test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

22th June Marks even disappeared from calendar

abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
The subject says it all.

Much awaited marks weekend has disappeared from calendar. Given how long we've been waiting for that WE DEMAND MARKS WEEKEND BACK ON SCHEDULE :)
Post edited by abcde123123 on

Comments

• taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I concur. WE WANT MARK WEEKEND BACK ON TRACK..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, what a shame. I was looking forward to that.

*que end-of-the-world panic mode*
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Calendar is looking a little empty without it, add it back NAOW!!

I have a boat load of stuff to get using the extra marks.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014
    "We're doomed. We'll never make it." (from the animated Hanna-Barbera version of "Gulliver's Travels")
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want the hourly's back.
    They realy srewed us over with you don't lose and marks....
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to scrap it what with us having bonus marks from the Elachi weekend and all the extra ones from bird/monkey mulching over the summer event period.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wasnt that supposed to be the 30th June weekend?

But I agree... If it's gone that would be... Very anoying.
  • dweezemandweezeman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just check the in-game calendar and yep, it's gone.

Would be awesome to get it back. Barring that, at a minimum, get an official announcement that it was purposely removed along with an explanation why.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well damn.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dooooom.

10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Dooooom.

10chars.

Not saying Doooommm - but if it is deliberate - then it is pretty underhanded and low of Cryptic.

I hope it's just a mistake.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know we're in the summer event and all, which is great.

But weren't we promised weekly events when they pulled the plug on hourlies? That would be weeklies replacing the hourlies? The summer event is a seperate entity - so if this is not an error, we just got hit with a one event month, instead of the bi-weeklies we've been seeing since the switch.

Maybe we should just call these events monthlies? Or intermittent acts of kindness?

Hopefully it was just an error updating the schedule, and it gets put back next week.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if it's a just a glitch in the calendar, with the recent patch and all that.

If not, I wonder what the rationale is behind it.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was on a break from the game when it happened, what was their excuse for getting rid of the hourlies?

I've been thinking about making a post on that. I have my theory, but I'd like to hear others.
  • taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was on a break from the game when it happened, what was their excuse for getting rid of the hourlies?

I've been thinking about making a post on that. I have my theory, but I'd like to hear others.

Dont think there was any explanation. They just changed it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014

They said some nonsense along the lines of how making them weekend events instead of hourlies "more people could participate."

According, of course, to The Almighty Metrics™ which dictate what happens. :rolleyes:
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The subject says it all.

Much awaited marks weekend has disappeared from calendar. Given how long we've been waiting for that WE DEMAND MARKS WEEKEND BACK ON SCHEDULE :)

This is f*#^ery
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A simple statement from Cryptic confirming and explaining the removal should be in order.

Fingers crossed then eh?
  • absolutbritishabsolutbritish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh it better come back soon and at the promised date, we've all been waiting long enough for a bonus marks event. There were two XP weekends since the last mark event and I was really looking forward to the planned event at the 22nd to 30th of June. We have a really small fleet and I would love to work a little bit on our fleet marks. And I guess there are tons of other people with a similar situation out there...

Please bring it back and do the events as you stated them in the first place...
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ummm... isn't the Elachi Invasion Weekend a marks event? Similar to the Shuttle weekend, marks are rewarded 1.5:1 above normal, and with choice of marks to boot. I have no idea what possessed them to do it this weekend, especially since I was looking forward to playing "Hearts and Minds" for Friday the 13th...:confused:

Either way, the dev's don't give a rip about your demands. :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I'd bet it went away because of the fact we've already got mark-a-palooza going on at Risa. (And they likely saw people stocking up on birds & monkeys to turn them all in during bonus marks.)

Probably easier to just turn off the event than to reprogram things so that the pet turn-ins don't work for it (could you just imagine the bugs that could come from that? :P)
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Swimming against the tide here - but I hope it is pushed back - I'm away that week:p!
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be fair, there are a lot of marks to be had as people have stated already - Elachi Weekend and Bird Grinding. Not the first time Cryptic thought twice on what to do on the weekend, they're kind of like a really indecisive girlfriend like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    nobscu wrote: »
    To be fair, there are a lot of marks to be had as people have stated already - Elachi Weekend and Bird Grinding. Not the first time Cryptic thought twice on what to do on the weekend, they're kind of like a really indecisive girlfriend like that.

The rewards for Elachi alert are ultra bad - 47 or so marks - sure it's easy - but for the time put in there are better grinds.

This is no real "bonus" event
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stay on topic ppl. we want our marks weekend back!

some of us have got epohs and other commitments!
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^Replace mark weekend with shuttle weekend and I can accept this.

staying on topic is obviously way too much to ask...
    edited June 2014
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd bet it went away because of the fact we've already got mark-a-palooza going on at Risa. (And they likely saw people stocking up on birds & monkeys to turn them all in during bonus marks.)

Probably easier to just turn off the event than to reprogram things so that the pet turn-ins don't work for it (could you just imagine the bugs that could come from that? :P)

Well they should have tought of that before. It's not like that would not have been clear to happen. The summer event was planed long before the mark event.

They announced it and if they had the remotest dignity, loyality to their costumes, and intention to deliver quality they would put it live.

There is absolutely no possible excuse for this.
    Nothing at all.

Outside of gaming, in the real world this behaviour is fraud.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So the hourly which allowed us to get bonus marks or open mark packages on almost a daily basis has been replaced by the marks weekend which shows up...what, once, twice a year? I've been sitting on boxes for several months waiting for the weekend and now it gone?
    edited June 2014
    So the hourly which allowed us to get bonus marks or open mark packages on almost a daily basis has been replaced by the marks weekend which shows up...what, once, twice a year? I've been sitting on boxes for several months waiting for the weekend and now it gone?

At this rate once every 2 years it seems.
    edited June 2014
    What really hurts me being in a small fleet is the bonus it would have given to fleet marks. either way it's kind of underhanded.

I really hope this is just a oversight and encourage you to tell all your friends who knew about it to come on here and let Cryptic know that they would appreciate them maintaining what they essentially "promised"

It's really hard getting some Q's going with the Risa event - this weekend would really help! Cryptic - please put it back.

I know people say that they(cryptic) don't care or listen to what is said on the forums - but I think in some cases if enough people showed interest they may do something.

I can hope:eek: