test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Renegades new confirmed tv show!

schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Ten Forward
http://startrekrenegades.com/home/
I just saw the trailers for this and it is frakin awesome.

Post edited by schmedicke on

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    like to wherever this info comes from??? also this is more suited for Ten Forward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's not a new TV show, just a pilot to get one started.
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry I meant to hit the ? mark on my smart phone and now it wont let me change the title of the thread.
    It should read "Star Trek Renegades new confirmed tv show?"
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2014
    I might take it seriously if the website didn't look like something I might have written a decade ago. :(

[Edit]
    And this belongs in Ten Forward!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    I might take it seriously if the website didn't look like something I might have written a decade ago. :(

Shockingly, there's a lot of professional websites that still look like that.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The daughter of Khan, this could prove interesting if they can get it to become the first full featured trek series since Enterprise.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    been following this on FB for a few months now.....its coming along quite well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm more interested in Axanar.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, that has been around for a while. They are working on a crowd-funded pilot to convince CBS to take it on as a show. So nothing is certain except that we will get a free online movie. If you're interested, a few of the people who work on Renegades also work on Star Trek Continues, a continuation of TOS on Youtube.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If that project makes it into full production (I doubt it since CBS doesn't seem interested in touching the IP ever again) - I don't know, am I the only one who'd rather see a "classic" Star Trek series as opposed to this rogue-agent-spy-jack-bauer nonsense?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    will have to see if the film first is upto standard for the role, their cgi needs to be a quantum leap to the level of phase 2 (already a money drive towards that aim even before i hit their site) and so would the acting to a great caliber, if the film proves very popular it could just be enough to convince cbs, but im not a member of cbs so i wouldnt know if cbs has any interest in trek as it is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yay more TRIBBLE Trek, this is not real Trek:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yay more TRIBBLE Trek, this is not real Trek:D

why dont you get a a few triple digit million out of the bank and try buy the trek ip. cbs i dunno if they will ever do a trek series of their own, meanwhile you got dedicated trekkies trying to make up something plausible.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    why dont you get a a few triple digit million out of the bank and try buy the trek ip. cbs i dunno if they will ever do a trek series of their own, meanwhile you got dedicated trekkies trying to make up something plausible.

The worst people to put in charge of the IP are Trekkies
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Still looks like a b-rated show to me. A few big names don't mean it's guaranteed to be good.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That one just keeps popping up now, dosne't it.

That's what... the 6'th time in the last 6 months someone posted it...

Heck... might even qualify for my "Dead horse rising" thread by now.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    If that project makes it into full production (I doubt it since CBS doesn't seem interested in touching the IP ever again) - I don't know, am I the only one who'd rather see a "classic" Star Trek series as opposed to this rogue-agent-spy-jack-bauer nonsense?
    Agreed.

It seems they are desperately trying to make Star Trek "different".

On the other hand, i think a classic made Trek series would be pulled into pieces by most internet communities nowadays. If there had been todays internet communities in the late 80's, i think TNG wouldn't have survived one season (and justifiably so).

Will "Renegades" be sucessful? i don't know.

But i belive ppl have much different expectations regarding special effects and quality of storytelling than 10 years ago and i am not sure if "Renegardes" can come up to those expectations.

I must say i'd rather like to see a 1ship&1crew kind of series.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »

I've thought a lot about the previous Star Trek series, and I'm curious about their take on it. TOS and TNG were nice utopian visions, but let's be honest, it's incredibly easy to say that torture is wrong and barbaric if every time you need information from an enemy to save the day you have a telepathic alien around. DS9 had a few more tough choices, but I'm not really happy with the answers it provided (there is a reason the devs seem to be Section 31 fanboys), Voyager was extremely inconsistent so I can't say anything about that and Enterprise was a mess.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

it depends if their thinking has been poisoned by bias or absurdness or something silly.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Nope, the worst people to put in charge of Star Trek are Star Wars fans. Just look at Jar-Jar Abrams.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    looks better then i hoped :D
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    syfyguy64syfyguy64 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, yes, a star trek series. Enterprise was such a great series, why not see if we can make another one?
    But it seems to have the darker feel of BSG, so maybe it'll make a good 3 seasons before it flops.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nope, the worst people to put in charge of Star Trek are Star Wars fans. Just look at Jar-Jar Abrams.
    it depends if their thinking has been poisoned by bias or absurdness or something silly.

I think it's a mixture of all...

On one hand, you have the people who don't understand the idea behind ST, and want to go more SW on it, with more pew pew pew and less thinking.

On the other hand, theres the people who have been digging into books, that often tend to ignore continuity even more than the series themselves who want that to translate into the series.

And then the of cause there are the super-hard core ST fans, who are unable to see that for an IP to survive, it needs to adapt and grow and not just be the same old romance.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I think it's a mixture of all...

On one hand, you have the people who don't understand the idea behind ST, and want to go more SW on it, with more pew pew pew and less thinking.

On the other hand, theres the people who have been digging into books, that often tend to ignore continuity even more than the series themselves who want that to translate into the series.

And then the of cause there are the super-hard core ST fans, who are unable to see that for an IP to survive, it needs to adapt and grow and not just be the same old romance.

Too true. Unfortunately established franchises usually either get the "more of the same" or "dumb down" treatment. That's why I'm curious about Renegades. It definitely dares to make something different.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Here here!

I saw the trailer for Renegades a few months ago and I wasn't impressed. Mostly for the bad sound editing (High freq static etc). I have never really watched anything made by Tim Ross as a director so I will try to keep a open mind till I see the final product, but Renegades trailer really didn't get my hopes up.

Axanar however seems so much more professional with a better FX department and actors.
    Only thing I don't like with Axanar is the time period. I always prefer a continuation of the current Star trek timeline (TNG, DS9, VOY, Nemesis). People are so hyped to get back to Kirk's time, something I had enough of from Enterprise, even if that timeline is even further back. "We are weak, we don't know how to fight, help Transporters are evil!"
    I suppose everything comes down to nostalgia over when you started to watch Star Trek.

With that said, I wonder if a large scale war would start if CBS approves a new series. Even if Paramount has the movie rights, a new series NOT based on the J.J universe would get the people confused on why there are two complete opposite versions of Star Trek.
    So new Star Trek show can't live on trekkies, you have to make the general public interested as well.

Already heard rumors how Bad Robot tried to eliminate the original series so J.J verison would be the only one.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Aesthetically it looks like Abrams Trek.... Edit, okay that's a bit unfair. But it suffers from one of the same problems as Enterprise. It's not a believable prequel.
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    http://startrekrenegades.com/home/
    I just saw the trailers for this and it is frakin awesome.

I do believe this is a fan fiction production, similar to "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFqAME7dx58

It's by the same production house.
    It's also not canon.
    However, for a fan fiction production, such an undertaking, getting actual cast members from the various Star Trek productions, it really is quite impressive.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Renegades looks like a Trek answer to Firefly... years after the event. It would have made sense as a direct follow-on to Enterprise or Voyager, when people were immersed in the setting, but we're nearly a decade on from that point.

The challenge is for Trek to do what Doctor Who has done stunningly well - come back after a long absence, keep what the old fans loved and was good, while delivering a series that is accessible to new fans.

IMO, that means keeping the explorers aspect even if a way is needed to make it "darker and edgier". Perhaps revisiting the mooted Final Frontier animated series concept...?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    staq16 wrote: »
    IMO, that means keeping the explorers aspect even if a way is needed to make it "darker and edgier". Perhaps revisiting the mooted Final Frontier animated series concept...?

It did have some nice ideas but also truly horrible ones.