test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you like to see most in the Foundry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A 3D editor. Anything else is secondary.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    #1. A front end that allows for better searches, with more than 50 results. Because if a tree fall in the woods and no one can find it in the search results...

#2. A more stable back end. "Read my lips no new bugs!"

#3. Take it out of Beta.

I honestly could be happy if they never add a new Federation costume save for ev suits. The biggest asset I feel I need are opening doors for all factions and better windows.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The ability to have Foundry missions that meet certain criteria offer Rep Marks as rewards - to help alleviate the feeling some folks have about there not being enough content introduced for each of the Reps...
  • Options
    capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I would like to see are ship interior maps that represent a proper system of corridors for authors to use. Imagine the TOS interior map (the corridors with engineering, briefing room, ect.) This is an example of how corridors *should* be on a starship. A hallway (either straight or curved) with rooms branching out from it. Now look at the standard vacant fed interiors we have to choose from. Three or four rooms individually connected by a corridor. In otherwords, you start in room A and in order to get to room C, you MUST walk through room B.

Many times, I've found myself attempting to make my own interior corridor systems from scratch. It would be amazing if the devs would put out a few corridor maps patterned off of various set themes (TNG, TOS, Voyager, Klingon, Romulan) only just have the corridors (circular or straight) with rooms branching off. But:

- Do not put anything in these rooms except for maybe a viewport looking at the stars outside. Let the author decide what this room will be and provide the resources for the author to furnish it appropriately.

- Do not put doors in the entries leading into these rooms, leave that to the authors. They can decide if they want a TOS door or a TNG door, they can decide the color and so on.
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The one thing that I would like to see in the STO Foundry is the ability to create customizable interiors similar to the way that the Neverwinter Foundry allows.
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All the previous advices looks precious to me... I wish a 3d editor that is not only aimed at orienting visually your stuff, but also at create stuff, import .obj objects for example... that would be really great.

Real hurting flames and plasma leakings wouldn't be bad either...

Systems, systems of corridors... even alien ones... I did go crazy to try create an Elachi base interior... something like Alien Starship Wall 01, 02, 03 would help !

Circular shaped corridor... a couple of sections...

Windows and GLASSES... yes, please have some glass surface oriented vertically and pavement like...

Section of starship corridors, even narrow ones, Federal, Klingon, Romulan style...

Some other small craft other than the poor hyperused mk 8 shuttle. And a small Klingon one, plus a small Romulan one...

How about a STARSHIP that can be used on outdoor maps. Voyager used to land on planets, from time to time... a starship with retractive gears, while we are at it

And for last, but certainly not to be the least... the chance to really, really diverge your story in the story editor, so that from one map, I could end up in two different rows of maps... story branches, in short...
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As strictly a player and not an author, I'd like the title of the mission to fade in and out like the official missions.