test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher stuck patching

Title sums it up. its stuck in a stage of forever patching. missed 2 days of risa pearl missions from it just locking up yesterday. tried relaunching arc, patching for tribble and switching back to holodeck but nothing. help?
Post edited by mattman147 on

Comments

• jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So much for a quick ISE whilst dinner was in the oven, cannot get launcher to load. Stuck on trying to connect then patching then trying to connect.

Was playing fine 2 hours ago.

Edit
    Managed to get launcher up, took ages for engage to come up and now its been on cryptic for about a minute before loading characters up
  • mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The launcher isn't working for me, either.... I got the little "trying to update the launcher" box, and on the second run through, it came up, but the launcher is stuck on "connecting" no matter what game I try to send it to.

I'm using Steam, not ARC.
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm getting the same were the Launcher is trying to patch and it hangs on there. I get a message saying it cant connect to the patch server. I'm guessing the patch server is down again
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After a very long wait for the launcher update to download, then another long wait for the Patch to download, I'm in the game...

Seems like the Launcher update has triggered a cascade where EVERYONE is trying to download from the Patch Server, causing a bottleneck... (So for those with this problem, be patient and hang in there...)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Started the launcher and he's updating itself for... the 3rd time, it's in a LOOP :confused:
    How can i resolve this?
  • noobspawnnoobspawn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    freaking amazing, attempted to load client from folder (not arc) and now it is trash/unplayable, gj PW, is this anything to do with ark, never had this happen before and now it has, tried launching from ark, same thing ... we looking at broke software, connections not taking place in miniwindow (pre launch updater)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewm00mewm00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Logged in earlier in the day no problem, I log out and take a break and return 2 to 3 hours later and the launcher can't update. After about 30 minutes of it refusing to update it finally does update the launcher and I can log into the game. No idea what causes this but I hope it doesn't take this long later just to log into the game because of the launcher acting up.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dont use Ark, I dont like middle men on my machine.

I install a game I want to click the ******* shortcut and play I dont want another program to open, I dont want to goto a ******* website like with BF3 when I click a shortcut for a GAME I want the damn game to load.

Its why I dont use steam, went to load it up to play Sniper Elite V2 when my broadband was down and it wanted to connect to the internet to go into offline mode, thank god all I got is Sniper Elite on there.
    edited June 2014
    mewm00 wrote: »
    Logged in earlier in the day no problem, I log out and take a break and return 2 to 3 hours later and the launcher can't update. After about 30 minutes of it refusing to update it finally does update the launcher and I can log into the game. No idea what causes this but I hope it doesn't take this long later just to log into the game because of the launcher acting up.

thank god (or Q will do XD ) that this is not just me, wow, was playing a second ago myself, looks like a cascade failure lol (or someone was not feeding the hampsters again) well, glad it is not just me ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have any of you gotten a message when you hit engage... "Too many attempts, please try again later"?

I tried to get a lifetime sub but the system told me my password was incorrect (which i don't understand because I can get logged in here no problem) So I tried again and now I get that too many attempts message.... All I want to do is give them money yet I can't even get into the game to play.... this has been going on since 9am eastern time.

I did put in a ticket 8 hours ago but got no reply as of yet.... Any ideas?
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah same here, after the n-th 27mb downbload for the launcher and 15-16 connection attempts, it says "impossible to establish a connection to the server" every time... it's kinda frustrating (from italy)

DEVS/CRYPTIC, come here please and take a look at this!
    edited June 2014
    someone was watching P**n again and possibley loaded it up with maleware :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cajunbrazilcajunbrazil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Server go kaput. No workey workey.
    edited June 2014
    Server go kaput. No workey workey.

^ this ladies and gentlemen, is a textile hero! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]