test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bikinis only on risa?

Comments

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    That's poor programming and not the fault of the users, even if they are doing it to troll.

Ummm, poor programming? Do you even know what "poor programming" actually is? :rolleyes:

Skin/Tan colored swimwear exists in real life, theres no problem with it.
    Nor should the rest of us be "punished" because an immature few may want to try to look naked at a distance.

In fact I dare say it really is impossible to implement such a restriction, given that the "Alien" species can basicly choose any color of the rainbow. :P
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ummm, poor programming? Do you even know what "poor programming" actually is? :rolleyes:

Skin/Tan colored swimwear exists in real life, theres no problem with it.
    Nor should the rest of us be "punished" because an immature few may want to try to look naked at a distance.

In fact I dare say it really is impossible to implement such a restriction, given that the "Alien" species can basicly choose any color of the rainbow. :P

Poor decision making then I guess. Just don't have transparent bathing suits or people can be a little more mature and stop leering at people with suits like this. Sounds like a few of you are being driven by morbid curiousity and just can't help yourselves.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Going a step further, maybe try to get the Winter event jetpack compliant and enable ion boards on the lake.

Make all the events places where all event items and costumes can be used and focus on adding an event or two every year from here on out rather than further tweaking the existing ones too much.

So you want people wearing string bikinis in the middle of a winter wonderland? :P
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Swimwear only on Risa is fine. Thank you Cryptic for including it.

Hope there might be more "male" options next year?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So you want people wearing string bikinis in the middle of a winter wonderland? :P

It's Q's Winter Wonderland full of gingerbread men. Why not?
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited June 2014
    I dont get the point of a restriction at all...

people like walking around in their desired looks... just make it off duty...restricting stuff to risa is boring.. since when the event is over no one will be there...and the swimwear will barely be seen (( except the KDF exploiters/Bugusers who will wear them at Drozana and other places ...))---"so much work" for something that will vanish after the event...

its already stupid to see some people with cat tails who are no cats...if you google what it is it is a leftover from some tailor command that got deleted...

but people still have this "extra feature" ....and that is not fair.. especially not to people who would like to play a different species...why cant we all use tails? atleast ALIENs...

Restrictions are unfair.. no matter if they are intended or not and its even more unfair if the restrictions arent affecting ALL players....

P.S. i dont see this as complainment.. i just state my opinion about this matter

it isnt game breaking but its still not fair at all.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was ok with the "immersion" argument... until I bought my female captain a bikini and saw her in it holding a gun. Now I'm thinking, yeah she needs to be able to go into battle like this! :D

So, how about a little compromise. We can wear our various "summer clothing" anywhere, but ONLY during the summer event.
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Poor decision making then I guess. Just don't have transparent bathing suits or people can be a little more mature and stop leering at people with suits like this. Sounds like a few of you are being driven by morbid curiousity and just can't help yourselves.

My point is, there's a difference between this and the Orion gear, because the Orion gear is keyed to colors that are not green and Orion characters. Like he said above, there's no way around this with aliens. I can see why they restricted it to the beach planet.

As for being more mature and not leering, its not leering if someone streaks by and you get a little distracted and it is not unreasonable to find it unsettling. .
    I was ok with the "immersion" argument... until I bought my female captain a bikini and saw her in it holding a gun. Now I'm thinking, yeah she needs to be able to go into battle like this! :D

So, how about a little compromise. We can wear our various "summer clothing" anywhere, but ONLY during the summer event.

Let's all grow up and be honest. Its not immersion, its culture. Its the comfort of the players. It is the baseline of Western culture (particularly American) to find it unsettling in regular settings and its a liberal attitude to be okay with it on the beach, and as this game has a massive American base you can't just say "its your problem". Much as some people seem to want it to be, it is not an TRIBBLE-rated game we're playing.

Really, with the Orion gear and the Mirrorverse mid-drift tops and the short skirts you have more than enough ridiculous female costume options to throw around. Well, for female Captains. For some strange reason I can't make a male human Captain shirtless except on Risa (which is in the show and acceptable in American culture but they've never budged on it), and that was an uneven standard even before female Captains could streak Risa.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I remember people asking last year about getting bikinis and this year we get bikinis

BUUUT!! only useable on risa id like to know the thinking behind this move and why does it really matter whether we wear bikinis on or off risa.

