test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck on loading screen Startrtrek Romulus Legacy

lukaszt1lukaszt1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Hi my name is Lukasz and I have a bug to report. Stuck on loading screen Startrtrek Romulus Legacy, won't let me in and one of my frineds has the same problem.
Post edited by lukaszt1 on

Comments

• lukaszt1lukaszt1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks it is working well again :)
  • artemariaartemaria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What was the solution? I am having the exact same problem.
  • sidewinderqsidewinderq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    so anything on the solution im haveing the same problem too.
  • reveeverreveever Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had this problem since I bought my new laptop about 2 months back and installed STO. It happens after every single update. The only thing I've found you can do is switch to window mode and let it do whatever the heck it's doing until you get the in-game login screen with a timeout error. I thought maybe it was either 8.1 or that Optimus thing NVIDIA chunked onto their 800-series laptop cards, but I have no idea.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My issue went like this:

Log-in, launch, get to LoR loading screen, and it goes from fullscreen to windowed with that pixel glitch. Had the issue for the last month-and-a-half.

However, in all that time, I always exited out quickly... recently, I let it run. About fifteen minutes later, it timed out or something and got me to the character select screen. The graphics were BADLY glitched and warped, and the settings were all off, but it got me in-game, and everything still worked beyond that.

A little fixing of settings later, and all was fine upon next log-in. And never had the loading screen issue since

^Not entirely sure how or why this fixed it, technical-wise, but still hope it helps
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • thetagraphicsthetagraphics Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been having a similar problem. The game loads, I get the Cryptic Screen, then the Legacy of Romulus screen, and then it goes black (though a couple lines of text are visible at the top center (Version: ST.40.20140525a.20) and bottom left (Proxy: us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com) of the screen) and the music from the character select is playing, but it goes no further.

Clicking on anything immediately gives me a "GameClient.exe is not responding" error and I'm essentially forced to shut down the program. While there is a "Wait for the program to respond" option, it does nothing. I've left it running for an hour to see if it ever gets past that point, but it never does.

Help??? :(
  • thetagraphicsthetagraphics Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Reinstalling the game seems to have worked...
  • kubig37kubig37 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi,
    I'm having exactly the same problem too. :mad:

When launching the game, it "freezes" on Legacy of Romulus logo while "Loading...".

It must be somewhat hardware or Windows related problem, STO is working without any problem on my PC with Windows 7, while my much newer Lenovo Z500 Notebook with Win 8.1 (purchased 2013) always get stuck on this screen after every update.

Only solution so far I found was letting it do its "(Not)Loading..." for at least 15-30 min, after that it finally loads...

Tried updating drivers, defragmenting discs, reinstalling game, installing Windows updates,... nothing helped...

(right now its still Loading... :D )
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Launch in safe more, works for me. I had the same problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Currently experiencing this same issue - for those who say "fiddling with the settings" fixed it, can you perhaps mention which settings you fiddled with? A workaround for this would be much appreciated, thanks!
    8b6YIel.png?1