What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bikinis only on risa?

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    Because CBS said so. Shut up about this already.

I call you out .....thats a lie pure and simple made up by you

Prove it or shut up yourself

meanwhile my orions will wear their uniform Bikini in all content

Because they can.... maybe CBS gets the jollies looks ay orion booty ? there not restricted

So much for your blantent lie bout CBS
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

I call you out .....thats a lie pure and simple made up by you

Prove it or shut up yourself

meanwhile my orions will wear their uniform Bikini in all content

Because they can.... maybe CBS gets the jollies looks ay orion booty ? there not restricted

So much for your blantent lie bout CBS

CBS has to approve everything they put in this game.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    CBS and cryptic have a contract like all companys do

Telling cryptic what they can do and cannot without authorization

CBS is not going to micro manage every move cryptic makes

I call BS on your statement unless you have proff that cryptic cannot make any decision about content without CBSs authorization

I look foward to seeing your proof

• Options
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    CBS and cryptic have a contract like all companys do

Telling cryptic what they can do and cannot without authorization

CBS is not going to micro manage every move cryptic makes

I call BS on your statement unless you have proff that cryptic cannot make any decision about content without CBSs authorization

I look foward to seeing your proof
    You can just deny every single time a dev has stated what they can and cannot do in many posts in the forum then. Because that seems like what yer gonna do regardless.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You can just deny every single time a dev has stated what they can and cannot do in many posts in the forum then. Because that seems like what yer gonna do regardless.

I saw the same posts

most were t5 connie or a new ship from soft canon......vesta..........or a player created ship the oddessy

never sw anything about a uniform or armor or the design of the rep sustem or trait revamp

show your proof

you dont have any

show a dev saying or a cbs document that states CBS micro manages evert piece o content cryptic wants to make

just admit it your making it up

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014

And do you realize that the "DEVS" cant even talk for their bosses, right?? they are just employers, you know that, right?? and even so, do you realize they cant tell you almost anything, right?? and do you realize, because of that, almost anything they say its pure especulation?? and do you realize that since more than a year ago, the devs are not there anymore??, you do, right?? do you think i am going to really pay attention on what a dev said, when they cant even fix the most dumb things on the game?? haha, dont make me laugh.

I really dont get the obsession some of u have with the "devs". You guys really love that word and i dont think you know what that word really means.. xD

Of course CBS must aprove everything, but honestly i dont think thats the case, it doesnt matter what the devs say (because they dont have a closer idea, honestly even if you keep trying to convince youself of the opposite), and BTW, we still have people on qonos wearing swimsuits.. i dont think CBS give a fuxxx lol.
  • Options
    kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Someone found a workaround. I'm the Klingon.
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    I dont get the point of a restriction at all...

people like walking around in their desired looks... just make it off duty...restricting stuff to risa is boring.. since when the event is over no one will be there...and the swimwear will barely be seen (( except the KDF exploiters/Bugusers who will wear them at Drozana and other places ...))---"so much work" for something that will vanish after the event...

its already stupid to see some people with cat tails who are no cats...if you google what it is it is a leftover from some tailor command that got deleted...

but people still have this "extra feature" ....and that is not fair.. especially not to people who would like to play a different species...why cant we all use tails? atleast ALIENs...

Restrictions are unfair.. no matter if they are intended or not and its even more unfair if the restrictions arent affecting ALL players....

P.S. i dont see this as complainment.. i just state my opinion about this matter

it isnt game breaking but its still not fair at all.

No offense to Flash, and in part to Chaos's statements, anyone sporting bikini's off risa, wearing tails, Borg bits, Fed clothes as a KDF Romulan, or any other combination of these or other observed 'hacks' is pure and simple exploitation, and should be punished. It doesnt matter how or why the person or people are doing these things it is giving that player an unfair advantage. People can and do use and flaunt these types of exploits is because this game has ZERO GM's.
    And that is the problem.
    The devs are way too busy to deal with this type of stuff and the CS agents that handle our 'tickets' have literally no power in the game, so as such people find and flaunt the TRIBBLE out of every exploit possible, when in actuality they should be getting reprimanded and punished by GM's.

morchades wrote: »
    My point is, there's a difference between this and the Orion gear, because the Orion gear is keyed to colors that are not green and Orion characters. Like he said above, there's no way around this with aliens. I can see why they restricted it to the beach planet.

As for being more mature and not leering, its not leering if someone streaks by and you get a little distracted and it is not unreasonable to find it unsettling. .

Let's all grow up and be honest. Its not immersion, its culture. Its the comfort of the players. It is the baseline of Western culture (particularly American) to find it unsettling in regular settings and its a liberal attitude to be okay with it on the beach, and as this game has a massive American base you can't just say "its your problem". Much as some people seem to want it to be, it is not an TRIBBLE-rated game we're playing.

Really, with the Orion gear and the Mirrorverse mid-drift tops and the short skirts you have more than enough ridiculous female costume options to throw around. Well, for female Captains. For some strange reason I can't make a male human Captain shirtless except on Risa (which is in the show and acceptable in American culture but they've never budged on it), and that was an uneven standard even before female Captains could streak Risa.

Specifically this part of Morchades's statement: My point is, there's a difference between this and the Orion gear, because the Orion gear is keyed to colors that are not green and Orion characters. Like he said above, there's no way around this with aliens.
    We need to have a unified color pallet for clothing, there are just too many. A color pallet specifically for the 'alien' race that is 'off' shades of the unified color pallet so people can not walk around looking nude. Those 2 fixes would solve many issues like this.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whats silly about this rule of Risa only for bikini's,is that orion females can wear them anywhere,so why not other race females anywhere?????? Please answer that one anyone at cryptic????
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And do you realize that the "DEVS" cant even talk for their bosses, right?? they are just employers, you know that, right?? and even so, do you realize they cant tell you almost anything, right?? and do you realize, because of that, almost anything they say its pure especulation?? and do you realize that since more than a year ago, the devs are not there anymore??, you do, right?? do you think i am going to really pay attention on what a dev said, when they cant even fix the most dumb things on the game?? haha, dont make me laugh.

I really dont get the obsession some of u have with the "devs". You guys really love that word and i dont think you know what that word really means.. xD

Of course CBS must aprove everything, but honestly i dont think thats the case, it doesnt matter what the devs say (because they dont have a closer idea, honestly even if you keep trying to convince youself of the opposite), and BTW, we still have people on qonos wearing swimsuits.. i dont think CBS give a fuxxx lol.
    I am well aware what "dev" means.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Whats silly about this rule of Risa only for bikini's,is that orion females can wear them anywhere,so why not other race females anywhere?????? Please answer that one anyone at cryptic????

It has been answered millions of times and if you watched the shows you wouldn't be asking. The Orion "bikini", although not a bikini in the conventional sense, is the Orions' uniform/formal/standard attire. It's part of their culture and it's canon, just like everybody running in bikinis on Federation starbases is contrary to that canon.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ppl trying to use the word canon when we have starfleet captains flying around in bio ships........

this game has gone far beyond the point of canon far beyond point of logic to this game is a carnival theme park with a star trek skin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    ppl trying to use the word canon when we have starfleet captains flying around in bio ships........

this game has gone far beyond the point of canon far beyond point of logic to this game is a carnival theme park with a star trek skin

I completely understand what you're saying, but I made it clear many moons ago that my opinion is against the cliche "well since we have this dumb thing here and that idiotic thing there, let's just give up on everything and make it all as insane and stupid as possible".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I completely understand what you're saying, but I made it clear many moons ago that my opinion is against the cliche "well since we have this dumb thing here and that idiotic thing there, let's just give up on everything and make it all as insane and stupid as possible".

and i also get why ppl dont not want to see it on ESD witch is why i ask for mission use like FE - foundry mission yes i would like but dont need this one ground STF's but most importantly single player missions

this my thing if im playing alone maybe unless you pug you would never see my sexy romulan in her white bikini off of Risa unless like i said you pug or group with some friend or fleet member that wants to you use it but places like ESD especially restrict it from their

cant we meet half way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You'll have to explain to me what you are implying.

Think about it real hard.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Think about it real hard.

I can only assume you are implying something explicit.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

I can color my TNG uniform green so immersion is dead therefore lets run around ESD in bikinis.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    for the sake of the arguement if bikinis finally leave risa for everywhere, i request that if more bikinis come that the extreme ones stay on risa, sheer bikini, microkini, monokini and sling bikini's for the women. i mean you asking for absurd. then give the community some of what they want but leave the best bit on risa :P. however i dont think the monokini would ever get into the game though, thats a bit exotic even for risa.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No, you can't wear a bikini while battling Klingons (a pretty dress and high heels though should be ok)

What you need to be wearing is a Starfleet uniform. Something dignified and respectable. Something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/sJgy0C2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    No, you can't wear a bikini while battling Klingons (a pretty dress and high heels though should be ok)

What you need to be wearing is a Starfleet uniform. Something dignified and respectable. Something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/sJgy0C2.jpg

i miss that sexy vulcan and her half sister the romulan to :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @jellico1
    The proof that you are looking/asking for, to my understanding, can cost someone their job and/or criminal charges for leaking confidential internal documents (or whatever the accusation is) besides that contract that you mentioned would most likely cover ships and major events of which the summer event IMHO is, so yes CBS could say swimware on Risa only.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best response I've ever heard about the swimsuit topic was something along the lines of if everybody was so keen to wear bikinis all the time the game would be swarmed with KDF playing their Orions.

