he was booted for inactivity.

Maybe he let a friend/relative/significant other use the account in his absence and it's easier to blame Cryptic.

I'm sure theres a couple of other possibilities that I;m not thinking of.

Oh I don't use emails, but is it possible he was storing EC in emails to get around the EC cap and the emails were lost when the email system crashed last year?

The only thing we know for certain is that as players we will never know what actually happened.

I also find it important when ever these threads pop up, that the OP has absolutely no incentive to be truthful. I'm not saying the OP is or is not being truthful -- simply that there is no benefit to telling the truth when it comes to these sorts of topics.

AFK penalties and disciplinary measures are also grouped into these kinds of incidents.

The OP has everything to lose (in terms of credibility or sympathy) by telling the truth, and nothing to gain. OP has nothing to lose by lying, exaggerating, or spinning reality to fit his narrative -- since his lying, exaggerations, and spin couldn't possibly be any worse than what the topic he or she brought up is originally about.

If there is a legitimate problem, then the only channel one can take is a private channel with PWE/Cryptic. Putting that problem on trial in the court of public opinion isn't looking for a solution -- it's looking for sympathy (or hate towards Cryptic).

It's like whenever you see somebody arrested -- or if you work in a school system, a kid getting sent to the dean's office.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do nothing!"

No incentive to be truthful, you have everything to lose by incriminating yourself. Whereas being dishonest means you have nothing to lose. Your crime and social misbehavior is going to outweigh the fact you lied.

Or in this case, making a mistake involving your energy credits, silver membership, and ignorance in regards to the changes in the game. Again, I'm not implying that is or is not what happened.

Only that there is no reason to ever admit fault or to be honest with the facts if it was what happened. That's how the court of public opinion works.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • glimtech1glimtech1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Give it a shot, its only time....
  • crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh my, read alot of the postings here, and while there is a chasm in the realm of opinions, truth is, it is best to try the game out in its new state. I just purchased the Lifetime subscription since I figure I hang around for a bit. I do not know if you were a subscriber or a lifer, but I do hope your account gets fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I cant believe how much this thread blew up.

SOrry, but you're really stretching here. I absolutely did not give anything away. A.) I didn't really know anyone in this game. I never had anybody on my friend's list or anything. B.) At the risk of sounding like a selfish jerk, I would never never never give my stuff away. I have been playing MMO's for the better part of 14 years and know there is a good chance I might come back.

Fair enough, but some players do give away their equipment when they leave and since I don't know you, then it was a possible scenario that might have happened. I am the same way and would never give anything away if I left due to the same reason. Since the game is F2P, then you can come back whenever you want and maybe Cryptic will get your Energy Credits issue resolved if you come back.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For some short term entertainment this game is always good - just don't expect too much and you will be fine!!

KDF - PvP - Sci and the idea that Cryptic gave the KDF a decent Science ship - that made me laugh:rolleyes: and cry:(

all those things are getting a dedicated season sometime soon™ I hear:P
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's amazing to see how some people (namely the Cryptic Defenders™) have worked themselves into a lather over a simple matter of opinion. :rolleyes: Now back to my popcorn.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's amazing to see how some people (namely the Cryptic Defenders™) have worked themselves into a lather over a simple matter of opinion. :rolleyes: Now back to my popcorn.

At this time of year the forums are so dead that it would take a whole day downtime to see some real activity in these parts. No need to get ready for a show that's not really playing.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Honestly if you're going to consult any video game forum for advice on whether or not to return to a game, you've already made up your mind before you even started typing.

This sums up the thread.

Plus I think that the OP would get lost in all the new content sort of like how new players get lost in exploration clusters. :rolleyes:
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
    edited June 2014

Is this a fleet and how do you know that they belong to this fleet? Since forum posters don't usually advertise what fleet they are in. Although I am not sure what they are defending. Are they cryptic about what they are defending so no one knows what they defend or do they defend anything that is cryptic?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Is this a fleet and how do you know that they belong to this fleet? Since forum posters don't usually advertise what fleet they are in. Although I am not sure what they are defending. Are they cryptic about what they are defending so no one knows what they defend or do they defend anything that is cryptic?

ok, I need your apology, I just nearly fell out my chair laughing. :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited June 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    ok, I need your apology, I just nearly fell out my chair laughing. :P

I am sorry if my question nearly caused you physical harm. If humor doesn't cause people to "bust a gut" or almost cause other physical harm to person by hearing about it, then it is just not that funny. roflmao means a joke is actually funny while lol is rather mediocre.
    edited June 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    I am sorry if my question nearly caused you physical harm. If humor doesn't cause people to "bust a gut" or almost cause other physical harm to person by hearing about it, then it is just not that funny. roflmao means a joke is actually funny while lol is rather mediocre.

wait :eek: I wasn't excepting you to humor me.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The KDF still get shafted.

If you notice ESD gets destroyed in “Surface Tension” and POW, a new ESD.

The same thing happens to the KDF ship yard and POW! We get the same old ship yard.

See total KDF shaft.

:(
    edited June 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »
    The KDF still get shafted.

If you notice ESD gets destroyed in “Surface Tension” and POW, a new ESD.

The same thing happens to the KDF ship yard and POW! We get the same old ship yard.

See total KDF shaft.

:(

good, I like our ship yard.

whiny fed with their compulsive need for shiny space stations it's a disgrace wasting time that could be spent on new weapons. bah :mad:

p.s. I'm joking :P but I do like the current shipyard and see no need for a new one.