test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The (forgotten) Legacy Of Qonos

xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I had a thought recently, as I prepared to jettison the last of my Klingon bridge officers out of the airlock. The High Council determined it was "critical" that all bridge officers be of Romulan decent, taking advantage of the alliance with this Romulan Republic. I look around me now and all I see are dead Romulan eyes staring back at me. Makes me want to kick my targ. Arrg, need more Bloodwine.

Where was I? My thought, yes. I wondered, how different would things be if it were the soldiers of the Empire that had this critical advantage in combat? Would warriors have arrived in droves to the service of the Empire, as they have to New Romulus? Would our numbers have swelled to rival those of even the mighty Federation? Perhaps, instead of peace treaties and cease fires, we would be witnessing the total surrender of those petaQ!

Bah, just the ramblings of a bitter old warrior, I suppose. Perhaps tomorrow, the halls of Sto'vo'kor will finally greet me. Although, for what I have done to my crew, the gates of Gre'thor seem far more likely.

Qapla! And die well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Klingons? KLINGONS? My Space Crew is all Nausicaans, except for my Marauding Human.

My Away Team is all Ferasans.

So there you go. 4 Nausicaans, 1 Human, and 4 Ferasans. Good crew! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You forgot to mention that we have also turned our ships over to Nausicaan Pirates and Human traitors, since they also fly our ships better than our noble Klingon Warriors. Fortunately, our noble Klingon Warriors also happen to out fight Romulans, Nausicaans, and Humans when you need boots on the ground; otherwise, Qo'nos would have fallen to them instead of the Orion girls...

What was that dear, did you want to hear some more romantic poetry? Okay, as long as you promise to hurl heavy objects and growl for me :o
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey, I still use all Klingon crews on my KDF chars. Just doesn't feel right to do it any other way.

Makes the fact that all the dialogue is written for Klingons much less of a problem too. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey, I still use all Klingon crews on my KDF chars. Just doesn't feel right to do it any other way.

Makes the fact that all the dialogue is written for Klingons much less of a problem too. :D

Yep, pretty much this. The game is too easy for the min-maxing stuff anyway, so I build my crews thematically and I don't encounter the doubts and issues the OP is encountering. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You kidding. My Main KDF toon has a harem of KDF officers. Hell has a reman, breen and Jehm'Hadar.

All up to you but my Drow(yes I made one :D) All drow crew, and I also finally made a KDF Klingon officer who has nothing but a Klingon Crew.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I keep my entire away team fully armed Klingons warriors. all my playable toons are only Klingon. but my bridge crew are all subservient unarmed lesser species romulans nausiccans and a couple of leatheans. as I said Unarmed. and my department heads are all Klingons so if any of the other boff get out of line the Klingons can quicky dispose of them.

in theory this frees up more Klingons warriors to to be in their rightful places as captains of warship for the Klingon Empire.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yep, pretty much this. The game is too easy for the min-maxing stuff anyway, so I build my crews thematically and I don't encounter the doubts and issues the OP is encountering. :D

Yeah, my Klingon alt's bridge crew and away team are all Klingon. Wouldn't have it any other way. Leave the diverse crews for the Federation.

(My Romulan main's crew is all Romulan, barring the free liberated borg Reman, who I only use on one ship anyway. But I guess that's close enough to min-maxing to not fit in this thread.)
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My KDF Captain is a Tactical Klingon female.

All my bridge officers are Klingon except for an Orion male and Gorn science officers. They do the annoying science part for me and keep the small percentage of non-Klingon crewmembers feeling.... represented.

But the Orion and Gorn know their place. They're to do the science and keep the minority happy. Otherwise I'm all too happy to show them the airlock.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

This pretty much, I prefer to go with a themed crew rather than a min maxed one. I have mostly Klingons with a sprinkling of the other KDF races here and there.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have 3 rom boff c-store borg on my klingons bop as bridge officers, ground is a mix of the breen jem reman n a orion. Now my sci cat has c-store borg 2 nauiscan human n a rommy, ground 2 klingons n 2 orions. U dont have to go full rommy kdf side ive not n dont plan too.
    Ive one rom char n i most admit that she has nothing but rom reman boff but thats my only char thats gone that way
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Klingons? KLINGONS? My Space Crew is all Nausicaans, except for my Marauding Human.

My Away Team is all Ferasans.

So there you go. 4 Nausicaans, 1 Human, and 4 Ferasans. Good crew! :D

I tried the all-Nausicaan bridge crew ... but they are too ugly so eventually I got rid of them. ;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I tried the all-Nausicaan bridge crew ... but they are too ugly so eventually I got rid of them. ;)

that's why you go to the targ handler (tailor) and get a muzzle for those ugly freaks.

• Options
    tennytententennytenten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Personally, I like Diversity, and try to have at least one of each species on my ship. I don't really care about min maxing, its more for creating characters I can make stories about.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got two KDF toons at the moment. An engineering male and tactical female. The male is only level 3 though so only have the two Klingons Boffs the game gives you.

My female KDF toon has an all Klingon bridge crew with the exception of a female science officer for... ummm.... eye candy... On the bright side she has gravity well 1 & 2. Gonna get another Boff to train her with GW3.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I once had an all Klingon and all Orion crew for each of my Klingon and Orion characters. But with the need for more fire power, I have had to switch over to Nausicaan. It's a sad tale. I will say that no KDF captain should go without a Ferasan. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    I once had an all Klingon and all Orion crew for each of my Klingon and Orion characters. But with the need for more fire power, I have had to switch over to Nausicaan. It's a sad tale. I will say that no KDF captain should go without a Ferasan. :)

I cant see a ferasan on my bridge. the targs would just keep making such a messing rooting around in the kitty litter box.

• Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    i Cant See A Ferasan On My Bridge. The Targs Would Just Keep Making Such A Messing Rooting Around In The Kitty Litter Box.

Lol!!! Too Funny!!!
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    velqua wrote: »

My KDF captain has an all Orion crew, which is proper for the true rulers of the Empire
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want a klingon bridge officer with space trait, i agree with you. I don't like the nausicaans as species but i can not ignore that pirate dmg bonus.

So as we saw in tv shows the klingons like explosive weapons, f.e. they might have "Warhead" trait: +10 projectile weapons, +10 projectile specialization
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well Klingons were more disruptor fans than projectiles, the Feds seem more in favour of torpedos especially when their phasers prove ineffective against bad guy of the week.

Klingon ships were shown mostly being very effective with their disruptor cannons primarily with the odd torpedo mixed in.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Well Klingons were more disruptor fans than projectiles, the Feds seem more in favour of torpedos especially when their phasers prove ineffective against bad guy of the week.

Klingon ships were shown mostly being very effective with their disruptor cannons primarily with the odd torpedo mixed in.

So I still imagine that klingon captain with pop-periscope as the old submarine , which launched a torpedo.

But this discussion was that the Klingons would like space trait , not a nerd rage as those above that they speculate how big it was BoP .