Wearable swimwear would have a month or 2 of all swimwear all the time, and then most of the playerbase would go back to their old reliable, or move on to the new shiny.

This a new millennium. If I want to see skin on my computer I have more then enough options available to me, and I look good enough in a bikini in real life to just wear one.

I just refuse to grind for something I can only use in one zone that I'll only be in during one event, and doesn't even really help me while I am there. I might not even get the doffs. I hate grinding favors.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Best response I've ever heard about the swimsuit topic was something along the lines of if everybody was so keen to wear bikinis all the time the game would be swarmed with KDF playing their Orions.

Wearable swimwear would have a month or 2 of all swimwear all the time, and then most of the playerbase would go back to their old reliable, or move on to the new shiny.

This a new millennium. If I want to see skin on my computer I have more then enough options available to me, and I look good enough in a bikini in real life to just wear one.

I just refuse to grind for something I can only use in one zone that I'll only be in during one event, and doesn't even really help me while I am there. I might not even get the doffs. I hate grinding favors.
    Thank you for bringing some sanity back to this thread, and for returning it to topic ...

I agree, that in reality it would be a short term "fad" where people would wear them on ESD or Qo'noS, but if they made it available to everyone, the "Ooh look at me, I'm special, because I'm being naughty" attitude would dissipate very quickly.

Even now we have the "Die hards" and "Try hards" on Risa with their "Gorn in Pink Swim Trunks" or their "Flesh Coloured Bikini to pretend to be nude" players ... But then, I see more Lara Croft lookalikes in the Beachcomber outfit, and many players are wanting to accessorize with Shirts, Skirts, Headgear and Footwear ... And even a bunch that insists on wearing their Environmental suits when on Risa! ...

I can't see the harm in it myself, and it would certainly make the time it takes to "grind" for the outfit more worthwhile.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Good points.

Too bad it will be overlooked in the **** storm that usually accompanies this alleged "issue".
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    FYI (again) Today's Patch (Thurs 19th) is removing this "bug", or so Cryptic hopes I guess.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This makes me sad. The devs could have fixed the many KDF issues (including costume issues), gave kit modules a category on the exchange, etc. But no, of all bugs they could squash the devs fixed...swimsuits. Woohoo.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    ... And even a bunch that insists on wearing their Environmental suits when on Risa! ...
    Hey, the EV Suit Dance Party is the best party on Risa, and those EV suits protect us from all that horrible sunlight. It's too bright in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey, the EV Suit Dance Party is the best party on Risa, and those EV suits protect us from all that horrible sunlight. It's too bright in here.

You aren't fooling anybody, Slamek.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Heh. That would have been me that said that. :P
    bendalek wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing some sanity back to this thread, and for returning it to topic ...

I agree, that in reality it would be a short term "fad" where people would wear them on ESD or Qo'noS, but if they made it available to everyone, the "Ooh look at me, I'm special, because I'm being naughty" attitude would dissipate very quickly.

Even now we have the "Die hards" and "Try hards" on Risa with their "Gorn in Pink Swim Trunks" or their "Flesh Coloured Bikini to pretend to be nude" players ... But then, I see more Lara Croft lookalikes in the Beachcomber outfit, and many players are wanting to accessorize with Shirts, Skirts, Headgear and Footwear ... And even a bunch that insists on wearing their Environmental suits when on Risa! ...

I can't see the harm in it myself, and it would certainly make the time it takes to "grind" for the outfit more worthwhile.

It's funny you mention this, because my crew of Orion Pirates is currently decked out in the Korath gear. Imagine that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since all the party stuff is now opened to risa to be spammed to high hell....balloons all over the race course...yeah...

the simple solution is just allow the swimwear to be wearable in all social zones...

ie DS9 (we have holodecks somewhere around there)
    Drozana
    Bajor (it does have a pool and to mention...would the surfboards work there??)

any map that has people wanting to kill you (including fuzzy epohhs) ie new Romulus should have it disabled...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    Since all the party stuff is now opened to risa to be spammed to high hell....balloons all over the race course...yeah...

the simple solution is just allow the swimwear to be wearable in all social zones...

ie DS9 (we have holodecks somewhere around there)
    Drozana
    Bajor (it does have a pool and to mention...would the surfboards work there??)

any map that has people wanting to kill you (including fuzzy epohhs) ie new Romulus should have it disabled...

Agreed. And also add to that our bridges. :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg