test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about a latnium to lobi conversion?

dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The "entrepreneurs" of the lobi consortium are ferengi right?

Surely they would consider latnium a valuable currency...

Why not have a 10k latnium for 1 lobi? (or something that seems plausible)

I can't picture it being a super exploitable venture, I could be wrong though

Thoughts?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Post edited by dahminus on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Considering latinum is free, It would probably be 1:10,000,000 conversion rate...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since the method to get latinum is gambling and costs you tiny amounts of EC in comparison I do not see this happening at all.
    They may do the opposite however. Allow you to convert lobi to GPL.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Erm, no lol. This wil never happen. You can literally gain millions of latinum just gambling a ridiculous ammount of EC.

Lobi crystals are really expensive and really hard to get. It is a completely different currency.

The day something like this happens, STO will be really done.
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While flavorful, from a design standpoint it is impractical since it creates another linkage between currencies and in this case a cycle in which three currencies become much more interchangeable. When deciding to create these linkages, one must consider the ramifications this liquidity creates. In this case bringing lobi to the same liquidity level as EC or Latinum.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I can't picture it being a super exploitable venture, I could be wrong though

Thoughts?

"Could be?" You serious? EC -> Latinum is such a straight conversion I can't imagine how you could seriously not see the gaping flaw with this idea.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not happening.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Could be?" You serious? EC -> Latinum is such a straight conversion I can't imagine how you could seriously not see the gaping flaw with this idea.

Actually I agree with this idea. Right now I can think of 4 in game currencies in use. Ec, latinum, dilithium, and zen. With zen you can directly buy a key that will give you lobis. With dilithium you can convert your dil into zen and then buy keys. With ec you can buy keys off the exchange from other people who used zen. Latinum is the odd man out. Why single it out like that, especially when it's the awsomest currency?
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Buy Holoemitters/sunglasses for Latinum -> put them into the exchange -> wait -> when sold -> buy Key ->open Lockbox and get 4+X Lobi.

Mission accomplished!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this might sound odd, but what on gods green earth is GPL used for,i looked but cant find anything but some trophy it seems. i could have missed where it is show what it is good for, been advised i have selective vision at times.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Considering latinum is free, It would probably be 1:10,000,000 conversion rate...

I was just thinking that. All you have to do is play dabo, have your doffs play dabo, or buy event items and trade them. GPL is INSANELY easy to bet. It wouldn't make sense for them to make it tradable for lobi.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rondora wrote: »
    this might sound odd, but what on gods green earth is GPL used for,i looked but cant find anything but some trophy it seems. i could have missed where it is show what it is good for, been advised i have selective vision at times.

Nothing important. I promise.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rondora wrote: »

Holo-emitters and Subspace Party Amplifiers. Freeing Deferi Slaves in a certain repeatable dil mission. Not much beyond that.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,366 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Yea... GPL is kind of a pointless currency as it is now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)