test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should the Tal shiar Dreadnought cruiser be a Carrier?

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
I think the Tal shiar dreadnought cruiser should be a carrier. If its Big enough to pack other ships it should. Only seems resonable IMO. Same with the Hirogen crusier. Now, I'm not saying they should all have 2 hanger bays but, they should have a little something to complement to size.
If you play a big ship all the time this could easily be over looked. Only when I went back to playing my Fleet B'rel did I notice the size of the Tal shiar in all its borg glory. I think cryptic may have already noticed this tho. Look at some of the latest big ships. The Bulwark and Galaxy X. Wish they would go back and give the same treatment the TSDC. I think that maybe the only reason they haven't is because their isn't any tal shiar shuttles. Just my 2 cents on the Dreadnought tho. I've loved it ever since they have come out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have you taken a look at them? While both are large the tal shiar bc is pretty hollow inside and kinda similar with the hirogen one.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No
    /10char
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nah...they cool the way they are
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You are right... I think we'd need some Tal Shiar fighters first. The only hanger pets Romulans have right now are the Scorpions(reman) and the drones, which aside from being frigates, don't really give off much of a 'tal shiar' vibe.

Personally, I'd like to see hanger slots be more prevalent on a lot more cruisers. Seems odd that the Gal X has a hanger slot but the galaxy itself does not.

But more variety in general would be great. Been waiting ages for some Stinger/Naga fighters for KDF, and it would be nice to see some of the TOS-movie shuttles. And of course there should be hanger pet versions of the existing flyable Romulan shuttles.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Should the Tal shiar Dreadnought cruiser be a Carrier?

Nope.

/10char
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Good grief no, the Adapted BC is powerful enough as it is.

And it based on a D'Deridex chassis, which doesnt have a hanger.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what Tal shiar Dreadnought cruiser? you mean the Tal shiar battlecruiser? if it was a dread it would have a hanger already
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Eh... I don't know about making it a carrier. Besides... all those spiky bits might be a navigational hazard for the fighters.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know about you ppl. You remind me of a old man in a rocking chair that disagres with everything anyone says. If someone says the sky is blue, you'll post its purple. If someone says water is wet. You'll swear its dry. Goodness sakes ppl. Anything creative added to the game thats not massively OP is a GOOD thing. I am NOT your enemy. Good Lord. Tuff croud tonight.
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I don't know about you ppl. You remind me of a old man in a rocking chair that disagres with everything anyone says. If someone says the sky is blue, you'll post its purple. If someone says water is wet. You'll swear its dry. Goodness sakes ppl. Anything creative added to the game thats not massively OP is a GOOD thing. I am NOT your enemy. Good Lord. Tuff croud tonight.

And you remind me of someone who makes strawman arguments to deflect the points of others.

You can't write off dissenting views this easily. If someone disagrees, they disagree. Many of the people saying no in this thread presented valid reasons why they think it shouldn't be.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser is just that, a Battle Cruiser (And a stand-in for the Narada)

Now, if you want the Romulans to have a full carrier, I think you should suggest that there be a D'Deridex variant. After all, the D'Deridex does have plenty of room in it's wings for hangars to be fitted.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh gee the old "hey lets buff a ship. THROW A HANGER ON IT!" No, just no.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I call it the Scimitars ugly half borg brother for science officers XD, with sensor analysis, cruiser commands, super durability and excellent seating flexibility, it's the most powerful ship my science officer or any other science officer ever flew and could make proper use of!
  • Options
    nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This isn't the Galaxy-X

You can't just slap a hangar bay on everything it and call it day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]