I mean honestley why does it matter if some players want to go charging into battle in bikinis or not if they can fight well then thats what matters.

But really why cant we use the bikinis off of risa

Because CBS said so. Shut up about this already.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Someone found a workaround. I'm the Klingon.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Someone found a workaround. I'm the Klingon.

I'm impressed. Is that Qo'nos?
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because CBS said so. Shut up about this already.

People keep repeating this as if it were fact, But I have yet to see anyone at all actually provide any hard proof to back that statement up.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morchades wrote: »
    I'm impressed. Is that Qo'nos?
    Yeah, that's Qo'nos.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »

you have never seen people bikini skiing?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    redacted statement
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you have never seen people bikini skiing?

Snow Bunnies for FTW

Bikini + KHG Cloak and Boots ... Hmmm, still need the Ushanka to go with it though ... Art Team, Get on it!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is no workaround, the bikinis do not automatically switch off on KDF characters period. On Qo'nos, at your Starbase, in missions, you name it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    There is no workaround, the bikinis do not automatically switch off on KDF characters period. On Qo'nos, at your Starbase, in missions, you name it.

So they imposed a uniform code on the uniformed faction. But the loose combat and bikini faction they just shrugged. . . And apathy scores a win for the KDF!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Long story very short: It would offend the RP players and we can't have that. They would flood the forums with tears.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zachariya wrote: »
    Long story very short: It would offend the RP players and we can't have that. They would flood the forums with tears.

The irony of this statement is RPer's would love unrestricted bikinis as much as anyone. Imagine the possibilities with, say, Foundry missions, or holodeck-related RP in ship interiors or on any given starbase.

Though I personally disagree with bikinis being fully unrestricted, there are absolutely good arguments for much more relaxed restrictions than we have now. Basically anything that isn't a social hub (barring only the thematically-appropriate Risa maps) or a team-only mission has no reason to be bikini-free.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ltminns wrote: »

This Summer ... it's GOOD to be a Klingon !

.... or Kromulan , or Kreman ...

Going a step further, maybe try to get the Winter event jetpack compliant and enable ion boards on the lake.

I'd love the jetpacks too ... (especially if you could fly around the enlarged version of the parked ship on the mountain) , but the ion boards on the lake is not a good idea , simply because the lake is too small .
    The Risa map seems to be at least 4 times as big as the whole winter event map ... -- possibly even larger ... considering that we're gated from parts of it by invisible walls .
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    This Summer ... it's GOOD to be a Klingon !

.... or Kromulan , or Kreman ...

I'd love the jetpacks too ... (especially if you could fly around the enlarged version of the parked ship on the mountain) , but the ion boards on the lake is not a good idea , simply because the lake is too small .
    The Risa map seems to be at least 4 times as big as the whole winter event map ... -- possibly even larger ... considering that we're gated from parts of it by invisible walls .

Use the board for some down hill snowboarding?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    edited June 2014
    FYI: Latest Tribble Patch Notes, says they are applying an update to stop Swimsuits being used outside of Risa ... "Fun --> Ended"
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    feiqa wrote: »

Now THIS here idea...
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    FYI: Latest Tribble Patch Notes, says they are applying an update to stop Swimsuits being used outside of Risa ... "Fun --> Ended"

The rage will be interesting.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Planning on getting out the lotion are we? :rolleyes:
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Planning on getting out the lotion are we? :rolleyes:

You'll have to explain to me what you are implying.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited June 2014
    No lotion for me ( :confused: ) ... But I'm definetly getting my Bacon Flavoured Popcorn ...
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    feiqa wrote: »

Reconfiguring the antigrav units may prove to be an... interesting challenge... but in theory, it could be done. And the results would be quite enjoyable.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Already posted my opinion on the tribble forum. If you imagine my eye twitching and my mouth frothy as I typed it, that would be an accurate representation. :rolleyes:
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)